f-man's MT Strategy

you said 39 pips on the GBPUSD so Is it work good on majors as well

The strategy looks to be working on the majors as well. I wanted to avoid the majors, as they are, in my opinion, more influenced from the news and because of the correlations between them it can have a double impact on the total DD of the account.
The setup was good on some trades and I took them to see the reaction of the system on the majors.
As the strategy is under development and the only way to get better is by taking trades on a demo account, that's what I am doing!

Hi Dietmar,

The strategy is based on the fractals indicator, in combination with short- and medium term trendlines and major S/R levels.
I compare the fractals indicator on daily candles in different time zones and I use H4 and H1 charts to decide my entry and exit points.

Very nice, f-man! ... is it possible for you to post a screenshot of one setup/chart?

Thank you very much,
greetings from Hamburg/Germany,
Dietmar

As the EURCHF short position I hold was getting close to the "danger zone", where I will have to close it, I decided to place another short trade with a risk/reward ratio 1:2 (20:40). I got another +37 pips, so in case that the initial trades makes a loss, the total damage is lower than it would be.

Following Sive Morten's analysis on the USDCHF, I placed a long trade. That is also a trade with a relative small SL, in order to minimize a possible loss on the initial trade I have on the USDCHF.

Update

I closed all the EURCHF short positions with some profit, since the trend is looking to be turning and got exit signals on H1 chart.

USDCAD long position is looking good and hoping to ride a bullish trend in the next days up to my TP level.

I still hold the USDCHF long positions, although today I was feeling very unsafe with them. The system still shows I should keep them. I hope to ride a bullish trend there as well and hopefully it will reach the level of 0.9686

Result of the month is +29% equity on closed positions, -7% equity on open positions

+34 pips on the AUDJPY

There was a very good setup last night on the AUDJPY and I took a long trade there.
I got an exit signal on the H1 chart and the trade was up 34 pips. I decided to exit and wait for a reentry chance at the same level, where the trade was taken in the first place.

It was a week that begun very bad and ended very good!
In the beginning of the week, two trades were very close to the SL, but I kept them, because of Sives Analysis.

The account is now +37% equity, +681 pips and 90% positive Trades (Last 16 are consecutive).
Only one trade might go wrong (Long on the USDCAD). I feel confident about the other trades.

As I was afraid, USDCAD hit my SL. All in all, the basic strategy worked well.
After attending a seminar and getting some new ideas, I am revising the strategy and including some other indicators as well.

I will set up a new demo account and srart over again.

Back