Euro Forex Pro weekly, August 30 - September 3, 2010

Sive, I see that the risk taken by a HF manager (with small or no leverage) is much smaller than by a trader operating on 1:50. However, i do not see how it relates to the final equity appreciation in the example I have given. We assumed his stop loss was at 2% of his account. His TP is also 2%. That is not affected by his leverage. It just means that he does not need as much movement in the instrument to achieve it. Am I missing something here?

Rasto

Rasto, I do not exactly understand the problem... You see some contradiction in 30% return of HF managers and parameters of trading that I've pointed? Or you trying to uderstand, how such kind of parameters can lead to so shallow return, just 30%?
Or something else? I just want to catch the root of our conversation...

Rasto, I do not exactly understand the problem... You see some contradiction in 30% return of HF managers and parameters of trading that I've pointed? Or you trying to uderstand, how such kind of parameters can lead to so shallow return, just 30%?
Or something else? I just want to catch the root of our conversation...

Sive, I do not see a role of leverage in the outcome, if all other conditions in our example are the same - tp and sl at 2% of the account balance per trade, 70% win/loss ratio, 2 trades a day.

Rasto

Sive, I do not see a role of leverage in the outcome, if all other conditions in our example are the same - tp and sl at 2% of the account balance per trade, 70% win/loss ratio, 2 trades a day.

Rasto

Ok, I've got this statement, and you are asking is this possible or not? Or what?
My view, probably yes... 400%+ is possible.
I think that 100% anually is a middle result for trading. But again - if we will not take in consideration any other details.

attachment.php

I'm sorry, maybe I'm off topic.....
Double re-penetration on daily GBP/USD for the next week?

Attachments

• DREPO.jpg
    DREPO.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 95
Ok, I've got this statement, and you are asking is this possible or not? Or what?
My view, probably yes... 400%+ is possible.
I think that 100% anually is a middle result for trading. But again - if we will not take in consideration any other details.

Thanks Sive. I was asking all these questions to get a better idea of what is reasonable to expect from trading. My goal is to be able to appreaciate my account 1% daily while using good money management. When I calculate it annually it adds up to multiplying my account 6x. At first it seems too good to be true, but it is good to hear that it sounds reasonable to a professional. I trust your expertise.

Thanks for being an inspiring trader. You have shown your expertise during the whole year. I have never seen anybody show his skill so transparently. I am really thankful to you.

Rasto

attachment.php

I'm sorry, maybe I'm off topic.....
Double re-penetration on daily GBP/USD for the next week?

Hi, Sardinian. I think that there was no sufficient thrust down to clarify this as DRPO. May be it will work accordingly, so I better call it Look-alike DRPO...

Thanks Sive. I was asking all these questions to get a better idea of what is reasonable to expect from trading. My goal is to be able to appreaciate my account 1% daily while using good money management. When I calculate it annually it adds up to multiplying my account 6x. At first it seems too good to be true, but it is good to hear that it sounds reasonable to a professional. I trust your expertise.

Thanks for being an inspiring trader. You have shown your expertise during the whole year. I have never seen anybody show his skill so transparently. I am really thankful to you.

Rasto

Well, Rasto Surely this question is up to you, I mean your targets from trading etc...
But, due to my exprience... I understood that to think in a way of 1% per day, is not suitable for me... In fact, I think that it almost impossible to accomplish. Personally, I gudge my success in quality of each trade - Am I trade stricktly according to my trading plan, am I trade right or not. If I've made a "right" trade. This is a success... Just go from one trade to another and try to keep 'em "right'/ And as a result you can receive even more than 1% per day.
I tell you, because 1% per day will be press on you, and probably you will enter in undesirable trades, that you wish to pass in general...
Sometime ago, I also thought like you, I mean, today, for example I rise 0.7%. Oh, if I will rise the same daily - at the end of the year my account will be... etc, etc. so on... Then I uderstand that this is wrong way to assess the quality of my trading. But may be it will be suitable for you, who knows...

Mastar Just Wanna say a big thanks ... i was planing for short and find you and forex peace army... change my plans ... :D learning a lot from your analysis .. thanks to you and forexpeacearmy :) masta .. you rocks.. :)

Back