• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Just checked on my ODL account. Surprisingly, it has shown the best result of all so far, both in terms of consistency and profit level:

i187211_ODL.PNG

Many people have had no trades since last Wed. If you follow the forums there are a lot of disgusted people, especialy since the MegaDroid web site shows multiple trades every day this week. I havent bothered to write to MegaDroid about this yet, I'm not really concerned, at this point I'm still watching and observing to see how it trades and this is all interesting information. I would be much more concerned if it was losing trades all week.... Time will tell. This is just anouther EA, and perhaps the market conditions arent optimal for it to open trades. There may be slight variations in the brokers price feeds, who knows. The robot itself MAY have some programing that adapts and remembers previous price limits, previous trades, etc, thereby changing its signals and filtering. This could be affected by our use of the platform, running 24 hrs a day, turning it off etc.

At this point I just watch and see. The robot isnt doing anything, but the people trying to run it are certainly starting to freak out.

When it does start trading again, I'm much more interested in why it sometimes placed stop over 100 pips, and sometimes under 50 pips. This defines the ultimate risk and is a much bigger concern to me.

PipCop just aquired this robot and will be starting testing across 12 different brokers, PipCop.com. This is the best EA testing site and related forum that I have found.

Last edited:
Many people have had no trades since last Wed. If you follow the forums there are a lot of disgusted people, especialy since the MegaDroid web site shows multiple trades every day this week. I havent bothered to write to MegaDroid about this yet, I'm not really concerned, at this point I'm still watching and observing to see how it trades and this is all interesting information. I would be much more concerned if it was losing trades all week.... Time will tell. This is just anouther EA, and perhaps the market conditions arent optimal for it to open trades. There may be slight variations in the brokers price feeds, who knows. The robot itself MAY have some programing that adapts and remembers previous price limits, previous trades, etc, thereby changing its signals and filtering. This could be affected by our use of the platform, running 24 hrs a day, turning it off etc.

At this point I just watch and see. The robot isnt doing anything, but the people trying to run it are certainly starting to freak out.

When it does start trading again, I'm much more interested in why it sometimes placed stop over 100 pips, and sometimes under 50 pips. This defines the ultimate risk and is a much bigger concern to me.

PipCop just aquired this robot and will be starting testing across 12 different brokers, PipCop.com. This is the best EA testing site and related forum that I have found.
Ken, I am not certain about the reasons for that either. It might be the market conditions, brokers starting to increase spreads during the robot's trading hours, or something else. Hence, I would suggest that you contact their customer support - only then we'll know for a fact.

I need your help please

I just bought forex megadroid but I have a problem!
It doesn’t work even I did everything as it’s written on the manual.
When I try to forward test the program, Metatrader 4 shows the message “Error 50"? . Can anyone help me please ? I tried it on my own PC, on a VPS, with brokers AlpariUK and FastBrokers : nothing works… always the same “Error: 50″ message.

I just bought forex megadroid but I have a problem!
It doesn’t work even I did everything as it’s written on the manual.
When I try to forward test the program, Metatrader 4 shows the message “Error 50"? . Can anyone help me please ? I tried it on my own PC, on a VPS, with brokers AlpariUK and FastBrokers : nothing works… always the same “Error: 50″ message.
What prevents you from contacting their customer support for assistance?

I contacted them but haven't any help from them... maybe they need more than 2 working days to give an answer.

This week is slow

I went from 17 trades last week to 1 trade this week. It was with FXCM for +5 pips. So far no losing trades though.

I received an email from support (as you all probably have also) that a new version will be out on Sunday or Monday. I am still optimistic on this EA.

There is another forum on this EA also. Here is the site:

forexmegadroidforum dot com

I will be using this forum and that one for info.

Scott

An update from the Forex MegaDroid developers:

...Version 1.10 of Forex MegaDroid is ready for release - we are simply finishing the updates to the manual before making it available. We are working through the weekend so, if all goes to plan, you will be able to download it on Sunday or Monday. We will email you as soon as the files have been uploaded so you will not miss out.

From a user perspective, the new version will be highly informative - the old "Waiting" & "Running" messages have been replaced by a whole sequence of comments which explain what is happening as the robot is running.

In addition, users who have accounts with ECN brokers will find that the robot is now able to place trades... unfortunately, connecting with ECN brokers requires significantly different logic in the trade placement code which we have now implemented - our apologies for overlooking that issue in the initial release.

Finally, we have overcome the instances of "error 1000" for those who were experiencing it and we have removed some unnecessary settings from the Inputs list to reduce confusion.

Now, on to current issues...

If you have been experiencing minimal trades over the last week or so then there are several possible causes:

1) Your broker's pricing conditions (spread, server delay, quote quality) are not good. This can simply be a temporary situation but, if things do not improve then we suggest trying a different broker.

2) Be especially aware that the MegaDroid robot does NOT trade on Fridays, at weekends or on Monday mornings.

3) Check whether you have any error messages or warnings, either on the chart or on the Experts / Journal tabs - if so, please let the help- desk team know about it: Forex MegaDroid :: Support Ticket System

It is also very possible that the robot will not trade for 24-48 hours (or sometimes more), regardless of broker, due to non-condusive market conditions. We have seen such conditions over the last week with all of the very wild swings on EUR/USD as it tries to balance the market sentiment / trader mentality with fundamentals - very frustrating but an aspect of trading life that we have to accept at times. ...

Back