Forex News Trading Plans for Week 40, Sep 29 – Oct 5 2013

Fx News Gun

Hello Peter,

Be kind enough and check my settings for today's Nonfarm Payroll, plse.

My score this far is 11 attempts and NO success. Did not even enter anything. However, keep in mind that I do not trade the Asian sessions.

Best regards,

Attachments

• Fx News Trading ADP Nonfarm Payroll 2nd Oct 2013.PNG
    Fx News Trading ADP Nonfarm Payroll 2nd Oct 2013.PNG
    115.2 KB · Views: 18
Hello Peter,

Be kind enough and check my settings for today's Nonfarm Payroll, plse.

My score this far is 11 attempts and NO success. Did not even enter anything. However, keep in mind that I do not trade the Asian sessions.

Best regards,

Settings are fine and yes we haven't had a triggering event for a while. More precisely last one was UK Retail Sales on September 19th. It happens sometimes even if every 4th-5th event triggers in average.

USD ISM Manufacturing Index is a good trade if you'll take the opposite . A good number for ISM index will rise shares market and USD will fall. Last month was the same story. A gap followed by a fall. FNG entered after the gap was formed.

USD ISM Manufacturing Index - Tue, 03 Sep

View attachment 11445

Hi,

'A gap followed by a fall.' - Indeed, after more than an hour on your chart. The spike on 5M was 29 pip long in positive (see below). In this spike trading method I don't recommend you to keep a position open longer than two minutes - at least close it partially.

09-03-2013 - US Manufacturing PMI - USDJPY.png

'A good number for ISM index will rise shares market and USD will fall.' - Sounds reasonable, however, the market doesn't behave like that on one minute scale. If it did I would do the opposite without caring much about reasonings. You can take a look at historical charts - just don't forget to switch to USDJPY on the left. Just a short excerpt (event candles from Open to High/Low in pips):

Oct 1 >> deviation: +1.2 spike: +15 pips (not triggered)

Sep 3 >> deviation: +1.7 spike: +29 pips (not triggered)

Aug 1 >> deviation: +3.4 spike: +31 pips (triggered)

Jul 1 >> deviation: +0.4 spike: +16 pips (not triggered)

Jun 3 >> deviation: -1.5 spike: -30 pips (not triggered)

May 3 >> deviation: -0.2 spike: +11 pips (not triggered)

Apr 1 >> deviation: -2.8 spike: -21 pips (triggered)

So if you have a strategy giving positive results based on opposite entries on longer term please tell us your trade plan to let fellow traders start experimenting with it.

Thanks,

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a gap and FNG entered on top of it.
And USA Nonfarm Payroll is delayed for next Friday. Please update on server.

Thanks Peter. It triggered yesterday, but I was under the impression that it would place the order by itself. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, it seems to require lightning reaction from our side, doesn't it?

Best regards.

Thanks Peter. It triggered yesterday, but I was under the impression that it would place the order by itself. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, it seems to require lightning reaction from our side, doesn't it?

Best regards.

Just to be sure Hercs, FNG should click automatically on your Buy or Sell button. You specify the screen coordinates of these buttons by moving the mouse cursor there and pressing S key. It seems to me that your coordinates are fine so after you click OK on 'Set Clicks' panel and only main window is there, it waits for getting triggered. As soon as number comes in with a nice deviation it will click immediately - assuming that trading window is on the top of other windows.

I didn't find a solution to allow FNG trafic in my firewall.
I don't know what protocol it use, It's something related to Java.
When it starts it's checking for update with no problem, but not connect to server until I disable firewall.
I'm somehow protected by my router but I want to use my firewall when I'm online.
I use Norton360.

I didn't find a solution to allow FNG trafic in my firewall.
I don't know what protocol it use, It's something related to Java.
When it starts it's checking for update with no problem, but not connect to server until I disable firewall.
I'm somehow protected by my router but I want to use my firewall when I'm online.
I use Norton360.

It uses mostly the default port (80) but firewalls sometimes don't like UDP protocol. So allow UDP communication on port 80.

However, FNG sometimes can use different ports also. Check ports it uses (search for a free port watch tool) and tell the firewall to unblock them for UDP.

Back