EUR/USD H1 research

Profesor Pips

Sergeant
Hi all, I think it is a good place to share a part of my research about indicators trading on EUR/USD. I decided to check, which indicator/s have higher probability of success in building automatic strategy. So I made 1000 simulations for each indicator. The chart, below, show us profitability of each indicator in test.

Methodology of research:

Default settings for 21 indicators
data test 2006.01.01 2020.12.31
Initial capital $10000
lot size 0.1
time frame H1
SL-TP: 30-300
Type order: pending order
direction: long

indicators research SL-TP.png

As you can see, some indicators are better than others. Don’t waste time to build a strategy from indicator which have low success probability. Find the own way to make research and save time. Regards Greg

Right now I am bullish on EURUSD trading pair; I believe $0.9841 is a strong support level! Expecting a strong pullback from this level!

Thanks for the work you've done. It turns out that Ichimoku is the most profitable, DaMarker is the most unprofitable?

"Methodology of research" is the key. Ichimoku is the best profitability and DeMarker is unprofitable in this test. The test has been made on H1 time frame with take profit as exit rule and pending orders. Different test settings like H1 time frame close position end of day as time exit and market order probably give different results. No indicator is the best on every market, time frame, market condition, but that kind of research could give you an information, which indicator working better in a specific market condition. Regards Greg

Hi all, I decided to update research and include crisis time, so new data test is between 2006.01.01 - 2022.09.30, the results are below.
indicators research SL-TP update.png

This is basic research, I have chosen H1 time frame because it is a good balance between number of transactions and noise in the market, so I think that H1 is more useful than daily chart.

Hi all, today I want to present research for short direction.

Methodology of research:

Default settings for 21 indicators
data test 2006.01.01 - 2022.09.30
Initial capital $10000
lot size 0.1
time frame H1
SL-TP: 30-300
Type order: pending stop order
direction: short
All pending orders and transactions are close in friday.

Indicators research Stop Loss and Take Profit for short direction.png

This is basic research, I have chosen H1 time frame because it is a good balance between number of transactions and noise in the market, so I think that H1 is more useful than daily chart.
thanks for the answer. In my experience, I can say that the daily chart is more amenable to technical analysis than lower timeframe charts.

Back