Forex as the main vehicle for making money?

hectictone

Recruit
I realize a lot of experienced traders have high-end trading systems which can hold multiple charts and such. Before coming to the land of forex I traded options and even stocks at times. I've been strictly trading forex for the past 3 years (many highs and even more lows experienced)...do any of you guys use other investment vehicles besides forex to trade or would you consider that being greedy and/or tedious. My trading cpu is pretty basic and gets the job done but if I do decide to dabble back into calls and puts do you guys have any suggestions? (If is a big 'if'...options trading went downhill last time I did it)

Forex is obviously more profitable than options and stocks, if Forex is is working for you, stick to it!

I wouldn't say any one form of trading is obviously more profitable than any other. All forms of trading have successful trades and many more unsuccessful traders. Trade whatever works for you.

In Forex Military School, Sive recommends considering moving into regulated, exchange-traded currency options (NOT binary options) for those who are trading larger sums of money. You lose some leverage doing this, but when you have really big amounts of cash on the table, playing with hundreds or thousands to one is a very risky idea. The benefit is that by trading on a regulated exchange, you avoid quite a bit of "broker risk" that all retail forex traders should be worried about.

i am doing enough with forex, and right now i am not thinking on other options for investment.....

It is more safe to invest money in stock market, but you feel the profit only with investments over 20-30K$

And I suppose time plays a factor; different levels of patience will be required for different kinds of markets.

I personally don't think of it like this. I prefer to invest small amounts, often. At the same time, I make several different investments to be sure that at least some of them go right and if I loose something, it's never an huge amount.

I had never traded "out of" forex. And forex is a very convenient way to earn some money. So, as for me, only forex.

Yeah truly appreciate your lines "forex is the main vehicle for making money" not any other work or business making money like forex. In this you must only knows some tricks about trading. When you earn money you really enjoyed it.

Back