FOREX PRO Weekly April 23-27, 2012

If u talk about spikes....if u give quotes...if u say "Oh its not moving" ...ANY statement, without a chart is pointless for the education of other members. Whoever comes 2 or 20 hours later and checks the forum has no clue what you are talking about. this is an educational forum so please if you are going to have a conversation between two people and forget about the rest of the community I say u use MSN. I repeat...giving quotes when everybody has different brokers is pointless, talking about movements( bounces, energy gathering , etc) without a chart...a time frame is pointless. think about the rest. There's a chatroom some members of the forum use regularly during EU and US session at Mibbit. Chatroom name is #FPASteamroom.

ok
Firstly,
let me begin my reply with an apology about the sarcasm in the last two lines of my last message. Im old enough to know better.
Secondly, none of my posts were meant to cause negativity,or be exclusive to one other member, but i can see now that many would be better in a chatroom as you suggest.
Indeed,I believe this sentiment was expressed in post42, which ends with the open invitation "any comments greatly appreciated"

I had assumed that all readers of this forum were following the price of this intraday so were aware of the context of my comments. Thankyou for pointing out the great utility of a chart and refence to timeframe etc for educational purposes. You are correct but ANY statement? i.e post 47 is as you say bereft of these details, but considering the context of the thread and the timestamp of the post, and that the move up happened on all timeframes, was it so obtuse that it meant nothing to anyone?
I am , as you have suggested, thinking about the rest.
I would appreciate other members opinions on this matter as i think DAmien has made some important points

Last edited:
all i can say is double check your chart again. mine is fine. but if indeed you have no candle at around 6.44 GMT hitting 3174, then i'd ask some serious questions to your broker and put the fear of god into them.

who is your broker by the way?

on an unrelated note, i just experienced some major internet connectivity issues in the past 2 hours. there is seems to have been some major widespread internet disruption--my broker notified me and gave me this URL where you can find real-time data: Details for North America /// Internet Traffic Report

cheers.

Triantus, may i ask for assistance on the subject of chart data once again?
I notice on fxstreet news, at 6.45GMT the 3.174 is established.

"Forex: EUR/USD rallies to 1.3174

Tue, Apr 24 2012, 06:44 GMT | FXstreet.com"

I check my provider`s charts, on which 3.174 is hit at 07:33 GMT

Do I take from this that my provider has a 40 plus minute window on my future? That seems massively out of whack!
Any comments greatly appreciated.

also take a look at akamai's site (20%+ of all internet traffic goes through them): select 'attacks' and the map will display red zone where there have above average attacks on the internet in the past 24hrs. something has been going on. can't wait to see the headlines tomorrow.

here is the link: Real-time Web Monitor

It is not a matter of black or white when I say ANY statement. I don't think it meant nothing to anyone as u say now. I'm sure it meant something to the person you where chatting (see the difference between chatting and sharing questions/answers on an educational forum to the whole community?) . However...post 47 as you point out..is exactly the kind of thing that means nothing to me without a proper chart. A spike..a huge move for u.. can be a little retracement to another trader. So what's the point of sharing that kind of thoughts without a chart?
on post 47 U said " what about that move up, it was quite brisk and strong
Is there a concearn it will be wiped out by US home sales report at 3.00pm GMT 10.00am EDT? " .

"that move up" ...I ain't looking at your screen matie. that's what im talking about.
When somebody says.."it's not moving" ...how about drawing i dunno...a triangle or any other pattern of energy gathering to show the rest? it's not moving on wich time frame?
To finish...my suggestion about using a chatroom was after a series of 7 or 8 post that looked like a private conversation (JUST LIKE THIS ONE btw) and not to a specific comment, so it's not personal. I wouldn't break anyone balls for just a single comment.
Ok dude...this is my last message regarding this subject on this thread...any other thing i gotta say about it ill send do it through private messages. cheers.

ok
Firstly,
let me begin my reply with an apology about the sarcasm in the last two lines of my last message. Im old enough to know better.
Secondly, none of my posts were meant to cause negativity,or be exclusive to one other member, but i can see now that many would be better in a chatroom as you suggest.
Indeed,I believe this sentiment was expressed in post42, which ends with the open invitation "any comments greatly appreciated"

I had assumed that all readers of this forum were following the price of this intraday so were aware of the context of my comments. Thankyou for pointing out the great utility of a chart and refence to timeframe etc for educational purposes. You are correct but ANY statement? i.e post 47 is as you say bereft of these details, but considering the context of the thread and the timestamp of the post, and that the move up happened on all timeframes, was it so obtuse that it meant nothing to anyone?
I am , as you have suggested, thinking about the rest.
I would appreciate other members opinions on this matter as i think DAmien has made some important points

Wow, facinating stuff about the internet, im sure lots of members will be pleased to know that info.
Thanks for picking up that query about my provider(finspreads) I checked on "intellichart" (provided by fxstreet.com) and they show 1.3173 at 02:45 ET (06:45 GMT) so thats consistent.
My provider is Finspreads. I checked the chart again and the high on M2 was 3.156, then a push upto (worried about using the word spike ) 3.1708 at 07:02 GMT.
The fist time it got to 1.3174 was at 07:42 GMT on the Finspreads chart.
Unless i am being even more incompetant than i appear, it could be FSA time!

No need Damien, you have really made your point and im wize enough to learn from it, as im sure anyone else reading it is, should they make similar errors to my catalogue.

Hi Guys, I am new to FPA & this is my first post. I am also fairly new to forex and there is far that I don't know, than that I do know. However, in my innocence, I wonder if I might be able to help with regard to the debate about the timing that EUR/USD hit 1.3174.
I have two trading providers and both show that it did so at 'Apr 24 07:44 GMT + 0100'
Please note GMT + 1. I am in UK and we are currently in DST [Daylight Saving Time or Summertime].
When reading this topic, I immediately thought that it was an hour different, so I wonder if it could be simply that somewhere there is confusion between GMT and GMT + 1?
Just trying to help

Hey thanks that might well be it and explain such a discrepancy.
the news report on fxstreet reads as follows
"Forex: EUR/USD rallies to 1.3174

Tue, Apr 24 2012, 06:44 GMT | FXstreet.com"

Their charts run on ET. would the above read 06:44 GMT+1 if you were right?

thanks for that insight!

Back