• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem FinTelegram is a huge (very clever) SCAM.

I am having an issue with a company

AsiaDev

Private
The website FinTelegram.news is claiming to be a journalistic fud recovery service but it could not be further from the truth. They have even duped many FPA members and are running another dangerous recovery room scam.

I paid them several hundred Euros for their "European Fund Recovery Institute" service:
www.efri.io

They claim to be a real news source at FinTelegram, and EFRI claims to be a quasi Government/Legal service. Neither are true.

They use SEO to catch suckers like me who have been scammed and then try to take more money for them. All they do once you've paid them is send a letter to the brokerage/scam site... that's it. They have recovered NO direct funds for anyone. Just ask them. They have tried to take credit for some law enforcement actions that have NOTHING to do with them.

Moreover, I found very disturbing details about the owners here:

https://finleaks.com/2019/07/30/fintelegram-mean-clean-vendetta-machine/
https://finleaks.com/2019/08/13/efri-things-wrong/

Werner Boehm, Elfriede Sixt, and these "journalists" are 100% fake conmen.

I was dumb to trust them... The FPA services are FREE and in my opinion BETTER than what FinTelegram / European Fund RecoveryInstitute does for many hundreds of Euros.

They are not attorneys, law enforcement, or have any ability to help you get funds back that you couldn't find on this forum for free... Don't be fooled by these scammers.

Of course they are. Another "recovery room" that has no legal ability whatsoever to collect assets from various offshore entities, etc.

Most brokerages have offshore ownership and a group like EFRI claiming to have access to their assets to get your funds back is 100% a lie.

They are likely making money from advertising and their fees and just post lengthy articles to make it look like they are doing lots of research.

They even attack licensed payment providers that facilitate transactions for any offshore company and label them a scam too while "Doxing" their owners. Quite a weak move that accomplishes nothing.

The website FinTelegram.news is claiming to be a journalistic fud recovery service but it could not be further from the truth. They have even duped many FPA members and are running another dangerous recovery room scam.

I paid them several hundred Euros for their "European Fund Recovery Institute" service:
www.efri.io

They claim to be a real news source at FinTelegram, and EFRI claims to be a quasi Government/Legal service. Neither are true.

They use SEO to catch suckers like me who have been scammed and then try to take more money for them. All they do once you've paid them is send a letter to the brokerage/scam site... that's it. They have recovered NO direct funds for anyone. Just ask them. They have tried to take credit for some law enforcement actions that have NOTHING to do with them.

I was dumb to trust them... The FPA services are FREE and in my opinion BETTER than what FinTelegram / European Fund RecoveryInstitute does for many hundreds of Euros.

They are not attorneys, law enforcement, or have any ability to help you get funds back that you couldn't find on this forum for free... Don't be fooled by these scammers.
Can you share all evidence you have against them?

I am a victim of the PrestigeFM/Swiss/First Capital scam brands. I am appalled by the Recovery scam industry profiting from human misery, which is allowed to evade the legal repercussions because the institutions which ought to protect us are not up to scratch/too involved in receiving the fat paychecks themselves. EFRI puts pressure on those institutions to bring the perpetrators to justice and recover lossess for their victims.

It is not some random company using fake names, addresses, telephone numbers in some offshore tax heaven, like ScamRecovery brands do. Most of those have officially been exposed by financial regulators as unsafe. This is not to say we should not do our due dilligence in researching even EFRI.

For now, have a look at this open threat from an anonymous person who calls himself the 'Machine' to FinTel. Curiously, it was sent before the FinLeaks allegations were published. Funny, that :)
There are further links to more info about EFRI and their campaigns below. They charge €75 per claim. I will do some more research and return here to share my insights. Until then, please read the following letter:

Stop EFRI threat

A #StopEFRI Threat from Payment Services Providers and the announcement of public actions
BY TAMIR ON AUGUST 2, 2019
Last updated on August 6, 2019

Tonight another threat has been sent to the various email addresses of FinTelegram and EFRI and to the persons behind them. Through the encrypted email service Protonmail, a group of allegedly “honest” payment services providers has criticized EFRI and FinTelegram for taking action against the industry. Apparently, the writer is German-speaking. At least that is what we assume from the wording and idioms in the email.
Calling out perpetrators is disgusting
The sender of the email calls himself ‘Machine‘. The worst thing about FinTelegram and EFRI would be that names and details of the fraudsters would be mentioned publicly, the Machine argues. That would be disgusting and would only be done to get money from the victims of the scammers. This would drive the honest operators of (illegal) payment services to despair. If EFRI does not stop this immediately, a comprehensive report would also be published by them. It would also contain details and put the people of FinTelegram and EFRI in the public spotlight.
Murdered journalists
The email includes a direct reference to the murder of investigative journalists by sick and dangerous people. This is the third homicide threat we have received in the last 12 months.
Are you aware that people have been murdered before for being falsely accused of being a scammer? Even journalists have been hurt before by sick, dangerous people..
Machine explains the danger for critical journalist
The email contained some pictures (see below) that were apparently taken over several days. The Machine mentions surveillance over a couple of days. Both the operator of EFRI and the editor of FinTelegram were followed and pictured on various occasions. The son of the EFRI operator was also captured in the photo.
Over the last month or two, our team has taken an ethical approach to fully evaluating your website, business, personal, and other activities. Our team of men has surveillance both of you carefully.
Machine explains the EFRI and FinTelegram surveillance
EFRI Campaigns against illegal payment services providers
Obviously, the Machine and his partners were directly affected by one of the EFRI Fund Recovery campaigns. In recent weeks, EFRI has turned to some of the payment service providers who have supported Broker Scams with their services. Companies such as B2G or Moorwand have facilitated broker scams with their services in defrauding retail investors and money laundering.
Alternatives: delete information or be punished
At the end of the email, the Machine offers an alternative to avoid public actions against EFRI, FinTelegram and its people. FinTelegram has to take the details about the illegal PSPs and the persons acting offline. Else, they themselves would publish a report about us with the very same disgusting details.
If you would like to instead operate an honest business and remove ALL personal information associated with the website, let us know. These good people will no longer tolerate this type of aggressive internet marketing tactics to make money from actual scam victims.
Machine explains how to avoid actions against EFRI and FinTelegram
So, dear Machine, we are open for any contact, any information and any discussion. But please no threats. So many bad things have been said about FinTelegram, EFRI and their people already. Why should we fear more nonsense?
If you, dear Machine, have cooperated with scammers, disclose that and support us and the authorities to get these scammers. This is in the interest of the defrauded retail investors and the financial market. Maybe you were cheated by these scammers too. That may well be. Then disclose that and we will take joint action against these scammers. In any case, from our point of view, all necessary activities must be undertaken to put a stop to these excessive CyberScam activities.
Stop EFRI threat

Stop EFRI pictures taken by perpetrators

Stop EFRI threat

Published in EFRI

www.efri.io

AsiaDev I wonder if you could give some evidence about what EFRI had promised you and what they actually delivered? I note that you praised Winchargeback in your previous post. From the names of officers involved then, I am sure they are now called Mychargeback. I wonder why did you choose EFRI if you had good experience with Winchargeback? Or you went to them after EFRI? Please do let us know to shed light on the situation. Thanks!

We're gonna have to step in here, regarding Fintelegram issue. Not because we have any affiliation of what so ever to them, or know them, but because of quality of their news posts in the past 2 years. We often use that free info, as anyone should as it is informative. That amount of info is hardly anywhere found, as it is case-specific and well connects to bring the bigger picture. Sure, probably they make mistakes, but so does everyone else. Pretty sure lots of mistakes on FPa as well, unintentional ones. When you have community and large quantity of info, it tends to happen.
It is also probably true that they do not have any successful recovery (at least we have not heard of them) and try to make it a business, but again, so do others. While others usually end up to be a fraud and just take a fee and vanish, these guys stick around. And at least one case of scammer's arrest is clearly linked to their information, without a dispute.
From Efri website one can see that an fee is taken for representation. Ok, so? It's lousy 75 eur. Whoever is not happy, revoke PoA and ask for money back. If that doesn't happen, then make a statement here.
As for PSP targeting, they are completely right. Weather anyone likes it or not. A ''poor'' PSP company trying to make a living in this cruel and hard-to-live world is not guilty for not doing its mandatory KYC/AML check of the merchant properly? Are you for real?? Think B2G, Wirecard, Praxis, MonetaUAB/Payobin, VoguePay, VLoad, etc etc etc ... an HONEST PSP does not enter into agreement with scam merchant or if he does, once detected, immediately halts, cuts ties and reports to regulator, while freezing funds. No, PSPs are way too greedy for commissions so the do not care as long as they get the money. Kind of like bucket shop b-book broker within some exotic&lax jurisdiction. Same mentality. Not even speaking of unregulated ones...

They are slow, though. Way too slow, some say. But it obviously goes in line with how they do things, a systematic approach, class-action alike. Apparently they don't get into one-on-one deals with scammers. Maybe that is wise, maybe not, time will tell. As for the legislative part, looks like they have lawyers, as stated on their web page.

But to call them a scam is just not fair.

But hey, you know what - if anyone's got any sound proof to back the scam verdict, let's have it here.

Most brokerages have offshore ownership and a group like EFRI claiming to have access to their assets to get your funds back is 100% a lie.

They are likely making money from advertising and their fees and just post lengthy articles to make it look like they are doing lots of research.
Where did they claim that? Pls post link.
We don't see any advertisements on their websites? Which ones, who do they advertise?

this posting is a blatant lie. We do not ask for bigger payment than € 75,-.! Patrick Lim, who did this posting, was victimized by Israeli fraudsters and tried to use his participation with EFRI to put pressure on the fraudsters to pay him more than 20% of his deposit. I learned this by talking to his lawyer. When I told Patrick Lim that this is not fair because there are other victims who also want to get their money back, he just told me to care about other "fraudsters" and to leave it to him. I threw him out.

Back