1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

forex.com concerns

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by londonbridge, Apr 3, 2009.

  1. Cesil

    Cesil Private, 1st Class

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2009
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    0
    Don't give up. IMHO, Just get in and start trading live, even if its just a small account. You'll learn far more in a week of this than months of watching the markets, back-testing & reading books. No doubt someone will correct me here but to my mind trading is 90% battling with yourself to maintain the discipline to stick to the strategy you've developed with the other 10%. Fighting this battle is, unfortunately, something you can only really do in a live environment with real money on the line!! :(
     
  2. londonbridge

    londonbridge Recruit

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2009
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    True, but isn't it a good idea to practice a bit in a risk free environment first? I mean, I understand how the discipline is a very big factor here, but what use is all that discipline if I don't have a firm grasp of the fundamentals?
     
  3. ernest8fingers

    ernest8fingers Master Sergeant

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Messages:
    488
    Likes Received:
    8
    Of course it is!

    Test the waters BEFORE jumping in! You should at least be familiar with the Basics.Forex Lingo/Basic Charting/ect-ect. My most valuable education came right after I lost my $6000 trading (I stopped trading and just watched those charts for about 8 months trying to discover patterns) It worked! Start small.
     
  4. Reverend Ken

    Reverend Ken Recruit

    Joined:
    May 16, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Forex.com is a bucket shop

    I used to have accounts with forex.com. On the demo I could make money left and right, but once I opened my accounts with them the spreads changed drastically along with the slippage. I also noticed the peaks on the demo chart were NOT the same as the peaks on the Live account chart. both charts are complimentary and forex will say thats not their issue they are a private vendor. But what are they going to say? We fudge the numbers so we can take your profit opportunity away? Being registered with the NFA and the CFTC means NOTHING when it comes to shady tactics. These 2 organizations take complaints, but I was told flat out there is nothing they can do about it.

    Also this site itself has a blacklist, I don't put too much stock into websites which review places which advertise with them. I see a huge FXCM ad right now. Do you think this site will EVER have a bad review of fxcm while advertising here? I think not.

    STAY AWAY from forex.com

    I use MB trading because of the stp/ecn, but lately I have been noticing spikes which do not occur on other charts except theirs, which to me = stop hunting. I don't use stops while trading with MBTrading anymore.

    I was initially ok with mbtrading, but their rules have changed significantly in the past few months causing me to seek out another broker. I have not changed yet but hope to in the near future.

    Scammers want you to TRUST them, people who have no desire to scam you do not care one way or another.

    STAY AWAY FROM FOREX.COM
     

Share This Page