• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Forex Avenger is it any good

Gert v Bruggen

Private, 1st Class
Hi there all this is my first post here
i am a bit new in the Forex world but already have some experiens on trading indexes with CFD's
i am using a broker in the Benelux WHSelfinvest and so far i am happy with this broker

the program i use is Prostation u can trade with CFD's on al kinds of funds and indexes and u can also trade on the Forex
u can trade on mini 10000 and normal contracts 100000
but as i say i am stil a newbee in the forex trading so i was looking on the net for some good strategy
and i came across Forex Avenger but to be honst i am a bit sceptic
if i google forex avenger i only get reviews who are perfect nothing to complain it sounds to good to be true

so thats why i ask if some people here have experiense with Forex Avenger

Sorry for my bad english my natieve language is dutch

Greets

Gert

Forex Avenger looks like another EA flavor of the month. There's a ton of advertising, and then once enough people figure out that it isn't worth it, the marketers will already be selling something else.

For ANY new EA, I'd recommend waiting at least 3 to 4 months. This will let some reviews accumulate so you can get some minimal information about whether it is a total ripoff or if it might be worth investigating.

oke thx for your info i wil wait for more info about this Trading system
i got thise info about Forex Advenge from a daily mailing from Mark McRae
do u know if his mailings ?
And are they reliable i got a few mails from his mailing list every week and sometimes it looks useful and sometimes it looks to good to be true

Greets

Gert

Mark McRae lives on commission, he sells everything that is invented. A few years back he did give away a lot of very good solid basic information and a few trading systems which will still work if you have the discipline to stick to the rules.

Pharaoh gave good advice, wait and see, it may get reviewed on this site.

BTW Gert, Do not apologise for your English, almost everybody in the Nederland speaks good English, French, German and Flemmish. Many also speak Italian and Spannish , whereas I am ashamed to say that most English people speak only English. Do you live anywhere near Eindhoven? If so is the Evolouon still there? (I used to visit it every time I could 30 years ago when I worked for Philips.)

Thx for the advice most information i get from Mark McRae is not really usefull but sometimes there is some information i can use and bit by bit i get what i need i hope :)

if any of u have some link to some good trading systems if possible for free then i would appriciate that :)

the system i mostly use what i did learn from a book from a french men
named Pascal Monmoine is about a breakout system but it was written for the stock marked in 1998 so it is a bit old now but lots of things is stil usefull i use it for trading CFD's and the Forex
but the dificult thing is the discipline and to stay strikt by your rules
so thats why i look for a system half automated maybe, so when u place a order u could walk away and have some proffit or not
i also use candlestick formations but i have difficulties deciding what timeframe i use as chart so any info for that would be usefull also
right now i am testing some automated robot script in a 3 min chart

here is the code

strategy sample_ema3;
input period1 = 1, period2 = 5, lots = 100000;
vars ma1(series), ma2(series);
begin
ma1 := ema(close, period1);
ma2 := ema(open, period2);
if crossup (ma1, ma2) then buy(lots);
if crossup (ma1, ma2) then buy(lots);
if crossdown(ma1, ma2) then sell(lots);
if crossdown(ma1, ma2) then sell(lots);
end.

it works but needs some finetuning
it uses the Exponential moving Average i use now EMA1 at 1 and EMA2 at setting 5 on a 3 min chart as soon as the EMA's cross each other then at the next candle the system automaticly places 2 orders
so if u start this script u sould already have 1 order running and wait for a reverse
for example EUR/USD u have 1 order long the next EMA crossing, the marked is going short the 1 order wil be sold and right away a new short order is placed and by the next EMA crossing the same wil happen
the script could also be used for other indicators so if any of u have some better scripts please le me know

Greets

Gert

BTW i live in a place called Gouda ( cheese town hehe )
but sometimes i go to Eindhoven i have some friends there
i have been in the Evolution 1 time when i was a little kid so cant remember much about it
But the Flying saucher lookalike bulding is still there

I know very little about EAs but looking at your code:

It looks like your method is a simple cross of two short MAs. I recall one of the well known methods which Mark gave away which used 3 MA pairs at short , medium and long periods.

He also sold a breakout method which depended on the level of an Fx pair say GBPUSD being fairly flat for the first 30 minutes after opening but then moving a little in one direction before a much larger counter swing in the other direction. The good point of this was that you could set it up with stops to trigger on the reverse of the first move and then close at 30-50 pips profit, automatically. The bad part was that you had to be up early in the morning to check the previous level and the movement before London opened.

You have of course worked through all the Babypips course I hope. If not then you must.
After that email me for the free stuff from Mark.

Please make sure you also study Elliott waves and socionomics.

Eindhoven has some very distinct memories for me, as I am an engineer, the Evoluon was fascinating, a science museum with many interactive demonstrations, all on one long spiral path that wound from the top of the flying saucer, to the bottom. Evoluon Eindhoven history
More dramatic was the airport which was a military one. The NLM Fokker Friendship was about 1 metre too wide in wingspan to take off in a straight line and so it had to swerve around the hedge on the left at full power about half way down the runway.
Gouda is excellent cheese but expensive in the UK, I hope you can get it a bit cheaper locally.

Last edited:
Forex Avenger looks like another EA flavor of the month. There's a ton of advertising, and then once enough people figure out that it isn't worth it, the marketers will already be selling something else.

For ANY new EA, I'd recommend waiting at least 3 to 4 months. This will let some reviews accumulate so you can get some minimal information about whether it is a total ripoff or if it might be worth investigating.

Hi Pharaoh. Forex Avenger is not an EA. It is simply a mechanical trading system. It consists of a bunch of videos and a pdf document.

Ooops - wrong product type, but I'll stick by the basics of the advice I gave.

Since the bulk of such products (EAs, Trading Systems, PDF's full of "Trading Secrets") aren't going to make you rich overnight, sit back, relax, and let someone else test them out for a few months. If you REALLY want to pick one to test, that's fine, but don't be drawn in by the hype and risk any significant amount of cash.

wel the Forex Advenger is not to expencive around 78 Euro
that was one of the things that made it interesting to look at and the video they show did show some interesting things

but when i did look for Reviews every site was only positive and nowhere to find any comments about it
that is why i not really trust it
so for now i just wait and look if there are some independent reviews about that system

Greets

Gert

PS sorry for the late replay i am in school right now :)
Babypips is very cool to read

Online reviews

Hi everyone.
I totally agree with Gert. The reviews you read from, say, Google search are – generally - no longer reliable. A couple of years ago, you could enter a program’s name and the word review or scam, to find out what people really had to say about a product. Nowadays every affiliate and his/her brother/sister are using these exact keywords (like review, honest review, scam, etc.) with the sole purpose of pushing their product. They don’t care about the product itself. :confused:
... In the process they’ve destroyed Google’s reputation – in my view – of finding what you’re looking for. This is why I just joined FPA today. I'm looking forward to finding a lot of things in one place here.;)

Back