Forex News Trading Plans for Week 49, Nov 30 – Dec 6 2014

FNG late?

Hi,
I just wanted to know if there was a delay in the FNG news release of IVEY PMI CAD today. I didn't get the news update until about 18 seconds after 10:00. It was way too late and FNG triggered my platform to do a sell too late - I was out the money. If FNG was late getting the news to me, does this happen very often?

Hello Peter,
its nice and great to share from this particular forum. and i must say thanks for what you are doing as it is touching lives and giving value to trading. Please i would like to ask from you this favor. and not a forex trader rather i am a Binary options person.

i saw someone using this your posts to trade binary option and sir, i would ask if you can give triggers and ways to trade this your post on a 30 Minutes expiry binary option. i would be glad to learn.

I trade binary options and trade economic announcements weekly. This is the easiest method and closest to assured profit if carried out correctly in binary options trading.

Depending on the report and its expected effect on the market and currency, you can set this up two ways. One, trade starts before announcement and ends right after or you enter right at announcement and catch the wave in the right direction. You need a very non latent platform and broker for the latter method.

For the former, it can be setup as such:

Usd/jpy call/put 20 minutes prior to announcemenr with expiration 10 minutes after announcement or you can call or put 300 second binary option 4 or 5 minutes prior to announcement. This will expire right when the spike is over if you use the 3 minutes purchase prior or even better since we only care it is higher or lower then the price purchased use the 4 minutes purchase prior and one minute after expiration. I have never seen it in a volatile spike retrace the entire spike in either the 120 seconds or 60 seconds. I choose 60 seconds only because it's less risky. In order to trade this first method you have to have a good understanding of where you think the resulting numbers will fall. So, it's riskier if you are not sure if it will be a good or bad report in terms of usd/jpy for Us or not. Most good trade analysts will give you their expected outcome and most of the time they are right. What we don't know sometimes is the total affect of the announcement and that is usually where trades go bad because the spike is hardly a spike in any direction so even if you get the direction right your entry price might not be good enough to sustain a low volatility reaction in the market.

With thst said you can trade like forex and the way it's explained in this post but you need to set up your trade with the exception of direction and buy so when the announcement occurs and you immediately determine the direction that you get in right away. If you do not and you either purchase after the spike and before the first retracement or after spike and first retracement, you might not be able to with stand the second retracement levels. Using this method, I only purchase the 60 second option in the direction of the spike and I can say I never lost a trade where the direction was correct. You just need to be careful but fast because unlike forex you can't control your exit and that is where most binary options traders get slammed. You have a few seconds to determine direction then you have just a few more to purchase the trade correctly before it's too late.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Back