• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-auto-trader.com

General discussions of a financial company
I habe found that if you have too large a stop loss youlose big when you lose and if you don't have a large enought stop loss you lose more often. In any event I will make money some times and then lose it all back. What are the approreate stop losses when using 5k

RLR

No such thing. An appropriate stop depends on where you dont want to go. Stops that are larger than the wins work fine if you dont lose often, whereas stops that are small work well if your wins are consistantly larger. This is all a question of style. There is no such thing as an appropriate stop for using 5K.

Try concentrating on risk allowances and trading styles, timeframes, etc. Once you figure out what style of trading you prefer and the associated risks then you will have a better idea of the appropriate stops.

I think an Automated Forex Trading System gives an opportunity for anyone to trade at currency market. The profitable trading can be reached by using the automated forex trading system. It's a way out for those who haven't got much possibility to spend lots of time first learning the forex trade system and then carrying out trading.

Right... Where's your affiliate link. Nothing like trying to beat a few dollars out of a dead horse. Where's your proof, or at least some data to support your claim that this system works any better than it did before. This system has always produced greater than 50% losses, raising the stop didnt help it at all, it only increased the amount lost. However, when it used to run a 35 pip stop it did make a profit in backtesting, but only in backtesting, and the stop is not user adjustable.

As far as the amount of time it takes to learn and carry out trading, this is not always true. I personaly made a lot more money when I was working a full time job, reading a few newsletters, and trading their stock picks on an end of day basis. The problem here is not that the trading NEEDS to take so much time and effort, its that this market tends to stear towards short term day trading, which can be very profitable for those who are good at it, but does not generally play out that way for the majority.

Relying on a trading robot, or any purely mechanical system, is not much better. Even the best of them are prone to large blowups, and great difficulties in certain market environments. The only way to compensate for this is to have a good understanding of the trading principles they run on yourself, and even then its often a futile effort.

Trading a mechanical system requires a good understanding of that system, and trading systems in general, and the discetion to know when to use it and when not to. This may seem like an easy proccess, and maybe it is for some, but generally its a lot easier to latch onto a longer term trend and ride it untill it shows signs of reversing.

Last edited:
Back