• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Forex Mastery

magisana

Private
Has anyone bought and tried this course yet, it was a little to expensive for my tastes and I just checked the Website and it says that there sold out, but I can't seem to find any reviews on it that are being promoted by affliliate etc...

Hi. I've also seen their ads and videos. Looks like a very simple system which should work. depends on when they actually say to get in and when to get out. They don't really get into this in detail in their marketing materials. Seems to use support and resistance lines with two indicators. I would assume one is a volume indiactor and the other is a momentum indicator, which along with the price level indicators taken care of by the support and resistance lines, should be about all that's needed. They also compare multiple time frames. Simple, but probably all that's needed. I am seriously thinking about buying it even though it is expensive at $2,000.

Let Me Know How It Works For YOu

I too saw their marketing info. Not real slick like some of the forex system marketing, which I sorta liked. I agree that it seems a pretty basic system which also appeals to me since I think it's got all the basics. I agree that it is a little expensive, but your know if it works then its well worth it. I would like to hear how it works for you as I am thinking about buying it myself.

December 23
Hi. I've also seen their ads and videos. Looks like a very simple system which should work. depends on when they actually say to get in and when to get out. They don't really get into this in detail in their marketing materials. Seems to use support and resistance lines with two indicators. I would assume one is a volume indiactor and the other is a momentum indicator, which along with the price level indicators taken care of by the support and resistance lines, should be about all that's needed. They also compare multiple time frames. Simple, but probably all that's needed. I am seriously thinking about buying it even though it is expensive at $2,000.

If you know so much about the system, that's enough to design your own version.

December 26
I too saw their marketing info. Not real slick like some of the forex system marketing, which I sorta liked. I agree that it seems a pretty basic system which also appeals to me since I think it's got all the basics. I agree that it is a little expensive, but your know if it works then its well worth it. I would like to hear how it works for you as I am thinking about buying it myself.

Replying to yourself with "I too saw their marketing info. and "I agree that it seems. . ." sounds very odd. That's written as if you are replying to a totally different person than the one who wrote the first post.

Did you forget to login to a second forum account to have a conversation with yourself about why people should blow $2000 on this product?
:p

magisana,

I think what Pharaoh is trying discreetly to convey to you is to keep your USD2k and not blow it on a simple system which is most probably copied from somewhere.
Do keep in mind that if there are such a trading system that will help us make money, the Market Makers would most probably have something else to counter that.
Plus, if the system is so good, why advertise that to the whole forex traders world. Why not quietly use it for themselves and become multimillionaires beating the trading system instead of trying to hock their system in the internet? Wouldn't you do that? I would!

As someone wrote somewhere, there is a sucker born every minute....only now, it's much faster than that in microseconds, I presume!

Patience and lots of practice on multiple Demo trading platform is the way for us Newbies...and lots and lots of research and reading.

Cheers!

Options University has a Ferrari in their garage with the Forex Mastery system. They have two problems; they don’t have a key for it, and when they tried to hotwire it, they realized the engine is missing. Come to think of it, they actually have three problems. They don’t have a driver with a valid license either.
My boyfriend and I purchased Forex Mastery in November 2009. We have purchased numerous high priced systems before, and none of them had delivered. I was so excited about this one because within the first couple of weeks it became evident that this system worked. We did see the proof; it was the developer’s, Gary Albrecht’s live trading account. In two years he turned $25,000 into almost $300,000.
At this point, it is worth mentioning that he did that without Forex Joe Atkins’ famous Bias and Key levels or a market scanner.
Two weeks ago my boyfriend asked Options University to refund the cost of the course, and cancel his membership. The only good thing we can say about OU, is that they refunded the money in a timely fashion, but the good things stop right there.
When we decided to sign up for the course, we were hit right away with a myriad of additional products. The system costs $2,000, that includes the course materials, indicators and the market scanner. They neglected to mention in their webinars that for the $2,000 the scanner will only work on 4 Forex pairs, and if you want the 10 pairs that they show, it will cost an additional $1,000. They will also want to sell you a Fibonacci trading program for about $500, a subscription to their Forex Trader website for $297/month and to Forex Mastery for $197/month and some other things that I can‘t even remember. If you want to learn the Mastery system you’ll need to pay the $197 monthly fee. Some aspects of the indicators that are crucial to be able to trade this system profitably are not even mentioned in the course material. To learn that, you must pay your monthly fee. That had already bothered me because I felt the $2,000 should have included everything I needed to learn this method. Then I thought of what Forex Joe Atkins said at one of the webinars that within the first month using their live trading room, we will make back the cost of the program. That did not happen. Instead, in that time they managed to lose the only person who developed and knew the system, Gary Albrecht. I’m not sure what happened; I’ve heard different stories that he was forced out of OU by office politics and didn’t get paid by the company. As I said, I don’t know and I don’t think it’s anybody’s business what happened between them. What matters to me is the fact that after Gary’s departure, the whole Forex Mastery course has collapsed. Today a guy who was hired to manage the software development at OU is teaching in the “Live Trading Lab”. He himself has admitted that he had only started trading Forex in August 2009. This person is completely clueless. While we were in the trading room, he had one 30 pip win, and was stopped out on every other trade. He actually posted his own trading account; it is all pink and losses.
Over 70% of the people that bought the program were experienced traders, trading live accounts for a year or longer. When these people started to complain about the level of education, all hell broke loose. People who were vocal about this situation started to get refunds from OU without asking for it, while others were threatened by Brett Fogle, the president of OU himself that he would turn off their software. Forex Joe said after calling these people PARASITES, that anybody who doesn’t like what’s going on, can get their money back and get out. I have never seen this level of unprofessional treatment of clients in my life. It is clear that Options University does not care about its customers, they care only about the money that they can pull out of their pockets. They make promises after promises, and none of them are kept. They promised extensions of the trial period of the software if people asked for it, and those who did got a refund, not an extension.
Wow, this has gone on longer then I expected. But let me say a few more things briefly.
The indicators they are using are common indicators available in the public domain. Bias and Key levels are absolutely unimportant, you can use the weekly and monthly pivots of your choosing instead. What you can’t get from the internet is the education that would show you how to use them correctly, but you can’t get it from OU either, even if you pay for it.
My recommendation is to stay away from Options University. Try it if you have the money, you can always get a refund from them, but nothing else!

Hi Carly, very interesting email. I have been following them around in some of their sale presentations. It seems that Gary is back, however, I don´t know at what capacity. He strikes me as a person who understand the FX market very well. I have a good friend who has been in the program for about two months and he seems to be doing well. I will definitely mention this blog to him and wait to see his reaction.
As far as the indicators, you mentioned they are commonly available in public domain. can you tell us what they are! Or are they just called the same - Trend momentum and Price Action. Thanks.

My opinion

Hello, I have the product purchased 6 months back. The M3 navigator is the same principle as stochastics. Dtosc. In a trending market, the system is useless. All the technical stuff you learn in modules is use full but everywhere free available. Bias and key levels are in my opinion useless because it works not consistently but 50% of the time. If thousands of people buy this product it is logical that some have successfully results. I believe that Gary is succesfull because he can read the charts. The indicators are a little help.

Option University ....

been ripped of by them with a demo membership with a 60 day money back guarantee (298 bucks) last year - well guess what - after 30 days i politely asked for a refund but they insisted they never received anything from me...

my CC statement proofs different....

i'd like you to read this : https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...joe-brett-fogle-options-university-liars.html

and especially read about them at scam.com and the other mentioned site.

my advice DO NOT - i repeat do not subscribe to anything that these scammers offer .....

cheers

Did you try filing a dispute with your credit card company and requesting a chargeback? Most (but not all) issuing banks are very good about dealing with situations like this.

Back