Euro Forex Pro Weekly, 26-30 July, 2010

daily updates

Sive,
first of all, thanks for the very clear analyses!
Where can I follow your (daily) updates after your post for the new week?
Thanks again
Denis Verdijck
Belgium

Its sickening to see EUR not doing anything after it completed the H&S plus 2 long rejection at around 1.3105. Looking at the EUR fundamentals from yesterday and before I think GDP today might come out as a positive figure. Can't predict this one.

This is the slowest forex week for me since I started 8months ago. Almost no trade at all.

Last edited:
Sive,
first of all, thanks for the very clear analyses!
Where can I follow your (daily) updates after your post for the new week?
Thanks again
Denis Verdijck
Belgium

Hi Denis,
I prepare daily updates in the same thread as weekly. Usually I do not make an update on Monday, but from Tue to Fri usually do.

EUR/USD Friday Update

Good Morning, friends

Market continues to creep higher, but today we'll see a GDP release. There is not much to say from the technical point of view. Personaly, I do not like to have any positions during important data release or FOMC meeting. Area near daily XOP and weekly Confluence support is an area where Bull party is over or should take a pause.
So, for those, who out of the market - it's too late to establish Long positions. Wait when XOP will be reached and look for sell signals.
For those, who in the market on a Long side - I recommend to tight stops. I move my stop to 1.3040.
Also I want to show you a 4-hour chart. There is another shorter-term XOP there at 1.3172. It also can be reached, may be just pierce today on volatility splash.
So - not enter Long (or only for scalp trade) , tight stops. That's my plan fo today.
Good luck

Attachments

• EUR_USD_4H_30_07_10.PNG
    EUR_USD_4H_30_07_10.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 53
Trend trade or scalps this coming week?

Sive or anyone:

IF the .2880 to .3130 range prevails, any idea if scalp set ups are more likely this coming week, or still typical trending move up to .31(Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur) with idea of sell set up there, to be on completed and then on sidelines 1 hour before NFP Friday?

The assumption: Europeans are pretty much on holiday this week, that could increase chop?

Anyone have any Moving averages for summer chop on 30 min or 15 min chart?

Thanks in advance.

Sive or anyone:

IF the .2880 to .3130 range prevails, any idea if scalp set ups are more likely this coming week, or still typical trending move up to .31(Mon/Tues/Wed/Thur) with idea of sell set up there, to be on completed and then on sidelines 1 hour before NFP Friday?

The assumption: Europeans are pretty much on holiday this week, that could increase chop?

Anyone have any Moving averages for summer chop on 30 min or 15 min chart?

Thanks in advance.

Hi TraderJoe99,

Hm, My thoughts is to act according to market behavior. I never try to predict the way of price action. It means if I'll see the range - I'll act accordingly. If it will be trend - the same. Anyway I'll choose the strategy only after I'll see some signs from the market.

Back