Ever Blown Your Trading Account?

What's there to be surprised about?

I'm sure there would be others like myself that didn't start trading forex CFD's 1st!

I started trading stock's year's before starting trading forex CFD's, probably the reason I use little leverage :p

There might be some traders trade with little leverage and small volume, but I think any trader has the greed. So soon or late, they will increase their leverage and their volume to get higher profit then their account get blown.

There might be some traders trade with little leverage and small volume, but I think any trader has the greed. So soon or late, they will increase their leverage and their volume to get higher profit then their account get blown.

IMHO there is no right or wrong, trade with high leverage or no leverage,indicators or no indicators it's your account, do what work's for you!

I'm quite content on calling myself a small fish(see low leverage) in this vast ocean of forex,but having said that I have big shoulder's(see real money behind me) and I will nibble on anything that get's in my way(see SL or blown account):D

Last edited:

Some will. Then again, there's more than on unleveraged stock trader who made a stupid mistake and wiped out 75+% of an account on one "sure" trade.

Those who don't follow ironclad money management rules will regret it sooner or later. Using excessive leverage just accelerates the process considerably.

I have blown 2 mini accounts when I get started to forex trading and about 5 demo accounts in Hotforex. I can say by doing that, my trading skill has improved better.

Demo accounts are very helpful and every trade should trade on demo first and improve their trading knowledge and experience to earn good and consistent profit.

Even demo account are good for improving trading skill but there is no thing can help you make profit consistently 100%. You have to get in touch with real trading.

The title of this thread should be How many times have you blown a live trading account? I dont think there is any serious trader that hasnt done this at least once. If I had a dollar for every account Ive blown...........Well Id have quite a few dollars LOL.... The up side is it has taught me patience, and better money management, as well as not playing with so much leverage.

Even demo account are good for improving trading skill but there is no thing can help you make profit consistently 100%. You have to get in touch with real trading.

We have to improve our analysis skill too so that trading can be done properly because its the analysis who helps the trader to determine the right entry and exit. Demo is very helpful and we can earn consistent profit if we practice well in it.

yes Blown up my micro account here was just few dollars in it . I try to use highest leverage thinking I will manage it well. Good thing with micro account is that we get experience of trading that we remain conscious with good funds using in trading.

Yes, am no different from the majority of the traders wherein i have blown n number of accounts. But this year i have taken the resolution and realized the potential of making money with minimized risk. Thus, managing one trading account this year and keeping my fingers crossed.

Never had that experience before, i was very cautious in the beginning thats why i took minimum risk and traded when ever i felt confident.

Back