Ever Blown Your Trading Account?

I haven't blown one what I did was close accounts after a few losses and they weren't even 30% too 2 years of this to stick at it

I have blown account when first starting off luckily it was only a small account and i was learning.

Last week i had a terrible experience. I went short on eur/usd(very unusual for me because i only trade GBP/USD) and made 80pips. Wow! i was so happy i added more lots unfortunately at the very point i later got to know that Sir pipsalot had advised to take profit. Well, guess what happened. The reversal was so massive i almost lost all my capital.
I have blown my account a few times in the past and it almost repeated itself last week except this time i had become a bit wiser.
Has anyone had this sort of experience before, I mean on a live account NOT DEMO pls? Lets talk about it. How did u feel? how did u get out of it? How come you are still trading and not discouraged? Please share you views with me. Thanks.

omo9ja.
I have but hopefully I can learn from it

Dude, I've never blew out my account. You think that I'm lying but it's just I'm super cautious trader, and before entering the Market I was training on my demo for quite some time. But I've lost some money - got couple nasty stop losses - but never blew my account entirely.

Over the years I've probably blown about 6 accounts haha. All various sizes and most of them the seed money was already removed.

I too have blown 2 accounts, 1 my own investment, and the other was a bonus account. I was carefree at that time not know the effects of using high leverage in trading.
Spending time with trading teaches me many things than I am thankful for the good forums, I was able to know the opinion of good traders to know how different things affect in trading

Back