Floods Devastation in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheraz572

Sergeant
Hi All. As we have seen in the news that over 20 million people have lost their homes due to the most deadly floods in Pakistan which have wiped off one third of the country`s land, I think we all should donate some amount to the victims through Red Cross or some other authentic organization so the starving people can get at least some food & water. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you can, post some links to reliable charity organizations involved in flood relief for Pakistan.

I have surveyed the progress made by organizations in Pakistan. I have figured out that IKFRF is doing more work as compared to all other organizations in Pakistan at the moment. They have received around $16.5 million dollars in donations in the past couple of weeks due to their fast relief efforts and the top accountability company of Pakistan (Fergusson) auditing them. Also they have a huge number of students, doctors and others volunteering them in Pakistan to provide aid to the flood affected areas.

The link is below:

Donate « Imran Khan Foundation

The uncommentable picture. The amazing thing is that these people are still smiling & full of hope.

Humanity

Alltough it is truly important that humans help each other (and i donated as well) i am never sure that the help really comes to the people who need it.

Corruption is in Pakistan a big problem.

That's where this and related charity threads comes in - a way to get recommendations from other FPA members for charities that will put the money where it's needed. The Red Cross may waste a little on bureaucracy (hard not to do with such a big organization), but the bulk of the money gets where it should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back