Euro Forex Pro weekly 24-28, May, 2010

EUR/USD Update, Thu, 27 May

Gud'day Forumers,

First of all, there are a couple of moments that make me expect a bullish bias for today, may be for tomorrow also. First one is a behavior of market yesterday around previous low. Market has taken only one low and left untouched the other, that is more important. So, the conclusion is that this down move was just a wash & rinse of this low and not a breakout attempt. It means, that we can expect up move today. The daily chart also has some signs for that and I think that the possible target of that move is 1.24-1.2467 range - range between previous high and weekly pivot.
But, The fact that market has not reached lows at 1.2130 for a few pips makes me worry about it. Usually BIG GUYs do not release such a possibility to grab sweety stops.
So, what is in result? First, there are signs for upside move, but one trick is still possible - we can see something like solid up move, then, when there are a lot of people will be on Buy side, market will make a strong reverse move and go to the lows. I will not be very surprised if I'll see it. I do not know exactly, possibly it will happen, possibly not, but This kind of trick is a main risk for couple of days. MArket is near to low, it can be choppy. Be carefull.

As for me, I probably take a risk of a short-term Buy with target around 1.24-1.2467.
Good luck.

Attachments

• EUR_USD_4H_27_05_10.PNG
    EUR_USD_4H_27_05_10.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 48
Thanks for giving us a clearer picture, Sive. Its been really choppy for a while now. I am also looking to buy EUR after it cut through the trendlines like butter just now. Awaiting for the next setup to enter.

There is also a trendline on the daily chart which dates back a month ago where the downwards slide began; all the way from 1.3360. If Eur was to move beyond 1.24 and close the day above it the trendline would have been broken. So I watching out for that too.

i am staying out for now and friday too unless i see some good signs.We are not out of the woods yet.We are still lurking in the upper 1.22s that would mean we could still fall hard. For me a buy is very risky consideration right now because i feel it might be a market ruse, another one

Sive, I was really sorry to see you lose that $1200 floating profit on your statement. Ended up only $120. When the gain is so large compared to your capital (this was ~20%!), wouldn't you normally close the trades even if they didn't reach the profit goal? Or did you wait so long intentionally?

(Edit: I meant 20% of your initial capital. That's a big % gain in just a day.)

Last edited:
Sive, I was really sorry to see you lose that $1200 floating profit on your statement. Ended up only $120. When the gain is so large compared to your capital (this was ~20%!), wouldn't you normally close the trades even if they didn't reach the profit goal? Or did you wait so long intentionally?

Where did you see it? (I am new).

Hi, Rubin
not 20% - about 12%. But it's a large amount anyway.
I think I do, especially if I can track the trade near computer. May be not at all, probably I'll tight stops closer for overnight to reaach at least 300-400$ (concerning my assets on demo or about 3-4%). Unfortunately, sometimes I do not have a time to track my demo. ;) Sometimes, i just place orders for a day, make update for you and that's all. If I have a time during the day, I can make some changes.

Oh man what a day it is. I lost so much earlier today due to messy price movement. Luckily during the Euro session it was much better I could make good enough profits to get my feet back on the ground.

Now I think its about time for Eur to rise. I think it should continue it's rise if it closes above 1.2263. It is up to you to decide the move. If it doesn't than we need to wait and see again. Looking forward to US market opening.

Back