• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem FBS Issues for Successful trader.

I am having an issue with a company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ

Chaosbegone

Private, 1st Class
FBS is undertaking actions to undermine and eventually confiscate successful clients profits just like they did when they were known as Poltek FX.

Initially i was a client that regularly blew his account balance at FBS.
I studied. Got better. created a good business plan, implemented it and was successful. Because of the volume i traded on my accounts, i was even given VIP status.

Now Trading on all my FBS accounts have been disabled till i pass verification again.
I've been given a plethora of reasons from IP related issues to AML procedures as the cause.

My problems began when FBS under the guise of wanting to interview successful traders for their blog, started asking odd questions. Asking about my strategy, when i would close my trades etc.

Now over the course of several weeks I've been asked to provide "ALL" of the following. Photocopy of ID, Driving license, passport, utility bill, bank statement, selfie. Then selfie holding each document back and front. Then a manager calls me up, to take a selfie of me on Skype! Then they want certified notorized apostille copy of passport by post.

I've complained yet provided every single document they asked for and done all they've asked in a timely fashion. Yet there is still some delay in re-enabling my account.

FBS support have now become extremely rude, they've informed me i can no longer speak/chat to managers/supervisors and can only get updates via e-mail. But absolutely no updates are forthcoming. I've already had one account blow up on me and taken some losses - FBS realise the longer this goes on, the chances are very high that the rest of my account will also lose all their profits.

i supplied them with the most legal thing that exists to prove my identity - a notorized apostille copy of passport, but that wasn't good enough. They wanted it to come from the embassy and 6 months bank statements.
Still not a problem i wrote back, and posted what they wanted same day. They were due to receive it via registered post end of the week.
but the pair i was traded recently broke down in my favour and FBS responded by immediately disabling my accounts. I had about 25 of them. They also seem to have closed them at prices that are far from what it should be. When my accounts were disabled on 18/7/2018 11:00 GMT +2, GBPUSD was at 1.3029... highest reached after disabling was 1.3045, lowest was 1.3009.

FBS WROTE on july 11th 2018 : After all the required documents will be provided and reviewed and we will be completely sure that your documents are in fact in order and valid, your account will be verified.

They knew they were getting the documents they recently requested very soon. I posted it the same day they asked for it. So no delays there. but disabling my account after GBPUSD broke down after CPI news was just as low a blow as a shady broker could give. I cannot get a straight answer from FBS about what just happened. I managed to chat with support and from the conversation i had before she was shut down ... it also seems that FBS closed off my trades at unrealistic prices. I basically stand to loose 170,000 usd from this Scam Broker

FBS is undertaking actions to undermine and eventually confiscate successful clients profits just like they did when they were known as Poltek FX.

I studied. Got better. created a good business plan, implemented it and was successful. Because of the volume i traded on my accounts, i was even given VIP status.

Now Trading on all my FBS accounts have been disabled till i pass verification again.
I've been given a plethora of reasons from IP related issues to AML procedures as the cause.

My problems began when FBS under the guise of wanting to interview successful traders for their blog, started asking odd questions. Asking about my strategy, when i would close my trades etc.

Now over the course of several weeks I've been asked to provide "ALL" of the following. Photocopy of ID, Driving license, passport, utility bill, bank statement, selfie. Then selfie holding each document back and front. Then a manager calls me up, to take a selfie of me on Skype! Then they want certified notorized apostille copy of passport by post.

I've complained yet provided every single document they asked for and done all they've asked in a timely fashion. Yet there is still some delay in re-enabling my account.

FBS support have now become extremely rude, they've informed me i can no longer speak/chat to managers/supervisors and can only get updates via e-mail. But absolutely no updates are forthcoming. I've already had one account blow up on me and taken some losses - FBS realise the longer this goes on, the chances are very high that the rest of my account will also lose all their profits.

i supplied them with the most legal thing that exists to prove my identity - a notorized apostille copy of passport, but that wasn't good enough. They wanted it to come from the embassy and 6 months bank statements.
Still not a problem i wrote back, and posted what they wanted same day. They were due to receive it via registered post end of the week.
but the pair i was traded recently broke down in my favour and FBS responded by immediately disabling my accounts. I had about 25 of them. They also seem to have closed them at prices that are far from what it should be. When my accounts were disabled on 18/7/2018 11:00 GMT +2, GBPUSD was at 1.3029... highest reached after disabling was 1.3045, lowest was 1.3009.

FBS WROTE on july 11th 2018 : After all the required documents will be provided and reviewed and we will be completely sure that your documents are in fact in order and valid, your account will be verified.

They knew they were getting the documents they recently requested very soon. I posted it the same day they asked for it. So no delays there. but disabling my account after GBPUSD broke down after CPI news was just as low a blow as a shady broker could give. I cannot get a straight answer from FBS about what just happened. I managed to chat with support and from the conversation i had before she was shut down ... it also seems that FBS closed off my trades at unrealistic prices. I basically stand to loose 170,000 usd from this Scam Broker
Here is FBS Official Rep profile link, go ahed and invite him/her to this thread.

After all the hoops and accusations they've piled on me. I just received a reply from FBS saying that my account was terminated because i provided access to my accounts to others! Who in their right mind would give access of their accounts to others if their account was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!

Hello Chaosbegone

I am FBS Official and will be happy to check inbto this claim for you.

Thank you.

After all the hoops and accusations they've piled on me. I just received a reply from FBS saying that my account was terminated because i provided access to my accounts to others! Who in their right mind would give access of their accounts to others if their account was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!

Dear client,

We totally understand your feelings regarding such a thorough verification procedure of your account, which was caused by objective reasons.

First of all, your ID that was initially provided for verification was expired. Secondly, as it was revealed later, you have failed to provide us with the fact that you are a UK citizen, which is why verification procedure was complicated significantly and multiple documents were requested in addition. Being a regulated company, we are obliged to follow the rules of KYC, AML and Terrorism Prevention Act, which means we must verify the identity of our clients properly and request valid documents, and the revision must be particularly thorough in when the documents are questionable and when millions are at stake.
In your case the situation was also complicated by the fact that your trading account was operated from the devices and IP addresses that belong to another FBS client. Obviously, further investigation was in order, because according to the rules of Anti Money Laundering and Terrorism Prevention Act we must be completely sure that the client is not a nominal account holder. You do understand that such an investigation takes more time, more documents requested.

Furthermore, the last document sent by you shortly before your account was terminated was your Bank Statement, which clearly indicates that the funds were received by you from the third party, who had access to your trading account and has logged in with trading access multiple times.

On July 18 your Bank Statement was reviewed by our Compliance Officer and those transactions have confirmed our concerns proving that it’s highly possible that a third party is directly connected to the funds deposited by you and to trading on your account, which directly violates the AML policy and Terrorism Prevention Act.

Upon revealing those new circumstances, the decision has been made to terminate your account immediately and close orders at current prices. It happened at 11-25 AM.

Since the first time we have requested to renew your ID GBPUSD has moved more than 450 pips in the direction of your open position. If you see malice in the actions of the company by closing orders at market price of 1,3100 at 11:25 AM specifically, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that they could have been closed earlier at 1.3300 or 1.3400, or 1.3200б but that did not happen, as you can see.

Your orders were not annulled, they were not closed at non-existing prices. You have earned a huge profit as a result of your trading and as soon as we have official approval from HMPO (Her Majesty’s Passport Office) confirming that the passport provided in fact belongs to you, you will be able to withdraw your significant profit via the same method and to the same payment details that were used for deposit in accordance with AML Policy.

We do realize how upset you are with how long it takes to verify your documents properly. On the other hand, as a result you’ll have a full set of documents for AML check. Unfortunately, our strict verification procedures have revealed certain violations from your side, in particular providing access to your account to the third party, who possibly may be a beneficiary of the funds on your account. We do not claim that you are not the rightful owner of those funds, however since we have discovered violation of AML rules, the decision has been made to terminate your account. We are not able to reliably ascertain all the circumstances of this relation to the third party, which is why we simply make a decision based on facts.

We are sorry that verification in accordance with AML policy and Terrorism Prevention Act may take such a long time and require all sorts of documents, then again, we did our best to do the job fast but thorough not violating the strict rules that regulate our activity.

We would appreciate it if you could publish your Trading Statement so that people could understand the amount of funds involved and the reason why this case is investigated with such precision. Besides, your trading success can motivate others to start a career in trading.

Dear client,

We totally understand your feelings regarding such a thorough verification procedure of your account, which was caused by objective reasons.

First of all, your ID that was initially provided for verification was expired. Secondly, as it was revealed later, you have failed to provide us with the fact that you are a UK citizen, which is why verification procedure was complicated significantly and multiple documents were requested in addition. Being a regulated company, we are obliged to follow the rules of KYC, AML and Terrorism Prevention Act, which means we must verify the identity of our clients properly and request valid documents, and the revision must be particularly thorough in when the documents are questionable and when millions are at stake.
In your case the situation was also complicated by the fact that your trading account was operated from the devices and IP addresses that belong to another FBS client. Obviously, further investigation was in order, because according to the rules of Anti Money Laundering and Terrorism Prevention Act we must be completely sure that the client is not a nominal account holder. You do understand that such an investigation takes more time, more documents requested.

Furthermore, the last document sent by you shortly before your account was terminated was your Bank Statement, which clearly indicates that the funds were received by you from the third party, who had access to your trading account and has logged in with trading access multiple times.

On July 18 your Bank Statement was reviewed by our Compliance Officer and those transactions have confirmed our concerns proving that it’s highly possible that a third party is directly connected to the funds deposited by you and to trading on your account, which directly violates the AML policy and Terrorism Prevention Act.

Upon revealing those new circumstances, the decision has been made to terminate your account immediately and close orders at current prices. It happened at 11-25 AM.

Since the first time we have requested to renew your ID GBPUSD has moved more than 450 pips in the direction of your open position. If you see malice in the actions of the company by closing orders at market price of 1,3100 at 11:25 AM specifically, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that they could have been closed earlier at 1.3300 or 1.3400, or 1.3200б but that did not happen, as you can see.

Your orders were not annulled, they were not closed at non-existing prices. You have earned a huge profit as a result of your trading and as soon as we have official approval from HMPO (Her Majesty’s Passport Office) confirming that the passport provided in fact belongs to you, you will be able to withdraw your significant profit via the same method and to the same payment details that were used for deposit in accordance with AML Policy.

We do realize how upset you are with how long it takes to verify your documents properly. On the other hand, as a result you’ll have a full set of documents for AML check. Unfortunately, our strict verification procedures have revealed certain violations from your side, in particular providing access to your account to the third party, who possibly may be a beneficiary of the funds on your account. We do not claim that you are not the rightful owner of those funds, however since we have discovered violation of AML rules, the decision has been made to terminate your account. We are not able to reliably ascertain all the circumstances of this relation to the third party, which is why we simply make a decision based on facts.

We are sorry that verification in accordance with AML policy and Terrorism Prevention Act may take such a long time and require all sorts of documents, then again, we did our best to do the job fast but thorough not violating the strict rules that regulate our activity.

We would appreciate it if you could publish your Trading Statement so that people could understand the amount of funds involved and the reason why this case is investigated with such precision. Besides, your trading success can motivate others to start a career in trading.

TO FBS

Whatever nationality I am is irrelevant. I am European. As long as I can prove who I am and place of residence. My country of residence is Sweden. I have valid Swedish IDs. WHERE I WAS BORN HAS NO RELEVANCE (Haven't lived in the UK in nearly 20 YEARS!). BUT I've also provided a valid UK passport.

NO. It is impossible for you to understand how I feel. I've been with FBS less than 1 year but in the past I have tried trading off and on unsuccessfully for about 9 years with other brokers. Last two years I decided to take it very seriously and i started really learning about the Forex market, I bought books, went to seminars and took classes. Spent a lot of money on education. I've been researching the market simultaneously and finally decided on a successful business plan to make money in the Forex market.

It can take years to catch the start of a new trend and that was what my whole system was aiming for. At the height of my success, FBS decided to ruin that by making wild and unsubstantiated accusations. For two months you rained abuse, accusations, undue stress and made me suffer throughout my trading - Infact you even disabled my account so I wouldn't be able to trade any more. Me worrying for two months about whether my broker is trying to scam me made me extremely ill. After all the accusations you made, I've proven EVERY ONE OF THEM FALSE. ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE OF THEM. You have now closed my trades …without me completing the business plan I made out... and you expect me to me HAPPY.
WHY WOULD I BE. I DID NOT BREAK ANY RULES. I WAS ONLY FOCUSED ON MY TRADING.

Even now, you are still making another wild accusation with no proof. This thing with someone having access to MY account is another COMPLETE AND UTTER FBS LIE!
You've accused me so far of terrorism, money laundering, identity theft, identity falsification and yet...Every single time i have provided you with what you wanted. How can i not think a company bears me malice WHEN IT COMPLAINS ABOUT THE COLOUR OF THE PEN I USED TO SIGN MY NEW PASSPORT, THEN ACCUSES HER (BRITISH)MAJESTY'S PASSPORT OFFICE OF ENGAGING IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES "PASSPORT WAS NOT ISSUED IN AN ORDERLY MANNER"- I QUOTE YOU AS SAYING!

And now this last pitiful claim from FBS that doesn't even make sense: that the devices i logged into belong to somebody else. No that is also a complete and utter LIE. The devices i used to log into my accounts are ALL MINE. I HAVE NEVER...EVER... GIVEN ACCESS OF MY ACCOUNTS TO ANYBODY AND NOBODY EXCEPT ME HAS EVER LOGGED INTO MY ACCOUNTS. I'VE ASKED FOR YOU TO SHOW PROOF of this and FBS has been COMPLETELY silent about it. TO REITERATE, NO I DID NOT VIOLATE ANY AML RULES! ABSOLUTELY NOT!
FYI: My mate ONLY uses his MOBILE TELEPHONE for trading Forex because he is not yet that serious about it! NO-ONE who is serious about Forex would trade the market from just a telephone! So you have completely made this up!

Also what does a small amount of money i receive from a friend have to do with FBS?! And somehow you missed the fact that I’ve have also given my mate money on occasion! If your compliance officer was thorough he would have noticed that the amounts balanced out in the end.
If i had something to hide, i would have given you statements from a different bank because i have other bank accounts! We are just VERY good mates not afraid to help each other out when needed. Period! No other explanation is NEEDED!
Also our work lives are very different and separate. He works as an elevator repair man almost 24/7! And I used to work as a computer scientist but now as a Forex Trader 24/7! Are you beginning to see the absurdity in your claims that he caused a violation in AML rules?! HIS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE FOREX MARKET is so bad as to be almost pitiful. So what would be the point of providing him access to my account... what so he can trade for me and blow my account!

So let's get this straight, FBS is officially saying that after piling accusations UPON ACCUSATIONS (money laundering, illegal access to another FBS client account, terrorism, identity theft, identity falsification) - ALL VERY SERIOUS CRIMES) my trades were finally closed because they believe i gave a friend my username and password (false)! (this was the last charge before you switched to... third party is "possibly" connected to funds deposited. I loaned him approx. 300 dollars which he paid back- That's the funds you are citing as reason for closing my account! - Unbelievable!)
Even if that were true, WHICH IT ISN'T, every sensible person reading this will realize that something is seriously wrong with you as a broker. You made to many mistakes, too many accusations, not a single shred of evidence, not even one word of apology when you've realized your mistakes. Instead to cover your arses you've now drummed up one final lie to just get rid of me. STOP WITH THE EXCUSES and show the proof of your latest accusation. Show me the earlier proof of access by someone else into my account!

Now the latest atrocity from FBS, they've asked me to provide a certified notarized copy of passport - apostille. Did it. Sent it. FBS gave some flimsy weird excuse and asked me to get this copy from the embassy. WHY? An apostille is an apostille. Whether it comes from the notary or embassy makes absolutely no difference.
But fine. I got exactly what they wanted from the embassy. My embassy officer read the email run-around FBS was giving me and included her contact details for FBS to ring with any questions they had regarding my passport. Did like FBS wanted, got the embassy to send what they wanted but was that enough? NO. They have now come up with asking me to sign a form so that some company outside the embassy can validate my passport???!!!

HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE. AN EMBASSY SHOULD HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON THE VALIDITY OF THE PASSPORT ISSUED! PERIOD!

So now i'm pretty certain when this outside company also verifies, FBS is going to come up with another excuse. Maybe they would say something weird like: that looks like an l should really be an i so verification failed. THAT IS MY GOD-TO-HONEST TRUTH experience of FBS. Knowing what i know now about FBS i would never have recommended myself to start trading with them. Even now you don't seem to get how much crap you put me through. How ill all these accusations made me. Traders are trying to focus on being profitable …but worrying also about broker screwing us over when we become profitable is just too much.

Lets call a spade a spade. The reason why my account has faced all this attention is because it became profitable. The reason why my orders weren't annulled and instead just closed off was because you couldn't find a valid reason to do otherwise. You disabled my trading so i wouldn't make even more profit than i had already. You initially thought if you just disabled and disrupted trading then my account would automatically blow up or at least i would be forced to ask you to close the trades when price move against me - i.e. make an emotional decision.
All i want right now is just to end my relationship with you, take my money and find a more reliable broker who will not try to fault me because i'm profitable.

Dear client,

To FBS (Formely known as POLTEX FX)

One more thing! With all the nonsense i've taken from FBS - time wasting - all the rudeness from support - no contact allowed with managers/supervisors - ALL YOUR LIES AND ACCUSATIONS, HOW DARE YOU ASK ME FOR A FAVOUR.

When (if ) you get around to giving me my money then you can in all clear conscience begin asking for favours, but NOT BEFORE. ALL I'VE DONE SO FAR IS WRITTEN ABOUT MY TRUE EXPERIENCE WITH FBS. Which hasn't yet ended amicably. And yes some of my conclusions will have to change when i do receive my money. But it is highly unlikely that all of my conclusions will ever change.
FBS! All it would have taken to sort this mess out and showed that you really were after your clients best interest was a single phone call by a manager or someone responsible from FBS, instead all it seems you've done is acted exactly like a SCAM BROKER would - trying to find something on me that would allow you to keep my profits, then making stuff up (friend accessing my account and more). AND NO, I STILL DON'T HAVE a full set of documents for AML check BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO RETURN THEM TO ME! EVEN THE ONES YOU SAID WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! SO STOP LYING, STOP GIVING OUT FALSE INFORMATION! REMEMBER A LOT OF THE STUFF YOU CLAIM CAN EITHER BE SUBSTANTIATED OR SHOWN TO BE FALSEHOODS BY THE EMAIL RECORDS WE BOTH HAVE BETWEEN US! THE NEXT TIME YOU MAKE A CLAIM BE IT IP RELATED OR WHATEVER...SHOW PROOF - I'M SAYING VERY CLEARLY, all the devices used to access my account I OWN! MY MATE TRADES HIS ACCOUNT FROM A MOBILE TELEPHONE! A MOBILE TELEPHONE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Dear client,

We would like to apologize once again for the fact that verification process in your case takes so much time due to objective reasons and we are sorry that it upsets you.

Please note, that you have a substantial amount of profit on your trading accounts, and it belongs to you. We do not accuse you of anything, we are trying to get things straight considering the facts from the documents you have provided. We have no means to conduct a thorough investigation nor to make any accusations. According to the laws regulating our activity we are obliged to trace the origin of the funds and your relations to the third parties if there are any.

We can not know for sure what kind of relations you have to the above mentioned third party. But the risk of disregarding the law is highly possible if we continue providing services to you. Therefore, while not bringing any accusations, the decision has been made to terminate your account and close all the orders at current market prices, which we had every right to do, taking into consideration all the facts presented in the documents provided.

Verifile company is accredited by HMPO (Her Majesty's Passport Office) and the request for your passport verification is sent directly to HMPO. That is, the conclusion is provided by the HMPO itself. Verifile simply submits a request to HMPO.

Certainly, it will take some time to receive an official response from HMPO. But we no longer intend to request additional documents.

Passport verification consent form was sent to you on July 25. Scanned copy of the filled in document was sent by you on July 31. Evidently, receiving documents from you even in electronic form takes quite a long time.

Summarizing the above:
1. We have received documents from you, considered the facts presented in those documents and made a decision to terminate your account. No accusations made, there’s no need for you to justify yourself. This is our internal decision.
2. All the original documents sent by you will be returned to you after notarizing the copies for our files.
3. The verification of your passport by the issuing authority is in order. We are expecting a verification consent form signed by you.
4. The closing balance including a substantial amount of profit on your trading account will be available for withdrawal via the same method and to the same payment details that were used for
deposit, after your passport is verified by HMPO (not Verifile).

Another evidence that brokers always pay money from their pockets to receive shiny prizes like "Best Broker", "Best Customer Support", "Best ECN" etc.
A person makes a deposit ( supposedly millions of USD ) and customer support or account manager cut the wire with the client in case of an issue.
In a situation like this, you should be in touch with the client every single day, FBS, explaining everything to the client by phone and email.
Moreover, you spend lots of resources on website design instead of functionality. Does the client have an option to check all IP addresses asking for permission to log in client's account(s)?

Another evidence that brokers always pay money from their pockets to receive shiny prizes like "Best Broker", "Best Customer Support", "Best ECN" etc.
A person makes a deposit ( supposedly millions of USD ) and customer support or account manager cut the wire with the client in case of an issue.
In a situation like this, you should be in touch with the client every single day, FBS, explaining everything to the client by phone and email.
Moreover, you spend lots of resources on website design instead of functionality. Does the client have an option to check all IP addresses asking for permission to log in client's account(s)?

Dear Sir!

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the service provided by FBS. Though, we would highly appreciate if you were a little bit more specific on the issue, so we could investigate and resolve it.

Regarding your claim about customer support, we would like to inform you, that FBS customer support is available 24/7 and you can request assistance via call-back, e-mail or chat. The fastest way to get help is via chat.

As for functionality, could you kindly specify which services exactly you would like us to improve?

Unfortunately, your claim regarding IP is not quite clear. Do you mean access protection via IP-filter?

If you mean access protection, we would like remind you that this function is optional and can be turned on only by the client himself/herself. In case you have difficulties with logging into your Personal Area due to IP restriction, please, kindly contact our customer support.

We hope for your kind understanding.

Back