Ever Blown Your Trading Account?

Fortuntely not blown an entire account yet but taken several losses that were far bigger than they ought to have been

Fortuntely not blown an entire account yet but taken several losses that were far bigger than they ought to have been
same i cant say the same but i think i was very new to the game and did not have enough knowledge. currently things have changed and actually making money now

I've had some bad experiences with trading accounts and lost money, but risk/reward, patience and risk management is the most important aspect of this game. Once you get that over control, they you are good to go.

Hi everyone,

Some of you won’t believe this but sadly it’s the truth; I have had an account blown totalling £100,000. Yes, you read it correctly; hundred thousands friking pounds.

I don’t want to dwell onto what happened but the fact of the matter is that I made a big mistake during my manual trading times at the start couple of years ago and rather than cutting my loses I kept going like a mad man till one day everything collapses.

Moral of the story is this for me: 1) shake yourself out of a bad trade and leave your ego behind 2) I vowed to myself to find a way of making so much in the game that this major loss will not be a bad memory ever again (please don’t mistaken this for revenge trading but more of a self motivational oath that I took and I am on my way to forgetting this chapter of my trading marathon (I may have lost the first part but the race is still on).

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Some of you won’t believe this but sadly it’s the truth; I have had an account blown totalling £100,000. Yes, you read it correctly; hundred thousands friking pounds.

I don’t want to dwell onto what happened but the fact of the matter is that I made a big mistake during my manual trading times at the start couple of years ago and rather than cutting my loses I kept going like a mad man till one day everything collapses.

Moral of the story is this for me: 1) shake yourself out of a bad trade and leave your ego behind 2) I vowed to myself to find a way of making so much in the game that this major loss will not be a bad memory ever again (please don’t mistaken this for revenge trading but more of a self motivational oath that I took and I am on my way to forgetting this chapter of my trading marathon (I may have lost the first part but the race is still on).

Thanks

Ouch! Can’t even comprehend loosing 100k. You on your way back to recovery?

Me neither Forexviking o_O ...it took a while to settle in but now it's the reality.

I am slowly on my way to recovery; but it will be a long way back (although I am hoping not).

My strategy now is to perfect the current EA I have built (modified from another base EA which I bought the source code for) - and so far it's going good. I am waiting to fully confirm it's power specifically during crazy times (as that is when most EAs fail - I have another thread of yet another painful journey there). So if I can perfect this EA then the rest will be history and I am pretty sure I can pick up where I left off soon (and reach the golden side of the rainbow).

Just need to be patient and don't get carried away (again) :rolleyes:

I think every trader done this. After all everybody`s learning from his mistakes or must be like this.

Back