Forex Basics: Moving Average

jeromebr2

Recruit
The moving average is a technique used to analyze time series data - such as the moving average of a currency pair. It is considered by many to be a significant technical trading indicator. By referring to the moving average traders can learn about the timing during which a currency peaks and troughs. You can get more forex trading education tips at ForexFace.com.

Keyword Goldmine Articles

That website is one great example of a disturbing trend for forex and really all Niche interests. When you go there you will find all sorts of interesting titles for articles where it seems these experts have all gotten together to help educate us.

Unfortunately when you arrive at the page of the articles you find a bunch of poorly formed sentences that seem to be designed more for Google Adsense income generation for the site owner and self promotion for the article author. The reason the sentences are constructed the way they are is to JAM as many KEYWORDS into the article as possible to maximize hits from organic search engine results.

Left way back in the dust are the interests or needs of the target audience. This is so plain any newbie would be insulted. These articles are provided as content by linking in to content providing RSS feeds.

This is a wonderful technology. The whole thing is. The content crossreferencing similar to the way the FPA Trader's Glossary works and expert's (grain of salt please) information being able to be brought right into a related location to what I have just typed into google and all that.

I am the first to recognize marketing for what it is and know this is what makes the world go 'round. However it is just very disturbing when a newbie would probably know more before they arrived than the expert that was writing the article. Or at least that is the result. The experts probably do know something they could put together in a useful article but instead concentrate on creating Keyword Goldmines which are 4 paragraph useless snippets.

Cheers,
Cyclon

Last edited:
A good example

Found a good example of what I was ranting about. In the interest of full disclosure this was in my email because I use this company's software for certain tasks (but they are not my marketing tasks). I am not above marketing at all.

Here is a site where you will get a real good idea about what is used and how you are targeted. Really there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of it. The quality of the offerings which will end up on the websites which employ these tools is soley dependant on the interest at the heart of what motivates the promoter and author. Like anything else - some good some not.

The danger can be for the newbie in forex because the prevailing wisdom (and I have been guilty of this myself) is to just go and say to the noob, "Go on over and learn yourself up at babypips". I have seen blundering calls like anyone will make in giving forecasts from time to time on babypips' front page. They are no more prepared to know the forecast than anyone in the current condition of technical analysis.

I also have talked to noobs after sending them off to edumacate themselves and they came out no better, it was clear. They usually suffer from a common condition - they don't know what they don't know. So they aren't prepared to know what is good for them or bad. The babaypips site may give good reference information as will FPA but it exists as a marketing funnel, let's face it. And the marketing to forex folk is on a slant that turns downward a bit more every day. Not in marketing saavy, but in content - on the whole that is, and in my not so humble opinion (grain of salt there too).

Don't be so hasty to always send someone off to the Forex U. when what they may really need desperately is the Forex in YOU. That expertise recognizes what the noob needs by the question asked and can filter the answer through the experience.

Here is the ammo dump with which I have no financial tie or affilliation for profit:
http : // www. niche-gold-club dot-com

Cheers,
Cyclon

Back