1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forex.com

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by ForexGump, Feb 17, 2008.

1. ForexGump

ForexGump Recruit

I hale from Shawnee, Ks. and assume my duties as a new recruit in this honorable Platoon... :)
    My rank and honor has been depleted... I believe by a new enemy of state "Gain Capitol" otherwise known as "Forex.com" :mad: They have shelled my stops with panzer tanks(m180's) only to retreat just after total depletion of my open position.
    I'm hoping to flank there positions and reap the harvest with news and tech support from this new and most honarable "Forex Peace Army":)
    I will Take Point, ForexGump

2. StandingCow

StandingCow Recruit

So what the hell is up with this? Can I not trust forex.com as my broker?

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Rule #1. NEVER TRUST ANY BROKER

Even the best of brokers can go bad. A lot of people loved Refco, and it went down taking a lot of money with it. Other brokerages that have been good have turned bad.

So, even if you completely trust Forex.com, watch your statements like a hawk. If you get a stoploss hit, go back and check the charts with both your live account and a demo account and make sure the data matches. Also, if it looks like a spike got you, check data from other brokers to see if this is something unique to your broker or if there was a real event.

You will legitimately get stopped out sometimes. Sadly, the reality is that some brokers will manipulate their live feed to nail stops of clients. Some of them even have the ability to manipulate feed for individual accounts, so that 2 different clients will have different data on their charts. On the other hand, people who set stops too close will get stopped out frequently, even by very honest brokers.

When you read reviews (here and elsewhere), take the best and worst ones with a grain of salt. A lot of people start trading, do badly, and blame the broker. Others start up, get lucky, and thank the broker. Look for reviews that talk about what the broker does and does not do well, preferably from people who have used the broker for an extended period of time.

4. rajeev

rajeev Recruit

Hey guys.
    Must say i have used forex.com since august last year and haven't had any problems with them,so far.
    Also i use 2 different brokers,and their quotes pretty much are in the same ballpark area.
    Based on my experience with them i will recommend forex.com for being honest/ethical so far!

5. bee

bee Recruit

umm

I just opened acount with forex.com. Now I am scared, anyone have the same experience with forex.com please share more. To me they look ok at the moment but I am not an experienced trader, so it is hard for me to judge them.

6. miranda gulto

miranda gulto Recruit

how much is the minimum for forex.com [​IMG]

: forex.com