FOREX PRO Weekly December 05-09, 2011

Sive

if i were to say that a close on the daily above the mid-BB at 3429 is a sign of further uptrend in the short term, would i be mistaken?
No, this will not be mistake. 1.3430 is K-resistance. If everything is OK, market should not take it right after just hitting of 0.618 target. It could be pierced, but it should hold.

Very probable scenario more over as we know in december trading things like that happen! On 1h possibility for RRT ?
Yep, very nice, but probably W&R of 1.3360 low...

Dear Sive and All,
A little late in the week for a quick note that I will come back hopefully during the week-end. My thesis is that the Eurozone is moving full speed into disintegration. The problem is not Greece or Italy, Portugal Spain and Ireland. The problem is the Eurozones inability to face the crisis in a way that reflects the ideals that supposedly underline the creation of the Eurounion. This is the last chance to take action (and the German-French solution taken in isolation obviously does not solve any problems. In other words I agree with our medium term targets of below 1.2 as long term we might not have a Euro to trade.
Regards to all and especially to you Sive for giving and offcourse Felix!!!

Hi Onenikos, thanks for update. You've just confirmed some thoughts that we've discused here. There are two things that have to be done to remain EU intact as it is now:
1. Ability to ECB print money and buy back all problem debts;
2. Partially divest problem countries of their fiscal independency, so that, for example Germany, France or some EU authority has a possibility to control budget spendings of these countries.
Otherwise it will be difficult to safe EU as we know it now.

Big boring mrning ... finally i Trigger something :D :rolleyes: love sive sir

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 41
Definitely has been from time of memorial,at least some us aew aware and avoid the tricks from these tricksters!!!

Asif

EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 07, December 2011

Good morning,
so, guys, in two words - this is probably huge trap for bears. Now let's turn to details.

First, on daily time frame we can see, that market has closed above the pivot and breaks our expectation about bearish dynamic pressure, since we see some signs of bullish price action. It tells us that move to 1.3620-1.3670 becomes more probable that even yesterday.
Trend holds bullish.

But most important stuff holds on 4 hour and hourly chart.
4-hour trend is also bullish. Yesterday move down has been held at 0.618 support and then market has moved above pivot, shifted trend. This is bullish price action, especially holding of 0.618 support level. WE need to see nice breakout of low at 1.3333 to speak again about bearish environment.

Now we pass to most intriquing things - hourly time frame.
Trend is bullish. We see nice W&R of previous lows and MACD Divergence. But these are minor things.
Major things are:
remember our AB-CD downside pattern. We've said that market just has hit 0.618 target and retracement should not be deep - reaching of 1.3420 K-resistance as maximum. Initially this was really so. But take a look what has happened next -

Market was not able to continue move down. Instead of that it has reversed and now is forming smaller upward AB-CD, but take a look the way how it is forming it! Reaching of 0.618 target and retesting of K-resistance without any respect.
Second, we can see absolutely unnatural price action now as a bearish wedge. But don't be decieved by it. Wedges are exhausted patterns and very often agrees with MACD divergences, but here we see absolutely curious parallel lines of MACD and strong upward momentum.

That's being said, I probably treat overall current action as strong "bear trap" and expect explosive move to the upside. This could be reall Doom and Gloom, so be careful with stops. Better to use smaller lot and farer stops in nearest time.

Attachments

• EUR_1H_07_12_11.PNG
    EUR_1H_07_12_11.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 55
  • EUR_4H_07_12_11.PNG
    EUR_4H_07_12_11.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 46
  • EUR_D_07_12_11.PNG
    EUR_D_07_12_11.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 52
That's being said, I probably treat overall current action as strong "bear trap" and expect explosive move to the upside. This could be reall Doom and Gloom, so be careful with stops. Better to use smaller lot and farer stops in nearest time.

however, sive, i find myself confused re-reading your post. could you please specifiy what you mean by 'doom&gloom'?

d&g for the bears because the buy stops will be hit and trigger a massive short squeeze?

or d&g for the bulls because the price might whipsaw up&down brutally taking out sell stops before resuming upwards?

however, sive, i find myself confused re-reading your post. could you please specifiy what you mean by 'doom&gloom'?

d&g for the bears because the buy stops will be hit and trigger a massive short squeeze?

or d&g for the bulls because the price might whipsaw up&down brutally taking out sell stops before resuming upwards?

Mostly the second, I suppose. I can't tell for 100% of cause, and just want to warn you that this is possible. Although all seems quite now - I do not see any volatility growth yet.
but when market stands calm - this is dangerous.

sive

i got 1 more question... i was taking a look at H1 and i see something eerily similar to a possible 3-drive buy pattern in formation... CD leg started with the reversal from around 3453... well, of course, anything is possible BUT i would like to check with you whether i am looking at the chart correctly or just need to lay off the whiskey while trading ;-).

Hi Sive,

I see trendline breakout on H1, also H4. I'm not sure whether it is fake breakout or not. But it seems to me bear still lead the point. Also market has reach 100% extention ABCD and turn to the downside.

One more thing, market start to talk about EZ break up more louder than before (I think). In fact there are some peoples just starting to prepare for contigency plan if break up truly happen.

I still hold my short position from monday. The good thing is my trade is riskless now but still the bad thing is, by holding this position, I still can't watch the movies yet.

How many of you guys still hold short position?

Thanks and Best Regards.

Attachments

• trendline break.jpg
    trendline break.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 12
  • fibo ext.jpg
    fibo ext.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
i just reversed and entered short @ 3409 and added up on the break of fib 61.8% [3334-3454] as i believe that this will complete the CD leg of a 3-drive buy at, at least, around 3303 which is the 127.2%.

if that level holds, reverse buy and target 342x or so.

Back