Fibtree indicator

Hi Michael and thank you very much for your indicator. I really appreciate it!
Here is some thought. Like Venelin, i also think that it would be useful having an indicator with white trendlines (because people using black background with green chandlestick have change each time color parameters of the indicator (we can't ask you to share the mq4 source code, so we ask you to modify it ;-D)).
The second request is: can you please add a parameter (somethink like "auto update") for auto updating the maximum/minimum reached by the market? It shouldn't be difficult, the indicator would have only to check if the maximum/minimum of trendlines had been taken out by the market (using iHighest() and iLowest() ).
I also report you a couple of bugs: deleting a trendline (Fibo,xx) the indicator doesn't delete its fibo tree. Also removing the indicator, all the trendlines added by the indicator and the text don't disappear.
The last thing: adding fibnodes using the description of trendlines is quite inconvenient. In order to make the indicator easier to use, you might use as input text object or arrows, that require a single click to be set. (the indicator should recognize the last point (last in time axis) as focus number, and all the previous point as reaction points). Also, you might also use triangle object, which requires 3 clicks, (this would be useful for fibo retracement with 2 reaction points). I attach you two charts in order to explain me better.
Thank you for reading all these requests :D

Attachments

• triangle.gif
    triangle.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 332
  • text.gif
    text.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 262
Hi Michael and thank you very much for your indicator. I really appreciate it!
Here is some thought. Like Venelin, i also think that it would be useful having an indicator with white trendlines (because people using black background with green chandlestick have change each time color parameters of the indicator (we can't ask you to share the mq4 source code, so we ask you to modify it ;-D)).
I'm just not understanding the problem here, and I wont have access to Metatrader till tomorrow so maybe after I have tried a few things I'll be clearer on the issue.
I will make a couple of points though.
I won't be compiling multiple versions. If I did then I have to apply and test any changes to each version, and thats bound to lead to problems - as well as more work fpr me!
If the issue is that the indicator can't be made to display correctly on a black background then I'll fix that problem.
If the issue is that you need to change the settings after you attach the indicator to the chart, then thats not really a huge task. It only needs done once for each chart and anyone who is creating lots of charts probably has a template saved anyway.

The second request is: can you please add a parameter (somethink like "auto update") for auto updating the maximum/minimum reached by the market? It shouldn't be difficult, the indicator would have only to check if the maximum/minimum of trendlines had been taken out by the market (using iHighest() and iLowest() ).
I had considered this and I can tell you that it is a bit more complex than you might imagine. I decided not to do it because when I come to the charts after a period of time I need to assess all changes. Has the focus point moved? have any of the nodes been exceeded? And of course I want to see how the market behaved in respect of the previous analysis before changing anything.
By automating the 'peak' finding I would be less in tune with the chart as a whole.

I also report you a couple of bugs: deleting a trendline (Fibo,xx) the indicator doesn't delete its fibo tree.
Correct. The instructions explain that.
Also removing the indicator, all the trendlines added by the indicator and the text don't disappear.
I hadn't considered that. I'll look to see if I can find a way to make that happen.
The last thing: adding fibnodes using the description of trendlines is quite inconvenient. In order to make the indicator easier to use, you might use as input text object or arrows, that require a single click to be set. (the indicator should recognize the last point (last in time axis) as focus number, and all the previous point as reaction points). Also, you might also use triangle object, which requires 3 clicks, (this would be useful for fibo retracement with 2 reaction points). I attach you two charts in order to explain me better.
Thank you for reading all these requests :D
This started as a personal project and the method suits me fine. I can see some merit in the text object idea and will consider that for the future.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Michael

If the issue is that you need to change the settings after you attach the indicator to the chart, then thats not really a huge task. It only needs done once for each chart and anyone who is creating lots of charts probably has a template saved anyway.

This seems to be the case so I'll consider this issue closed unless someone tells me I'm missing something...

Michael

I had set any color line because my default chart backgound is black,, but no line appear in my chart...
Have you changed the settings for the lines as explained in the instructions?

Line_Base The colour of the 100% line and the joining bar
Line_.382 The colour of the 0.382 fib retracement line and labels
Line_.618 The colour of the 0.618 fib retracement line and labels
Background Used for hiding the trend line, set this to the background colour of your charts

Have you changed the settings for the lines as explained in the instructions?

Line_Base The colour of the 100% line and the joining bar
Line_.382 The colour of the 0.382 fib retracement line and labels
Line_.618 The colour of the 0.618 fib retracement line and labels
Background Used for hiding the trend line, set this to the background colour of your charts

that I mean. I'd try to those files both (zipped n non) but still no result. Im using insta mt4.. :confused:

Back