Experience or Education?

It is quite like the ‘chicken or egg’ problem. When you are educated, you gain experience and when you gain experience, you become more educated. So, it’s a lifelong process. So, there is no correct answer. You need both in right proportions to be a good trader. (Unless you are someone with that strong gut feeling.!)

That’s like asking, who is more important for a child’s development; Mother or Father. Just like with this question, it is simply not possible to choose one over the other. But yes, first you need to get basic education in trading and then both education and experience go together in tandem to make you a better trader.

Education is undoubtedly is an important step of life, but in fact it cannot give you anything and you're not going to be told how to trade in forex either. There're quite experienced successful traders in forex, who don't have appropriate education and didn't use to be good at economics at first.

It's an endless circle. You can't get a job or be promoted without education, but when you have this education certificate employers require a little experience.

I would go with both experience and education. In order to gain experience you need to be well educated about the ethics and basics of the Forex market. So you need to get education first in order to be an experienced one in the near future. Best of the Luck!

I agree. It's not an "either/or" situation, people gain both eventually, and need both to trade.

Both are their own place no trader can get success without trading education or knowledge and experience is most important that comes after this stage. What ever we know we experience on trading with it. This experience sharpens our learning, Finalize our thinking for trading. It tells now what fields are there to know.

It is a really tough question. I will go the diplomatic way and say that you need both of them to be successful in life. You can't expect to be successful with any one quality. You need a set of qualities to be able to crack in the forex world. Can you name more impotant attributes?

Back