FOREX PRO Weekly April 23-27, 2012

sorry forgot to answer the '17' question... just because it gives better signals than the default (20) at least works for me.

cheers for reply.
I use 12 as the first setting for any charts below 4H. Will check out how 17 fits.
im so nooby i dont really get options and how i can use them as info. If the price got to 1.31 the 4H macd would have become bear ish. Would that make a bounce from there unlikely?

ps. why 17, and do you use other indicators to confirm bollinger signals?
Mag

forget the update! ;) watch that 61.8% on H1. if we break it, then TP = slightly before the MPP. and if 61.8 holds, then get ready for the downswing that will complete the right wing of the buy gartley/butterfly under formation.

I am wondering whatever happened to today's update?

also, on e/j H1 macd et al. are pointing upwards. so is price action with what seems to be a double bottom: 106.68 and 106.80 need to be broken significantly. if so, e/j up, and e/u probably will be supported by that at least.

Regarding the MACD indicator that Sive uses...

That version of MACD is based directly and exclusively on the work of Joe DiNapoli. Sive bought the book, took the courses, and had the algorithm written into a custom indicator that he personally uses. Anyone who has a legal copy of a book or course describing a custom indicator could do this.

As I understand copyright law, creating a derivative work like this for your own use is OK. Selling or even giving it away to others without permission of the original author is not OK.

If anyone has any independently created versions of MACD that don't violate any copyrights, those can be shared. Please don't give them the same name as DiNapoli's special MACD. Everyone needs to know that they won't work exactly the same as DiNapoli's version.

Last edited:
Hi Sive,

First of all thank you so much for your exceptional Daily analysis...Its a great Help for New Traders like me and also the more experienced ones alike...

As regards the MACD, I use it a lot in trying to understand the Price Movements, I use MT4 Platform, I just wanted to know if you have made available the MACDP here for your followers...? If yes, how can I download and use it? Kindly reply me...

Thank a ton once again...

God Bless

Irfan

Back