FOREX PRO Weekly April 02-06, 2012

aud d1.gifaud h4.gif

AUD USD
Hi
im am lookong for the same. On daily we have agreement. Trend on macd holds bearish but we see divergence. To be more sure, i will wait for that option on h4. If it will brake this chanell then i will be lookong for long positions.

Sebastian

View attachment 5177View attachment 5178

AUD USD
Hi
im am lookong for the same. On daily we have agreement. Trend on macd holds bearish but we see divergence. To be more sure, i will wait for that option on h4. If it will brake this chanell then i will be lookong for long positions.

Sebastian

Weekly trend is up, but do note that market is not oversold and has just rebounded at 38.2% retracement from 0.98363-1.08536 . It would be better to wait for Stoch bull signal before entering long. It is still very much possible for further downtrend towards 1.033x-1.034x (complements with Stoch bullish cross signal) before bullish reversal takes place.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, this is EUR/USD thread, guess its not very nice to discuss AUD/USD in here ;)

Weekly trend is up, but do note that market is not oversold and has just rebounded at 38.2% retracement from 0.98363-1.08536 . It would be better to wait for Stoch bull signal before entering long. It is still very much possible for further downtrend towards 1.033x-1.034x (complements with Stoch bullish cross signal) before bullish reversal takes place.

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, this is EUR/USD thread, guess its not very nice to discuss AUD/USD in here ;)

Thank you for your input.
I look at this Thread as an educational Thread and I take the opportunity of posting some patterns if I saw them, regardless of the pair. If this is not appropriate, I am sorry.

Thank you for your input.
I look at this Thread as an educational Thread and I take the opportunity of posting some patterns if I saw them, regardless of the pair. If this is not appropriate, I am sorry.

This is most welcome to post analysis on any pair here. As Georgeta said - this is educational part of forum, so here is mostly important patterns themselves, and secondary importance to where they have appeared. ;)

This is most welcome to post analysis on any pair here. As Georgeta said - this is educational part of forum, so here is mostly important patterns themselves, and secondary importance to where they have appeared. ;)

Cool..thanks for the clarification Sive. It's all good Georgeta ;)

By the way, thanks Sive once again for the insightful analysis as always! I had a pipful day and a good start for the week! :cool:

OHLC

Mr. Morten,
I have a big issue with the OHLC of the brokers. They are very different so I cannot trust some of the patterns, especially intraday, not to mention Predictor ;). I posted an example bellow. Is there anything to do about this?

Attachments

• audengulfing.gif
    audengulfing.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 34
  • auds.gif
    auds.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 25
Hi Mr Sive,

A quick question. I'm not sure if this is found in Dinapoli's book (have yet to finish reading it). I have been trying to study historical intraday charts and understanding the correlation of depth of retracement vs depth of price movement and price action. Is there a rule of thumb that we should adhere to when assessing how deep the retracement should go given 2 price points of swing high and low?

P.S: My apologies if this question sounds silly or has been answered before :D

Mr. Morten,
I have a big issue with the OHLC of the brokers. They are very different so I cannot trust some of the patterns, especially intraday, not to mention Predictor ;). I posted an example bellow. Is there anything to do about this?

Hi Georgeta, the only pill that I know is to trade futures. I suppose you can't eliminate this any other way. Or, you may download futures quotes to Excel or Metastock, program neccesary indicators and control what was really happened on previous trading day. But I see this way not very comfortable.

Hi Mr Sive,

A quick question. I'm not sure if this is found in Dinapoli's book (have yet to finish reading it). I have been trying to study historical intraday charts and understanding the correlation of depth of retracement vs depth of price movement and price action. Is there a rule of thumb that we should adhere to when assessing how deep the retracement should go given 2 price points of swing high and low?

P.S: My apologies if this question sounds silly or has been answered before :D

I'm not sure that I understand your question correctly. But if you ask do we have to take only max and min of swing to calculate Fib levels, then answer is yes.

Hi Georgeta, the only pill that I know is to trade futures. I suppose you can't eliminate this any other way. Or, you may download futures quotes to Excel or Metastock, program neccesary indicators and control what was really happened on previous trading day. But I see this way not very comfortable.

I'm not sure that I understand your question correctly. But if you ask do we have to take only max and min of swing to calculate Fib levels, then answer is yes.

oh in simpler words, what i meant was that given 2 points, swing high and low, how do we judge how deep the retracement "should" go to, be it 38.2, 50.0 or 61.8 or even 100%?

oh in simpler words, what i meant was that given 2 points, swing high and low, how do we judge how deep the retracement "should" go to, be it 38.2, 50.0 or 61.8 or even 100%?

Hm. These points can't answer on this question. It mostly depends on power of the thrust and trend strength and some other conditions. For example, how market is oversold or overbought.

Back