FOREX PRO Weekly August 13-17, 2012

ah sorry i didn't ask him because i was able to get in after a while... i think it's just that the server is overloaded what with all the people trying to take a look at his charts.

ok here is the link to the new thread i started in the 'beginner's bootcamp' section.

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...lping-any-currencies-post97026.html#post97026

this is in response to people who were asking me what my setup is and so on. it's hard to put into words, but i tried. hope you can make sense of it. and i know, i didn't clean up some charts--the ones with all the horizontal fib lines. but you can easily set up your charts the same way with and without fib lines and the chart will look very nice and clear.

so good luck and let's make some pips! damn it! ;)

Last edited:
Hi Triantus,
Thanks for sharing you set up but pls can u share the DPO indicator & how do u make use of it pls which forex broker do you trade with. Finally can U share Pivot indicator(Classical pattern) that u are using, I usually calculate my Pivot points using exel spread sheet.
Thanks.

Last edited:
ochills

you can download DPO from MT4's library site. the easiest and fastest way to do so is to do:

ctrl-n: this opens the indicator navigator inside of MT4
then expand the 'Custom Indicators' tree
then right click any of the indicators in the list and choose the 'Modify' option; this opens MetaEditor. at the bottom of the editor window you should see an 'Online Library' tab. click on that and enter 'DPO' or 'Detrended Price Oscillator' in the search field and you should get the return you are looking for.

as regards pivot indicators, i use 2:

'ZMFX all pivot levels', which can be found in the MT4 online library (and only enable the monthly pivots)

and the 2nd pivot indicator i use i found on the IBFX site here: https://www.ibfx.com/Tools/Pivots and only use daily and weekly.

alterrnatively you can always see the pivots here: EUR/USD Pivot Points - Forex Analysis, Currency Forecast, FX Trading Signal - Action Forex

to learn how to use DPO, go here: Technical Indicators and Overlays - ChartSchool - StockCharts.com and try to think about it by watching how patterns form on the price chart and on the indicator itself; it's easy and you'll quickly see what the hell is going on ;-)

finally, i use MB Trading. before anyone asks me how/why etc.... let me just say that execution speed and fill accuracy is top notch. for those who want to do black box trading and/or HFT, this broker also offers VPS so you can collocate your EA(s) next to the broker's order server: this means you get an extra speed advantage as opposed to having your execute order travel all across the ocean (if you live, say, in europe or asia).

BUT unfortunately your EA(s) can only be MT4 EA(s) and the MT4 host runs on freakin' windows. so cross fingers and hope it doesn't crash too often.

also, if you happen to have a european passport, you can enjoy the advantages of an account in luxembourg with the following broker: WH Selfinvest. supposedly STP and a great trading platform, way better than MT4--plenty of EAs available, and you can write your own and actually create systems by just using dialog boxes instead of coding. anyways, i watched the videos on youtube, heard a lot of good things about them, but haven't tried them myself yet.

cheers
Hi Triantus,
Thanks for sharing you set up but pls can u share the DPO indicator & how do u make use of it pls which forex broker do you trade with. Finally can U share Pivot indicator(Classical pattern) that u are using, I usually calculate my Pivot points using exel spread sheet.
Thanks.

Last edited:
4hr .jpg1hr.jpg

1hr and 4hr

Back