European Forex Pro weekly 10-14, May, 2010

Hi speculators,

apart from the crucial question of "How can I become as rich as Bill Gates or Warren Buffet in six weeks?" there is the question of us Germans, whether we will end up as the slaves of Wall Street speculators or not.
Mr Blankfein and others are trying to put the old Morgenthau plan into reality: to turn Germany into a big potato crop field.
The attacks against the Euro are directed against Germany. We Germans are the target.
Incredible profits have been made with CDS; in the region of trillions of dollars. This is not enough.
It is all about the destruction of Germany.

Format of Reports

Thanks for your excellent analysis

The format of these reports were much easier to read when everything was visible in one page including the charts.

Now, you have to click on charts separately, into separate windows and even have to log in separately.

Can you please change it back to how it was?

Many thanks

Steve

Sive,

Why split the monthly, weekly and daily analysis at separate mails. I am unable to print the printable version with charts expanded. I like the old format.

...On the other hand, this split format is more suitable for regular updates as the daily and 4-hourly charts progress. I'd take regular updates over printability or other convenience (like a one-lump post) any day.

I'm very curious whether Sive switches to a more EUR-optimistic prognosis this week. I wonder whether this $1 trillion package triggers a larger correction of the 1.51-1.25 nosedive. To me this is the question of the month.

(Not that I think throwing good money after bad will indeed help in the long run...)

Understanding the charts

Hello Sive,
I don't really follow the analysis here. I would like to because it is obvious that you know what you are talking about.
My problem is that I do not understand the analysis and indicators that you use.
When you write something like "XOP is just above daily Confluence resistance" it means absolutely nothing to me.

Is there an article somewhere on this forum that explains the indicators and terminology that you use?

Thanks

GumRai

Mr Morten, looks like all your analysis are taking place all in one day for the moment. The market seems very volatile. One minute we are all happy with the 400 BN Euro pack and then the next, The Euro plunges 400 pips again .Surely that is it for the euro since if the IMF came out and the EU is backing it and the thing is still falling, something is really up. Unless the chinese come up and say give me 300 millions Euros worth of something, i doubt that the Euro will see past 1.30 again.Eager for your analysis Mr Morten.

Hello Sive,
I don't really follow the analysis here. I would like to because it is obvious that you know what you are talking about.
My problem is that I do not understand the analysis and indicators that you use.
When you write something like "XOP is just above daily Confluence resistance" it means absolutely nothing to me.

Is there an article somewhere on this forum that explains the indicators and terminology that you use?

Thanks

GumRai

I was wondering the same thing. I found this just now that looks like it might answer some questions.

http://www.gftforex.com/documents/manuals/d-levels.pdf

Looks like Mr. Morten's got us on the right track. Just started reading last week and think I'll keep on.

As for Morganthau Plan, you'd better watch what you say or they'll turn you into a potato! Or Worse - a jailed potato. Now, I suppose I could have just started a riot.

Joking aside though, I think it's amazing that in absence of some way to deflate the currencies of individual countries there was never some mechanism established as groundlaw of the monitary union for purposes of rescuing fellow union members. I mean, how far did they expect to get into this thing without some threat of default?

It sort of shines of conspiracy. Now that Merkel lost in important district to finally come up with the bucks. (The federal republic has, as far as I can tell, always had strong sucessful governments and been generous in its dealings. Maybe this is the end.) That the monitary union could possibly have been unintentionally fatally flawed in not having a mechanism to bail out members is a stretch. Wonder, what is it Trichet is always talking about every day?

I always thought, though never said, that it would be a good idea to keep the individual currencies, if only as a tourist draw - think pretty colors - though the monitary union of course has been a boon to every country that has joined and spread a lot of prosperity. It should go without saying that ECB will bail out any member in danger of default, so there can never be any danger of default. Of course certain discipline is necessary, but without a way of deflating currency of the affected country, there'd better be a plan for supporting their debt.

Could it be whoever imposed elisions in the minds of the framers of the monitary union in anticipation of finally moving the business-financial center away from the customary London-Frankfurt "Axis"?

Tue, EUR/USD update

Good Morning everybody,

Sentinel, Scoxlade, Rubin Hood - I've talked to FPA about previous format - possibly it will return, but daily updates will be in current format. Research starts to release on Weekend. So, you can think about future trading week calmly.

GumRai
I've explained these things and others like Wash&Rinse thousand times here. Just check these forum.

So, let's talk about today finally.
First, I'd like you to read my analysis of 4-hour chart on Monday - our target was achieved (both of them - we have to take chips off the table early, remember?) and I've said - "If market will rise above weekly Pivot but close below - don't be long".
So, this is what we see now - market is below Weekly Pivot and I do not want to buy here. Now we have a Trading market - it means huge volatility and very short-term position. Not buy and hold, not sell and hold, understand? Short-term trades. take chips early, as I said...

Today I expect bearish bias. Possibly, we will see some retracement upper to weekly pivot (4-hour Fib. resistance also there), possibly it can be deeper. and I will be looking for possibility enter short (if I'll see any signals for shorting, of cause). Nearest target is 1.2600 area.

Attachments

• EUR_USD_4H_11_05_10.PNG
    EUR_USD_4H_11_05_10.PNG
    31.9 KB · Views: 69
Hello, everybody. There are many questions that have appeared about fundamentals and EUR/USD perspectives. So this is my view on situation.

Fundamentals
Today we will focus on the EU financial crisis, because there is not much to say about US economy, just a few words. As early as in the beginning of the year I’ve pointed out that if the US economy will continue to show numbers that will be in a row with expectations and understanding of “Economy Growth” term, all will be OK. In other words, US has only economical issues, not political ones and that gives the US extra points. Now it comes true. After Nonfarm Payrolls release we can point out that Employment growth momentum becomes faster and I even can say that to my mind, the employment sector is almost out of risk zone. Three main things that spread a shadow on the recovery in US are the Real estate market, banks debt provisions and reserves and anemic personal and industrial loans. But this is not critical and I expect that these issues will turn positive till the end of the year. All others things – Indexes of Confidence, Labor market, Industrial production, GDP, Inflation are in favor of positive development of situation. Furthermore, due to the European crisis, the US Dollar and US Treasuries are becoming a safe haven for the investment world, because there is a great uncertainty about EU currency and EU bonds. So, Mutual, Pension and hedge funds are turning to US market, because for now it is too risky to invest in Euro. This will lead to great inflow into US. For example, assume that a Fund can invest in Bonds with A+ rating or higher. So, Germany, France, Italy and Spain bonds are suitable for that purpose. But this is for now. What will be tomorrow? Even if Germany's rating will remain the same, what will be with Euro currency? This is the risk.
Let’s talk now about the EU situation. First of all, President Trichet and the ECB hold a very passive position in the question of Greece's debt. This adds fears and uncertainty to the market. There is a real question in Europe about who will be a buyer of Spain, Portugal and Italy's debt. Portugal and Spain's debt auctions have had a low bid-to-cover ratio and the interest rate was higher. When, as I said, the ECB did not show any support to Greece crisis and European debt market, then the question has appeared – Is it a time for reassessing all types of assets? The bond market is skyrocketing and Greek bonds have reached 11.3% yield, S&P has lost almost all the 2010 gains, Crude Oil fall as a stone, US Treasuries yield around 3.55% level. So, looks like this process is already underway. But there can be some relief if a bailout will be passed on Monday. In fact, the question is simple. EUR is a European currency; it needs support from EU officials. If they do not want to provide it, then they do not believe in the EUR. If this is so, why we should? And the whole market thinks in this way. So EU officials and the IMF should come to an agreement, other way – I even do not want to predict EUR future.
Conclusion: Fundamentals are on the backseat now. Increases/decreases risk factor is what that matters now. The X point for nearest future is an agreement EU officials and IMF. It has to happen for EUR having it’s chance.
Technical
This is a monthly chart
There was a very tough week, our expectations were met – we’ve reached monthly COP=1.2881, and we’ve broken all Pivot supports for the current month. This is a very bearish sign, but I want to note something.
First of all, (I think that you’ve got this also) this is not just a down move here. This is a flight to quality rally. Look at the AB move on the chart, the blue line is a lower bound of Oscillator Predictor that shows us an oversold condition. See, market was extremely oversold during almost four months in the end of 2008. Something like that we can see in a foreseeable future. It means that we should be extra careful with support and oversold analysis. What shall we do then? Let’s see…
We have strong bearish trend. Pay attention to the circle that I’ve marked on the chart. It’s important. We have a very strong support here – combination on Oversold condition and Fib support=1.2577. This is “Stretch” Directional pattern. Besides, just one figure below the market is a quarterly pivot support2. It means that I definitely do not want to sell here. I will expect any buy signals on lower time frames (weekly or daily) and think that next week may have an upturn bias.
After possible pull back I will look an opportunity to enter short. See the “stops” labels on the chart – I expect that market should hit them before possible solid reversal starts. The next target is OP=1.1482 and I think that it should be reached.
Monthly chart conclusion: The market has reached strong support levels and shows Buy “Stretch” directional pattern. This tells me that I should not sell here. On next week, the market can trade with an upside bias. At the same time, the current down move is a Flight to quality rally that can drastically skew the technical picture and the market can be extremely oversold for some months in a row (like in 2008). I expect that after some retracement up, the down move will continue and market should hit stops and reach an OP=1.15 roughly before we can expect solid reversal. So, don’t be a seller, look for short-term buy signal on lower time frames. Take only reasonable risk.

Hi Sive
News are manipulated. The economy in Europe isn't worse for a dime than the american. The USA are exactly as bankrupt as Greece, that means, the USA won't never be able to pay their debts as nearly all countries. So your previews are fine to the extend that you are interpreting well the manipulation and sentiment of the moment. But as the news are manipulated, all can change in a moment and you would have been wrong. For our sake (to make money in the FX market), only price action with very good trade management (T-R-A-D-E management, not money), means very small stoplosses (when the stoploss is bigger than 15 - 20 pips, you don't take the trade, there will come the next) and quickly move it to breakeven, is the more reliable way.

Back