• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Hello friends.

I've also been testing FAP Turbo since it became publicly available on Tuesday Nov. 25th.
Trying a couple of demos and started trading a live account. Live has been going for a week now, very nice results.

On live I turned the eur/usd off, trading only the scalper. MM "true", raised the eur/gbp lotsriskreductor to 20,
eur/chf to 10, usd/cad to 5. It's a mini account, so the raising of the parameters isn't too aggressive for my risk appetite.

It's interesting to note that on one demo account, in TradeView Forex, the scalper doesn't work like in other brokers.
It doesn't take the small 5-12 pips profit, and waits for the s/l or t/p to hit. I set all parameters to be the same, but still,
the scalper works differently. Perhaps the fractional pips quotes are interefering with something there (tradeview give out
quotes with 5 digits, like 1.28522). I wrote to the fapturbo support, still waiting for a reply.

I will continue to update with live results. So far made approx. 12% on the first week of live trading (with smaller lotsriskreductor,
raised to above numbers only on Thursday). I sure hope it continues like that.

I've had the Risk Reductor raised to 5% all week on all 4 pairs, thats working fine. My intial position size was 0.10 on the default settings, with a $2500 starting balance. Raising it to 5% initialy doubled the position size to 0.20, and now its at 0.30, the account has grown to a little over $4500. The Steinitz was also added to the account this week, so results are not accurate for defining 1 system.

I'm trying to understand how the RiskReductor thinks, and what its calculating the risk as. The fact that it raised the lot size to 0.30, with a 5% setting, on a $4000-4500 account, tells me the calculated risk must be around $70. The developers own public testing seems to confirm this. Their maximum losses were all in the $50-65 range.

The big question is, they have differences in the risk across different pairs and following most major losses. It seems that they do set the Reductor differently for the different pairs, as well either they or the system changes the setting following major losses. I suspect that this is their own tuning and optimization as it doesnt seem consistent.

Regardless, this part of the program is running very well. No major losses so far, all failed trades were exited at breakeven or for very small losses. Still waiting to see how large a drawdown it will tolerate, I'm not confident that the risk setting is an accual stop, and that it wont run larger drawdowns waiting for its price.

My program did hit a slow day on Thur. It only initiated 1 trade, on the USDCAD Thur.

The FAPS EA is a bit different, relying on its preset s/l and t/p levels to manage trades. However its been profitable so far, closing 6 trades last week and 3 this week, with no true losses. I lost money by leaving the month end feature on, but it imediately reopened all the trades.

The bigest problem I currently see is the amount of risk I'm accepting to make the gains. At a minimum position size of 0.10, (the smallest size on Forex Meta), I'm grossly over leveraged with a 500 pip stop. Adjusting to a better MM level would make the gains ridiculusly small compared to the scalper, or my own trading. The only recourse I can see is to adjust the t/p and s/l levels so that it can run a larger position without overleveraging, and also trade more often. This might make this aspect of the Turbo more attractive.

The Steinitz has been running very well this week as well. But this one is known for its drawdown problems and needs to be watched and manually managed. There are a few internal options that have great promise, such as using a higher level indicator change as a preventaive measure. However, it will take a while to understand everything available.

I'm trying to understand how the RiskReductor thinks, and what its calculating the risk as.

Hi Ken.

The LotsRiskReductor doesn't look at s/l or t/p or anything else.
It's just you telling the EA how much free margin to open the next
position on. For example, if you set it to 10.0, it means "take 10%
of the free margin for my next trade."
Let's take an example to make it more clear. You're currently flat,
got $1,000 in your account, and your leverage is 1:200. Setting the
LotsRiskReductor to 10.0 is telling the EA - use $100 (10% x $1,000).
With a 1:200 leverage, $100 buys you $20,000 or 0.2 lots. That's the
meaning of the LotsRiskReductor parameter, that's how it calculates
your position size.

FAP Turbo demo account restrictions

This is absolutely amazing, and extremely underhanded. I have heard nothing about this from the developers, and non of it was mentioned in the original agreement.

What are we to do?

I installed this on a crappy ForexMeta account to test it untill I got a more permanent account open. Now it seems I am stuck!! I was setting up to move it to FXDD this week!

I totaly understand the need for restrictions, especially with the licesing for live accounts, but this should be disclosed up front, not done behind our backs!

This, and the comments about the updates raise serious questions about the integrity of this company. Hopefully between themselves and the original FAPS development and marketing department they can straighten out these problems. The way it seems to stand now they just royaly screwed a lot of people...

Does the original FAPS have any of these clauses limiting its use?

Ken,

I think you can still move to wherever you want, this defense mechanism will probably
only be active in the next version they just released. As long as you're running
version 16, you're ok, move to the brokers you want, and close the ones you don't
want. The 1 live 1 demo is probably only there in version 20. I haven't downloaded it
yet.

shohami,

I sure hope your right, but it doesnt seem that way from the other postings on Forexautopitotforum.com, or from what I just read on their own website.

Once an activation code is used it can not be reused. NO refunds on used EA's. $10 discount on second license, $129.00.

I certainly hope I am wrong, or that the company realizes their mistake and allows us to set up properly before they restrict us.

As far as the RiskReductor. Isnt it based on the calculated risk, not simply the position size.

When I stated this EA I placed it on a demo with a $2500 balance, with the default risk setting of 1.5. This gave me 0.10, the smallest lot size available.

When I increased the setting to 5% it initialy doubled my position to 0.20, even though 5% of the then $3000 balance was $150. As the balance approached $4000 it automaticaly increased my position to 0.30, as the 5% aproached $200.

This doesnt seem correct for a position size setting, either at 1:100 or 1:200, both are a little off. It seems more like its calculating a risk of $60-65. Which would more closely account for the increases, and when they happened. Also there is a seperate LotSize selector.

Just tried to setup everything on my newly purchased vps ... this new activation totally screwed up everything ... new 'expertID', required new 'activation key' ... I wrote support, trying to explain to them that it's the same account, just a different computer. I hope they help. For now I can't trade on my vps, but my old activation key is still working on my own computer. I hope support doesn't take too long to answer. :unhappy:

The MM / LotsRiskReductor thingy - that's how I thought it worked. Whenever I changed that number, I'd get 'used margin' as the percentage from what I set it. LotsSize is just a number, it's not dynamic. With MM and LotsRiskReductor you get it set dynamically with the change of your free margin. I think it only looks at your free margin and leverage and calculates lot size accordingly.

Hi, i currently have vers.16 but as soon as i update to vers. 20 i will have the same problem here. I have installed 1 ver. on my hme PC and another on a VPS (currently working)
this anty privacy has no sense... if somone change PC or would like to go on a VPS he has to purchase a new license... that is very bad...

shohmi,

Did you get that universal copy yet?... I saw your other postings. I have a universal copy of the original FAPS, curtesy of a freind. It the same thing were posible with Turbo it would cetainly be interesting..

I installed a second demo this week, so I believe the restrictions wont take place untill the upgrade. Fortunate, but still a bad situation. And totaly contradictory to their user manual, where it says to test brokers and change if not satisfied.

I may buy a second copy just to have it for two accounts. I think it can easily pay for itself.

Back