• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Does this really work any better on GoMarkets with a 1 pip spread? The TP and SL levels are going to be the same. The only thing I would think is that if the trade closed faster it might be able to take a second trade. Otherwise, I've never heard of them.
That's exactly the advantage.

FXDD's spread on the eurusd is pretty much constant at 2 pips. We'll see, if this robot starts making money like FAP-T did maybe they'll raise the spread on the eurusd as well.
Raising the spread on EU is suicidal for a broker, given how intense the competition among them is. Simply put, it's just not worth it - to lose thousands of loyal customers rather than losing a small chunk of cash to MegaDroid's users.

As for the advertising, I never pay much attention to it. All that matters in the end to me is how good the quality of the actual product is, not how good their ads are.

Back to the robot. My pain-in-the-butt VPS had some glitches on Tuesday, so no trades were made on that day. Now everything seems to be back to normal; the robot took one small profitable trade on Wednesday. Once there's more trades, I'll post the screenshot.

I agree there are similarities between MegaDroid and FAP-T. However, MegaDroid seems to be trading safer - probably, due to some better filtering in place.

That's exactly the advantage.

But, I've still never heard of them, and I dont think thats an advantage!

Raising the spread on EU is suicidal for a broker, given how intense the competition among them is. Simply put, it's just not worth it - to lose thousands of loyal customers rather than losing a small chunk of cash to MegaDroid's users.

That was not a serious consideration.

As for the advertising, I never pay much attention to it. All that matters in the end to me is how good the quality of the actual product is, not how good their ads are.

Which advertising are we refering to. I do believe that the levels of honesty in these peoples ad copy reveals something about their integrity. For example: When the MegaDroid copy blatantly claims it doesnt trade in one specific time, like anouther oversold robot does, then we find out it does exactly that, with an even tighter window. That tells us some thing about the intentions of the people selling the system. When they make big claims to RCPT and Artificial Intelligence programing, multi market, able to trade any market conditions with different strategies, and it becomes obvious that its just a FAP-T clone, with two different TP and SL settings. This should raise some alarms.

Yes, the robot is profitable so far. But, its only been one week of forward testing. They have offered no forward or live testing results, just the usual backtesting, which we all know is highly questionable.

I agree there are similarities between MegaDroid and FAP-T. However, MegaDroid seems to be trading safer - probably, due to some better filtering in place.

Yes, there are obvious similarities. Its almost identical. This is something we've been asking the FAP-T team for for months. The eurusd may not be as quiet as the European pairs during this time period, but it is the most liquid, and has the tightest spread, at any time, on any broker. It just makes sense to try to scalp it, (as in scalping the range, not the spread).

MegaDroid does seem a bit better. There are some new features I definately like, and FAP-T hasnt been performing as well as it did in the begining. But, FAP-T has one of the best funded and hardest working development teams I've seen. I bet you that the features you see and like here, you will soon see there. In fact, I will personaly hound them until they do incorporate these features.

And believe me, they do listen. They opened the Scalpers user adjustable parameters after we repeatedly asked. And I recieved an e-mail from FAP-T Mike this week thanking me for defending his product on this forum and letting me know that they listened to my repeated requests to allow the users the ability to move the long term EA onto other time frames.

All they have to do is copy some of the new features in MegaDroid, thats how the MegaDroid team got them in the first place, these people arent inovators at all, everything in this robot is copied from anouther robot. Its just an amalgamation of pieces. All FAP-T has to do is copy the best features and add a few of the more liquid currencies to its stable.

But, honestly, I think they are all part of the same team, and the idea was to sell us anouther robot.

Back to the robot. My pain-in-the-butt VPS had some glitches on Tuesday, so no trades were made on that day. Now everything seems to be back to normal; the robot took one small profitable trade on Wednesday. Once there's more trades, I'll post the screenshot.

No need to post screen shots, or copies of your statements, and above all no "cut and paste" from backtesting results. We all have access to the same raw data, if we own the robot. If not we can just check the manufacurers web site, they post the days trades right there, as well as the past few years worth of backtesting results.

My MegaDroid took 3 trades last night, all on strategy 1, the more conservative 10 pip strategy. The first two were successful at 10 pip TP, the third closed for 1 pip profit. This is something FAP-T will now have to incorporate. Closing seemingly bad trades for a slight profit when they go over a time limit, rather than a slight loss as they now do.

The MegaDroid team show two trades last night, one successful from the 15 pip strategy, and one failed, 1 pip gain, from the 10 pip strategy.

In spite of any negative comments I might make, this is the only robot I'm running on a live account right now. I like FAP-T, the design, the trading style, and the time it trades, but I dont like the pairs it trades, and I definately dont like the current spreads on those pairs.

I like these two robots because I dont have to run them 24 hrs a day. I have them on my personal computer, and I do my things during the day, like attempt to day trade, and study the markets, and vent my opinions on the FPA forum, in that order. I wont even turn these robots on untill I go to pick my son up from school. These robots wont do anything untill 4:00 ET anyway.

Last edited:
I am also running Forex MegaDroid off my VPS on an I-TradeFX account. Three trades to date on it, all closed in profit:

i177894_FMDResults.png

1 week - 17 wins and no losses

I just purchased this EA and started on Monday, April 6. I am using three accounts: Forex.com, IBFX and FXCM. Here is a break down for this week:

Forex.com - 9 trades won, 0 lost, +93 pips
IBFX - 6 trades won, 0 lost, +59 pips
FXCM - 2 trades won, 0 lost, +12 pips

I usually get 2-3 trades per account a day. So far I like the way the EA is handling trades. We will see what this EA brings in the future. The FXCM account was started this week, so only traded one day. No trading on Thursday, due to holiday and all.

I will have to say though, this EA using the EUR/USD with lower spreads is so much better than fighting spreads with Fap Turbo.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
first things first:

Pipbuster, you screwed the thread up again by posting useless pictures. This makes it much more difficult to read postings. Try sticking to the relevant information, nobody needs to see your mt4 platform. Really, doing that just diminishes the quality of this thread.

Sparky, thanks for posting the results from your different accounts, (in an easily comprehended and readable manner). This is great information. My accounts did not trade last night, FXDD, but they were running, and I know of others who did have trades. I dont believe they were off due to the holiday. I suspect the reason most accounts did not trade was the limited range. The total range before and during the trading period was about 10 pips. This is not enough to make an easy scalping trade. Of the two people I know of whos systems did take trades, one ended in a 32 pip loss, on FXDD, and the other ended in a 14 pip win. But I really dont consider this proper scalping, more luck of the draw than a planed trade.

first things first:
Pipbuster, you screwed the thread up again by posting useless pictures. This makes it much more difficult to read postings. Try sticking to the relevant information, nobody needs to see your mt4 platform. Really, doing that just diminishes the quality of this thread.
OK, from now on I'll be posting re-sized screenshots of account statements for the thread to have a more aesthetic look. :)

first things first:

Sparky, thanks for posting the results from your different accounts, (in an easily comprehended and readable manner). This is great information. My accounts did not trade last night, FXDD, but they were running, and I know of others who did have trades. I dont believe they were off due to the holiday. I suspect the reason most accounts did not trade was the limited range. The total range before and during the trading period was about 10 pips. This is not enough to make an easy scalping trade. Of the two people I know of whos systems did take trades, one ended in a 32 pip loss, on FXDD, and the other ended in a 14 pip win. But I really dont consider this proper scalping, more luck of the draw than a planed trade.

Ken,

I probably should have said that I didn't trade on Thursday due to the low volume being traded because of the upcoming holiday. I just didn't want the EA to open up a trade and have a hard time closing it.

How is it that the EA demo test here at FPA had two massive losses on the 9th but no one else seems to have reported similar losses?

Even on 5 other live mt4stats from completely different people I have just viewed, only one of them had a (small) loss recently.

Any thoughts?
The various ones I'm talking about are all on various brokers also, not sure if they're using the same one as FPA.

Hi Dave

How is it that the EA demo test here at FPA had two massive losses on the 9th but no one else seems to have reported similar losses?

Even on 5 other live mt4stats from completely different people I have just viewed, only one of them had a (small) loss recently.

Any thoughts?
The various ones I'm talking about are all on various brokers also, not sure if they're using the same one as FPA.
Can u be more specific? Which ones were Losing/Winning and when? If u get a chance. Thnks Ernest8fingers:)

Ken,

I probably should have said that I didn't trade on Thursday due to the low volume being traded because of the upcoming holiday. I just didn't want the EA to open up a trade and have a hard time closing it.

Signs of inteligence. I let mine run, but watched it. I really wanted to see what it would do. Now that I've seen that other systems took trades I'll have to be more careful. There was no volume and no range to trade.

Back