Forex News Trading Plans for Week 14, Mar 29 – Apr 4 2015

Hi Peter, thanks for your wonderful service? Where is your Forex News Gun signal coming from? If it is coming from the USA, do you have an approximate idea of the ping speed to London, UK? Do you use a VPS or can we somehow hook up your signal to a VPS to increase speed? thanks, Antar

I would use 0.2 or even 0.3 deviation and it's very rare, and in addition to that even with bigger deviation it doesn't generate sizable price move on the market according to historical charts.

It doesn't mean that it's impossible to trade it, especially if you have tight spread, but I don't see it tempting.

Ok great, thanks for the insight as always.

Hi Peter, thanks for your wonderful service? Where is your Forex News Gun signal coming from? If it is coming from the USA, do you have an approximate idea of the ping speed to London, UK? Do you use a VPS or can we somehow hook up your signal to a VPS to increase speed? thanks, Antar

Peter has mentioned previously that it comes from the East coast USA. I'm looking to do the same thing, opening a VPS based in New York. I'm assuming the ping will drop once I've connected the FNG to the VPS. (currently around 40)

I think these events don't have big enough impact to the market to include them in general trade plans. However, it doesn't mean that they can't be traded profitably, just look up some historical charts and find out a sufficient triggering deviation.

Nevertheless, let me mention that ANZ BC and CB CC seemingly hardly generate more than 10 pip move, and in addition to that CB CC comes out at the same time with Richmond Manufacturing Index or with New Home Sales.

Dear Peter,

Where is your valuable comments about :

1. ANZ Business Confidence news (NZD)

2. CB Consumer Confidence news (USD) ?

- Thank u very much for help us ! May Allah bless u !

origin of ping signal for Forex news GUn

Reserved for Wednesday.
Hi Peter, thanks for your great service. I'm not sure if you got my original post/question but, because speed is everything in Spike News trading. Where does your Forex news Gun signal originate? The UK or USA? If it originates in the USA, do you know very approximately what the ping speed is to the UK? I live in Australia but I have a dealer with a VPS set up for my platform in London. Is there anyway of speeding up the signal to a particular location?

After a bit of research, I located my brokers server on the west coast and have used a VPS based in the same vicinity to connect. I can run FNG from the same server. My ping has now reduced to 1 (!) from 40 and my MT4 ping has reduced to 7ms. Fantastic.
I advise everyone to use, unless you already have a great connection. I use FXVM, $20 a month.

jcoale39 says it well, the location is US East Coast, and as far as I remember ping time from London is 20-30 ms, so VPS from the USA is definitely better (especially if your broker's server is there as well). Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that it's not possible to use FNG from London, but it will be a bit slower.

Dear Peter,

Please tell us about Today's - German Unemployment Rate (s.a.) News !

- Thank u very much for helping us !

Hi Peter, could you say why you put the CAD GBP forecast at 0.1 when all the major forecasts at -0.2? Thanks, Antar

Back