• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem FastBrokers and FXDD case

I am having an issue with a company
No sir PipsStar, I get straigtht thru to Banks directly, but I can't speak for you.
AI

Unless you have an account with a bank itself you can never be sure who is the counterparty to the trade. Your broker might show a list
of bank liquidity providers on their website that are no more than window dressing. I was referring to STP's and ECN's who are more
often than not a nice way to repackage a market maker into something they are not.

Unless you have an account with a bank itself you can never be sure who is the counterparty to the trade. Your broker might show a list
of bank liquidity providers on their website that are no more than window dressing. I was referring to STP's and ECN's who are more
often than not a nice way to repackage a market maker into something they are not.

This is why it is important to contact that list of LPs to see if they really process trades for the broker on an STP/ECN basis or not. If the LPs all say they've never heard of the broker, that's what we call a very bad sign.

If the NFA wants that $3.3 million secured, that looks like sure sign that traders can expect some refunds. The remaining question is whether the other penalties will be big enough to make FXDD go totally offshore or not.

You will get straight-thru pricing to .......uhh.......a market maker.
That is often the case, as banks are market makers. STP brokers who only have one bank as their sole liquidity provider are not much different to a market maker broker.

They are making good money with the Managed Accounts I run there, so NO reason to run or get stopped doing business.
So do you accept getting a little short-changed on some percentage of trades, as long as you are making profit overall?

FXDD credited the restitution amount to an account that I had that has been inactive for almost 3 years. I found out because I get the daily account statements. Suddenly, I got one from the inactive account.

I hope I can submit the redemption form to get the balance.

Back