• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem FinTelegram is a huge (very clever) SCAM.

I am having an issue with a company
Banks as PSP's are been fined and held accountable, just saw RBS Uk (again) 40m fine helping carbon fraudsters…

In solidum….. take the money where it is….and they can settle between them

B

About 74% of the stolen money went to service providers of the fraudsters like advertising, technology provider (Tradologic, PandaTS), payment service providers, boiler rooms, the remaining part went to the beneficial owners to accounts in Hongkong, British Virgin Islands, Isle of Man.. this 70/30 or 60/40 proportion applies to most of these kind of frauds, we learned by now,
That will be complicated to recover...

I am a victim of the PrestigeFM/Swiss/First Capital scam brands. I am appalled by the Recovery scam industry profiting from human misery, which is allowed to evade the legal repercussions because the institutions which ought to protect us are not up to scratch/too involved in receiving the fat paychecks themselves. EFRI puts pressure on those institutions to bring the perpetrators to justice and recover lossess for their victims.

It is not some random company using fake names, addresses, telephone numbers in some offshore tax heaven, like ScamRecovery brands do. Most of those have officially been exposed by financial regulators as unsafe. This is not to say we should not do our due dilligence in researching even EFRI.

For now, have a look at this open threat from an anonymous person who calls himself the 'Machine' to FinTel. Curiously, it was sent before the FinLeaks allegations were published. Funny, that :)
There are further links to more info about EFRI and their campaigns below. They charge €75 per claim. I will do some more research and return here to share my insights. Until then, please read the following letter:

Stop EFRI threat

A #StopEFRI Threat from Payment Services Providers and the announcement of public actions
BY TAMIR ON AUGUST 2, 2019
Last updated on August 6, 2019

Tonight another threat has been sent to the various email addresses of FinTelegram and EFRI and to the persons behind them. Through the encrypted email service Protonmail, a group of allegedly “honest” payment services providers has criticized EFRI and FinTelegram for taking action against the industry. Apparently, the writer is German-speaking. At least that is what we assume from the wording and idioms in the email.
Calling out perpetrators is disgusting
The sender of the email calls himself ‘Machine‘. The worst thing about FinTelegram and EFRI would be that names and details of the fraudsters would be mentioned publicly, the Machine argues. That would be disgusting and would only be done to get money from the victims of the scammers. This would drive the honest operators of (illegal) payment services to despair. If EFRI does not stop this immediately, a comprehensive report would also be published by them. It would also contain details and put the people of FinTelegram and EFRI in the public spotlight.
Murdered journalists
The email includes a direct reference to the murder of investigative journalists by sick and dangerous people. This is the third homicide threat we have received in the last 12 months.

The email contained some pictures (see below) that were apparently taken over several days. The Machine mentions surveillance over a couple of days. Both the operator of EFRI and the editor of FinTelegram were followed and pictured on various occasions. The son of the EFRI operator was also captured in the photo.

EFRI Campaigns against illegal payment services providers
Obviously, the Machine and his partners were directly affected by one of the EFRI Fund Recovery campaigns. In recent weeks, EFRI has turned to some of the payment service providers who have supported Broker Scams with their services. Companies such as B2G or Moorwand have facilitated broker scams with their services in defrauding retail investors and money laundering.
Alternatives: delete information or be punished
At the end of the email, the Machine offers an alternative to avoid public actions against EFRI, FinTelegram and its people. FinTelegram has to take the details about the illegal PSPs and the persons acting offline. Else, they themselves would publish a report about us with the very same disgusting details.

So, dear Machine, we are open for any contact, any information and any discussion. But please no threats. So many bad things have been said about FinTelegram, EFRI and their people already. Why should we fear more nonsense?
If you, dear Machine, have cooperated with scammers, disclose that and support us and the authorities to get these scammers. This is in the interest of the defrauded retail investors and the financial market. Maybe you were cheated by these scammers too. That may well be. Then disclose that and we will take joint action against these scammers. In any case, from our point of view, all necessary activities must be undertaken to put a stop to these excessive CyberScam activities.
Stop EFRI threat

Stop EFRI pictures taken by perpetrators

Stop EFRI threat

Published in EFRI

Holy shmoly this is CRAZY! :eek:
I can't believe what I've just read! Are they facing any consequences for this?

But things are changing. In Germany more than 20 prosecutors work on different scams, we also know about some Europol investigations against the big scams. And we have the first trial in Europe (Vienna Cybercrime trials) against such a scammer (#GAL BARAK) going on right now.

But things are changing. In Germany more than 20 prosecutors work on different scams, we also know about some Europol investigations against the big scams. And we have the first trial in Europe (Vienna Cybercrime trials) against such a scammer (#GAL BARAK) going on right now.
Definitely! If Barak case goes well and Europol has more authority (and speed!) to tackle scams that target EU citizens, this year and the next one shall be a very bad one for scammers in general.
Just look at this small example here, with this Prestige.fm scam- same guys that ripped off many people for a lot of money keep working normally for years.
Tomorrow they will go to work, close a few FTD sales for 250 usd, get their 15-20 usd bonus per FTD, pass on to 'colleagues' in retention and few weeks later, one of the unfortunate ones will start putting in 5,10,15 or 25k eur on 'trade account'. Two months later at best, the money will be 'lost because the market went against him'. Then recovery guys will take over for additional 5 or 10k untill there is no more money.
And it happens every single day, every single week, every single month for years. Everybody know who they are now and nobody is doing anything about it.
EU incompetent overpaid bureaucrats should have some lessons from their US colleagues.

Barak is done. No matter what he does or who he pays. Perhaps Efri should tackle the money origin for the amounts paid to Barak lawyers. If Barak looses and is convicted, lawyers practically admit taking stolen money.
Pretty sure that's illegal...

The stolen money had been blessed by some Rabbi, so now the 400k are clean

When did the holy guy arrive into the hands of Austrian Justice, considering the covid slow down, summer holy days and he is to be sentenced in September, think we miss something here….considering he is to be an international crime boss , looks more like a cretin to me

..what about just Investbank are they going to be indicted or never

Back