• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FapTurboEvolution.com

General discussions of a financial company
Demo Acct Review

Hi all.

I decided to purchase FAPT Evolution and have started it running on a demo account on Wednesday evening. I admit that personally I was not a great fan of the original FAPT (a larger than ideal losing trade early on in a live account caused me to quickly abandon it in favour of Forex Megadroid). However, I still purchased this new version because, besides the excellent results from reputable beta testers , I figured getting the Forex Megadroid Pro thrown in when released, for nothing was an added bonus as I have had excellent results from Forex Megadroid since I started running it on a live account in April - only one minor loss this week which was more than offset by a larger win on the same night).

Back to FAPT Evolution, I admit the first couple of nights have not been overly convincing, but not horrendous either. Results (excluding commissions)

Wed 16th July:
EURGBP net loss of £35
Thu 17th July:
GBPCHF net win of £28.48
EURGBP net win of £5.00

Everything is on the default settings as when purchased, and I using a £100,000 demo account (I know I could probably update the lot size, but thi is just a test!!)

Some comments of my own:
a) the demo trading platform seems a bit unstable and seems to be going through various upgrades the last couple of days. Hopefully this wouldn't apply to a live account, hasn't affected results too much and will improve going forward.
b) I have seen quite a few orders initially "rejected by counterparty" (9 out of 19 in total). Not quite sure what this is all about.This prevented the opening of a USDCAD trades on Wed night and has delayed closing others by a very short time period (e.g. five minutes max but still could make the difference). I will follow up with Dukascopy to get their feedback.
c) I was slightly surprised to see a gbp/chf position still open at 5:30 GMT this morning with a small loss. It would have been tempting to close immediately if it was a live account! However it did close soon after with a £28.48 win! The trade was opened at 22:19 GMT which is as expected - I am just surprised it took this long to close out.

I am going to leave the robot running throughout next week, and will feedback results, good or bad.

A Few Questions For Chuck

Mr. Roberts,

I deeply resent you questioning my integrity. If I planned to lie, why would I bother showing an older statement with losses instead of one that shows no trading?

I already posted proof the account was live. If you look at the bottom of the page that I posted earlier, you'll see it came from a live account.

I'm attaching that image again and everything else up to July 10th to this message. Each page has a footer showing it is from live-login.dukascopy.com.

The terms I agreed to for being a beta tester required me to use a live Dukascopy account with at least $10k in it. Since I wanted a clean account with no other trades, I transferred the remaining money out of a managed account I had to a new account. I then added money to get the account to $15k, but missed by $20.

Last week I mentioned I was adding $8000 to the account. I changed my mind on the way to the bank and decided to add $9k. I'll post this week's trades in a few days and that deposit will show up on it.

I can tell you that Monday was a losing day and Tuesday had a small loss. Yesterday had a small profit. I'll have to wait to see how well the week went.

Chuck:

I have analized your account statements and I have the following questions:

1. Why did you trade the GBP/CHF pair? I am asking this because the guys at fapturboevolution.com suggest us that the optimal settings for a $15K account are EUR/CHF (0.1 to 0.35 lots), EUR/GBP (0.1 to 0.15 lots), USD/CAD (0.1 to 0.35 lots) and GBP/CHF (0 lots). The FAPT Evolution team told us that you were using the standard settings but is obvious that you did some changes. Can you share with us your initial settings? Or did you change those settings because you had 3 consecutive losing days (from june 11th to june 15th)?

2. Are you aware that by including that pair (GBP/CHF) you have earn $3,922.50 USD? I think this a good reason for your success and Donnaforex's success. And that is perfect for me but could please tell the guys at fapturboevolution.com to clarify to all of us that you are not trading with the standard settings?

3. Are you trading monday and friday?

4. What are the lot sizes you are using for every pair?

5. Did you change any of the stop/loss settings?

Thanks in advance

Carlo

DonnaForex said on Thursday she was down about $1000 so it will be very interesting to see Chuck's statement.

I'd like to know how many new users are trading live on this system. Most who are talking about it are on demos still which don't say much apart from potentially you can make money.

b) I have seen quite a few orders initially "rejected by counterparty" (9 out of 19 in total). Not quite sure what this is all about.This prevented the opening of a USDCAD trades on Wed night and has delayed closing others by a very short time period (e.g. five minutes max but still could make the difference). I will follow up with Dukascopy to get their feedback.

From my earlier post I have confirmed the following with Dukascopy:

> It means that your orders are declined as the particular price/volume
> is not anymore offered by the counterparty which offered it some
> milliseconds before. Most probably, other client managed to get this
> volume at this price faster than you.

Not sure if this is reflective of the internet connection speed, some form of randomness built into the robot to distribute load on the broker, or some other external factor? Nevertheless, it does make me think this could become an issue if too many of the same robot were operating at the same time.

demo update

Just 2 EURGBP trades last night of FAPT EVO with a net profit of 0. Take off commission and I ended up with a small loss overall. Sounds like different people are getting different trades. I had GBPCHF and EURCHF trades both rejected.

(My Megadroid gave me another successful trade on a live account)

Demo Results

Here are my results using the recommended settings for fapturbo evolution. Not encouraging me to go live.

07/15/2009 = $542.89
07/16/2009 = $136.18
07/17/2009 = ($-650.57)
07/20/2009 = ($-692.23)
07/21/2009 = ($-182.97)
07/22/2009 = ($-2,236.35)

Here are my results using the recommended settings for fapturbo evolution. Not encouraging me to go live.

07/15/2009 = $542.89
07/16/2009 = $136.18
07/17/2009 = ($-650.57)
07/20/2009 = ($-692.23)
07/21/2009 = ($-182.97)
07/22/2009 = ($-2,236.35)

Which currency pairs are you trading? I am reading a lot that EURCHF and USDCAD are the best ones at least at the moment . After reading the manual thoroughly, i actually disabled the others yesterday and ended up with a miniscule net loss due to commission(trading P&L gain). Seems like the others are not working well and have incurred most of the losses of late.

Fapturbo Evolution update 1.1. was released. please check the member forum to read more about it . We have fixed a great number of minor bugs reported by our members and increased the speed by 20% + added reconnection feature!

Not encouraging me to go live..

There is no reason to be concerned. The robot works fine. Last week was not good however this week results are great again. If you expect to see 100% winning system, i am afraid forex is not for you at all.. As i wrote many times on this forum - you should consider results monthly or quarterly, not daily or weekly.

Regarding other testers - we'll update them monthly. However as an exception - here are the results of Avi tester from this week:

Back