Forex News Trading Plans for Week 44, Oct 27 – Nov 2 2013

pls peter can u allow more 2-star news to appear on the forex news gun

Actually 2-star events don't move market enough to lower risk significantly so in a conservative strategy I don't recommend them. However, if you have good experiences with one or another please share with us.

In the FNG Trading Plans, the names of the news releases stated here here differ from the names in the connected FNG console. For example, here it reads: "Core Retail Sales" but on the FNG console it reads: US Adjusted Retail Sales Less Autos." ???

I am finding it difficult to match the FNG trading plan with the correct corresponding name in the FNG console. Am I misunderstanding something or could the naming convention be more congruent?FNG-Capture.jpg

In the FNG Trading Plans, the names of the news releases stated here here differ from the names in the connected FNG console. For example, here it reads: "Core Retail Sales" but on the FNG console it reads: US Adjusted Retail Sales Less Autos." ???

I am finding it difficult to match the FNG trading plan with the correct corresponding name in the FNG console. Am I misunderstanding something or could the naming convention be more congruent?View attachment 11860

I agree with you, it would be more convenient to have the same names both places. We are working on the issue (at least new developments will solve this also soon) but until then you can find Forex News Gun client names in trade plans like this:

--–––––————— FNG configuration —————–––––--

Release name in FNG client: US Adjusted Retail Sales Less Autos

yes they dont move market enough but i have been monitoring them along with 3-star news as well they always change trend for a short wile and sometimes like 10pips in 3 to 4 min or 5min candle so i want to be using them as y entry to determine the short trend to catch like 5pips on each of them and we can get like 30 events like that in a month and you can imagine 30 events in a month and each gives 5pips or more depending on the trend if the release of the news is along with the current trend one can get more than 30pips for the entry and at those time never will there be slippage or widening of spread....so pls include then in the events on fng let me keep on with my research....thank you ARNOLD.

I just upgraded to 1.0.13 and when I try 'Connect....' I'm getting Server Not Responding on my VPS in New York, but the same FNG client is working on my home PC. The previous version used to work on my VPS.....so what has changed between this version and the previous one that would cause this issue?

I just upgraded to 1.0.13 and when I try 'Connect....' I'm getting Server Not Responding on my VPS in New York, but the same FNG client is working on my home PC. The previous version used to work on my VPS.....so what has changed between this version and the previous one that would cause this issue?

I got the same issue.. How to solve this?
It works on home PC but won't work on remote desktop.

One question. Do anybody makes news trading constantly profitable more than one, two, maybe three months? I had just one broker which allowed me to news trading, but when I made $600 profit he started me filling with slippage. I tested a lot of broker, but I stuck in the middle of bad brokers. You dont need to tell me which, but just tell me that there are still brokers which allow this type of trading :)

Thanks

There are plenty of brokers that "allow" this type of trading, but being able to be profitable is another story (like at your current broker). Yes, there are brokers out there where you can make money with this type of trading. It's used to be easy, but that was years ago. Now it's much more difficult because the brokers got smart. If they are a market maker , they lose money when you make it, so given they are not stupid, it's easy to do the math on that one.

Finding a good broker for news is something you have to work at, and it's likely you'll have to change brokers many times (I have and I've been dong this since 2007).

And even though you said "you don't need to tell me which", for the benefit of anyone else, no, I won't be naming any brokers here or in PM's. But best wishes and I hope you make good money doing this...

Thank you!

I agree with you, it would be more convenient to have the same names both places. We are working on the issue (at least new developments will solve this also soon) but until then you can find Forex News Gun client names in trade plans like this:

--–––––————— FNG configuration —————–––––--

Release name in FNG client: US Adjusted Retail Sales Less Autos

Thanks, I knew you must have had a way to clarify this.

Pls i want to ask about trading interest rate. I see you gave the expected deviation. What if there's no change in figure at all. What should we do

Back