EUR/USD Daily Video, September 20, 2011

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,
All eyes on FOMC meeting and its results. Despite the fact that market probably remains lazy today, it still has some chances to fill the gap:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eurusd 20.09.2011

Good morning,
All eyes on FOMC meeting and its results. Despite the fact that market probably remains lazy today, it still has some chances to fill the gap:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Commander,
Great analysis done with precision and dexterity. My little observation is this,
Though I also expect market to be sluggish because of tomorrows FOMC meeting, on the 4 Hour time frame an AB=CD pattern of A=1.3495, B= 1.3936 C=1.3586, has 0.618 extension target around 1.3850 area, though I have opened a bullish position because I expect market to cover the gap. Will that 1.3850 area be too far as a Take profit option (i.e Market might not reach it) or I just stick with the area of agreement around 1.3740-80 area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Mr. Sive. Thank you for your eforts on tehnical analysis, this hellp me a lot to learn how to handle on forex. I'm also member of one Croatian forum obout forex and I would ask you if I can post this analysis on that forum, if you don't minde,becuse it is also on youtube. Best regards Mariya :)

Commander,
Great analysis done with precision and dexterity. My little observation is this,
Though I also expect market to be sluggish because of tomorrows FOMC meeting, on the 4 Hour time frame an AB=CD pattern of A=1.3495, B= 1.3936 C=1.3586, has 0.618 extension target around 1.3850 area, though I have opened a bullish position because I expect market to cover the gap. Will that 1.3850 area be too far as a Take profit option (i.e Market might not reach it) or I just stick with the area of agreement around 1.3740-80 area?

Hi josiahemmy,
well, EUR is under pressure... although we can't exclude any spikes, probably to make profit at high point of gap looks safer decision. My t/p around 1.3750.

Good morning Mr. Sive. Thank you for your eforts on tehnical analysis, this hellp me a lot to learn how to handle on forex. I'm also member of one Croatian forum obout forex and I would ask you if I can post this analysis on that forum, if you don't minde,becuse it is also on youtube. Best regards Mariya :)

Hello Mariya.
I suppose you can do this, but with compulsory reference on this site, otherwise those forum has a risk to be closed due breaking of copyright law...
Still, It's better to ask about this of Administration ... Wait for reply in this thread about it.

Good analysis, Sive + FOMC

Your Sept 20 assessment is good one, Sive. Your retracement prediction ("likely, but not fore sure") to about 13743 is coming to pass as I write this after London has been open for 5.5 hrs. Overall, you predicted well in this analysis. In last 2 weeks you (all of us) seem to be finding it harder than normal to discern what market is going to do short-term such as daily. Large range. Big-time disagreement on whether US FOMC will deliver major new stimulus tomorrow (QE3?). I guess it's best to not anticipate, although I believe there will be something fairly substantial such as more debt-buying on long end. Bernanke (Fed) is a market cheerleader and rarely disappoints market.

Hello Mariya.
I suppose you can do this, but with compulsory reference on this site, otherwise those forum has a risk to be closed due breaking of copyright law...
Still, It's better to ask about this of Administration ... Wait for reply in this thread about it.

I asked exactly because I don't wish to break any law espetially don't wish to steal copyrights...Thank you I will wait till Administration answer...

Filled gap as you predicted

In other words, Sive, the market filled the gap just as you predicted. You said if market hits 13735 it will have filled gap, and market usually fills. Market reached 13738, then headed down as you predicted. Good going.

In other words, Sive, the market filled the gap just as you predicted. You said if market hits 13735 it will have filled gap, and market usually fills. Market reached 13738, then headed down as you predicted. Good going.

Unless I am mistaken, the gap has not yet filled. 1.3735 is the gap price for futures market, which are the prices Sive uses, but on the spot forex market, it will be 1.3749-1.3753. It most likely will still fill this gap.

Back