• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Forex Mastery

Options Mastery

In my opinion there are a lot of half truths and out-dated opinions still floating around in the earlier posts of this thread. Let me try to update and/or clarify some things.

I was a student in the Forex Mastery program until a few weeks ago, when I decided that I had learned what I came for, and did not need to continue in the program any longer. In my opinion, it is NOT any Scam. However, the Options University marketing hype that they put out is not above implying unrealistic results to sell the product, like many other such programs that are out there.

Here are some facts, and some more opinions ...

1) As of the end of January, 2010, Gary Albrecht was back, and is the full time instructor of the program as of the end of May. I think generally people agree that you can learn some useful things about trading from him.

2) Carly Sanders previous post is still correct about the costs for the various pieces of the program, although there was talk of raising the monthly subscription fee as of several weeks ago when I was last there. That may have happened by now.

I have not found any of the non-disclosure of limitations that Carly mentions. Just read the hype carefully, and listen to what the sales spiel is saying carefully. I have not seen lies from the speakers, but I have seen a lot of confusion among prospective students when too many options and facts have been given to them too quickly and not very clearly. When you get to the signup web page that is about 10 pages long with all of the "benefits" that you will receive, print the darn thing out for future reference.

I have found that Forex Mastery is truthful literally regarding the facts of tangible things that you will receive, but not always extremely clear the first time you read it. Pay no attention to the written "results" that you are supposedly going to receive, which may or may not actually happen for you in particular. For example, you will not "earn enough during the course to pay for the course." That is a result, not a deliverable, and that result is not promised if you read carefully. It will be a "some students have even reported ..." or something like that. Maybe someone who was already trading on a sizable scale before entering the course did report that once, but that person is not you (probably). Similarly for some of the testimonial claims about earning 60,000 Euros a week. Oh yeah, on what amount of capital, and with what amount of risk? But the marketing department will not want to visit those details, and you understand why. It's not that the facts are untrue, it's that you can not realistically expect similar results for yourself.

3) To the observant eye, it appears that the indicators used may be a Hull Moving Average, Triple Stochastics, and a Stochastics Momentum Index. I can't know for sure, but they look that way to me. However, their value lies not in the indicators, which are publicly available, and (as far as I can tell) do NOT work well as any mechanical oracle for making trade decisions. Instead, the indicators give you information that can be used together with price action as a basis for successfully entering and exiting trades. That is what Gary teaches in the Forex Mastery class. So ... having the indicators that Forex Mastery uses will NOT make you into any professional trader. Personally, I think that the indicators are good and useful, but only if one knows when and how to use them. In and of themselves, they are NOT the Holy Grail, at least in my opinion.

By the way, the "4 majors" Forex Mastery software package now supports the 4 major currency pairs, as well as now the Dow Industrials and the US Dollar Index.

Beyond the indicators, the Forex Mastery software includes a scanner for continuous evaluation of the status of the indicators across the available currency pairs and multiple time frames. At times the scanner can alert you to approaching trade opportunities, which can be useful if you are doing other things but are still near your trading station. Or with the help of some other web sites, it can deliver a message to your cell phone via email. These are NOT trade entries or setups, rather they are triggers to manually evaluate a possible trade that might be setting up.

Personally, I would not recommend purchasing the Forex Mastery software package as a software package, unless the scanner program is worth that much to you. It will only work on your "subscribed" pairs (plus the Dow and the USD Index). However, practically speaking, the software is currently bundled so as to be the "price of admission" to the Forex Mastery program, and comes with 2 or 3 months of training (depending on how you pay for it and the current incentives offered). That may not be the best deal conceivable, but it's not the worst deal out there either ... if you benefit from the training. And that depends on what kind of training you will benefit from having. Probably you don't know that in advance.

4) The "Bias and Key" levels of support and resistance that are included in the Forex Mastery software actually are proprietary and come from "Forex Joe" Atkins, who teaches the Options University Forex Trader program (Forex Trader is completely separate and different from the Forex Mastery program; they only share the Bias and Key level values). In my experience, they are better than pivots or fibonacci levels at predicting support and resistance levels. Just like pivots or fibonacci levels, price can blow right through any particular level, depending on what is happening in the market. However, when you look at the end of the price movement, it is nearly always at or near one of Forex Joe's levels, and they are not so close together that the above becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. So they need to be traded like any other support or resistance level ... see how price is treating the level before entering any trade there, and be aware of the typical support/resistance fakeout patterns. However, I submit that having some expectations concerning possible support and resistance levels beats no expectations hands down. Sometimes you can get you expectations from other predictors, like pivots or fibonacci levels that may happen to line up with a bias or key level. I suspect that the bias and key levels results from a comprehensive analysis of support and resistance levels over something like a 10 year minimum period of time in each pair or commodity (since now they are also available for the Dow Industrials and the USD Index).

5) I disagree completely with fethu earlier about the system not being useful in a trending market. Of course you do use the indicator information a bit differently in a trending market. Perhaps that lesson was missed, when and if he attended.

In summary, as I see it, Forex Mastery is not any scam. However, it certainly does have its limits, and the marketing department is not always completely clear in describing its limits. After all they want to push it, and describing limits is a necessary evil. But, if you read carefully, you will find that they do deliver what they FACTUALLY promise to deliver. That is, not the intangible hype, but you will get all the tangible things promised to you, or else they will eventually get it straightened out for you. Are they perfect, far from it. Are those tangibles everything you need to trade successfully? In my personal opinion, No. How well those tanglibles work for you depends on where you are coming from. While they give you a reasonable quality product, it may not be what you need. It is pretty hard to know that without investing some time and effort, and even dollars. So use the refund if one is offered and if you feel that it is appropriate. I've tried to explain what the program is, but can not cover every detail here, and I don't know who you are that is reading this.

In the end, I wish you success and hope that you shop for training carefully, and trade safely and successfully.

Last edited:
forex mastery 2.0 disappeared

The thousands of people who paid thousands of dollars for the system. What are we supposed to do. At Options University they never pick up the phone and we do not have the system that we paid for.

Lets organize a class action suit against Gary Albrecht, Options University and Bret Fogle.

Please lets get organized. These people stole millions of dollars

Forex Mastery Now Dead

I would like to revise my earlier email from June, 1010. Since then Gary Albrecht and Options University have parted ways (several months ago), and Forex Mastery is dead. A few days ago the software that we purchased for use "forever" stopped working due to the license server being turned off. A complaint has been filed with the Florida Attorney General's office several months ago and they are supposedly "investigating". Florida is where Options University is based. Both Gary Albrecht and Options University deny responsibility and refuse to take any responsibility. Some "Platinum" members have received refunds, and others have not. Everyone should learn from this experience, and understand that "Options University" is no school, but is simply another marketing organization selling goods at (often) greatly inflated prices.

Options University Forex Mastery 2.0 massive fraud, or they just don't care ?

Yes, Gary Albrecht and Options University deny any involvement in this fraud. Where did all the money go? We are talking about millions of dollars. Who is keeping the money? Everybody is washing their hands. Options University and its president do not even have a working telephone number. They took our money and they are not ready to give it back, they are also not willing to provide what they sold.

Gary what ever happened to you. You seemed like a decent guy who was a master at trading where is all the money that you charged us.

why is OU continuing to sell software every week after the massive fraud of Options University Forex Mastery 2.0 ?

Forex Mastery, Options University, Scam factory

Hi alexbraun,

I too got ripped off by these scammers, in total $4600 between software and classes. The classes I dont mind so much, I was paying per month and did not get burnt for a years subscription like some people. At least I learnt some things in class but paying over 2k for software and not having access to it really pisses me off, even now that I know what all the indicators are and can set up the charts anyway, but I didn't at the time I paid for it!
I am not sure if you got an email from a former member Rick Monroe, whom set up a web site for former members and tried to organise a class action suit or gave details of what they were trying to organise, the web site is Home | Unexpected Forex Solutions though not many visit this site now days, I guess they have given up hope of getting any where with these scammers.

If you check out "Options University" on the (scam alerts folder) I coppied this list of companys Brett Fogle owned at some stage, what a scam factory this guy has going!

He keeps starting new LLC's and saying the new one does not have anything to do with the old one.
FOGLE, BRETT THE CASPER GROUP LLC M06000002011
FOGLE, BRETT SHOGUN OPTIONS LLC M06000005444
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY ADVISOR LLC M06000005788
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY EDUCATION, LLC M08000004377
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY MEMBERS LLC M09000002871
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY GROUP, LLC L09000080954
FOGLE, BRETT SHOGUN OPTIONS LLC M06000005444
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY ADVISOR LLC M06000005788
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY STRATEGIST LLC M07000002947
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY EDUCATION, LLC M08000004377
FOGLE, BRETT OPTIONS UNIVERSITY MEMBERS LLC M09000002871
FOGLE, BRETT J MACARTHUR WATER GARDENS LLC L05000020668
FOGLE, BRETT J OPTIONS UNIVERSITY GROUP, LLC L09000080954
FOGLE, BRETT J CUSHWA INVESTMENTS LLC L09000098517
FOGLE, BRETT J CUSHWA LAND LLC L09000104528
FOGLE, BRETT J TOP GUN OPTIONS LLC L11000028469
FOGLE, BRETT J SHADOW TRADER GROUP LLC M07000002944
FOGLE, BRETT J OPTIONS UNIVERSITY STRATEGIST LLC M07000002947
FOGLE, BRETT J OPTIONS UNIVERSITY FOREX, LLC M09000000306
FOGLE, BRETT J MACARTHUR WATER GARDENS LLC L05000020668
FOGLE, BRETT J CUSHWA INVESTMENTS LLC L09000098517
FOGLE, BRETT J CUSHWA LAND LLC L09000104528
FOGLE, BRETT J SHADOW TRADER GROUP LLC M07000002944
FOGLE, BRETT J CODE MONKEYS LLC M08000004837www.ripoffreport.com
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

This is a copy of the filed and recorded application for OptionsU Forex Trader LLC that shows Brett J Fogle as the manager/managing member.
LLCs are located in several states...Florida, Nevada, Delaware..etc

So Glad I came here first before buying this

Thanks goodness I had the sense to come here and suss the situation out, I will avoiding this product!

I am the person mentioned above and would like to respond.

First, there is nothing wrong with having multiple business entities and there were valid business reasons for each one of these. A few were sold, and continue on as reputable and successful businesses to this day.

Regarding the allegation that were 'scammers' nothing could be farther from the truth. For 8 years we had hundreds if not thousands of happy and satisfied clients (who don't bother to post in trash talking forums like these).

It was unfortunate that Forex Mastery had to be unwound. "For the record, this was due to the difficult nature of the instructor and his wife. It became so bad, we had to bring in divorce mediators. They both had impossible temperaments and the wife was chasing me around making improper advances on numerous occasions. I fought to save this.

But in the end the instructor (Gary) and my business partner (Forex Joe) had it out and it was decided to unwind the company. I resigned and it was up to Joe to handle the unwinding of the companies. We paid out $60,000 in refunds to students, but because the parties running the business after my departure didn't manage the finances of the business well, they ran out of money and had to close down completely.

I'm not trying to avoid responsibility. But I know that I did everything humanly possible to save this, and could not handle the abuse from the other parties any longer. Businesses, unfortunately, occasionally fail. This was one of those times, and a great lesson for me in not getting involved with the wrong people ever again. I lost more than anybody in this ordeal, both financially and in harm to my reputation. I do apologize for anyone affected by this, but it was out of my control.

Back