FOREX PRO Weekly, December 20-24, 2010

Merry Christmas Sive

Hi Sive, I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Thank you for your everyday's work for us.
Max

Happy Holidays, Sive!

Sive,
I would like to wish you happy holidays and since I suspect that you (just like me) view the New Year as one of the most heart-warming holidays, I wish you Happy New Year, luck and happiness to you and yours, and of course thank you very much for your time, patience and miraculously competent and accurate analysis.

Oleg

Thanks, guys.
I've also posted my wishes to you in the root of the thread. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
But, researches will be published without pauses ;)

Good work Sive as usual.

Hi Sive,
pls in EUR/USD one hour chart b4 2day down move, price touches 1.3150 b4 a strong move down(bear) likewise the same with GBP/USD.
pls in EUR/USD there is a formation bearish butterfly.
1 can one consider this formation as a failure now base on upward retracement of price.

Good morning,
Yesterday market as formed an inside trading day compares to Tue. Usually, it leads to strong moves in one or other direction sooner rather than later, but on the eve of the holidays, this expactation could be skewed. Market could coiling and stays thin due to this reason. So, be careful - better to reduce trading volume or stay aside.
Also on daily time frame MACD Predictor failure is still possible, may be it will form today. In this case we can count on move to 1.34 area - daily Confluence resistance and 0.618 target.
on 4-hour and hourly chart we see another bullish sign - market has not reached 100% expansion target from couple different ABC's patterns and turn to upside. Also you can see that it has not touched the lower border of bullish wedge. This is a bullish sign.
On the last hourly chart we can see nice Butterfly Sell is forming with the target around 1.3250 area. So, if you still intend to take this signal, better place stops below 0.618 support from the last swing up. If butterfly will fail you will not loose much. But if you will be right - 1.3250 is a solid move.

Sive:
What settings do you use on your MACD?
:)

EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 24, December 2010

Good morning, everybody
Today is a Christmas' eve, so we will take a fast look on the market
On daily time frame there is nothing really new. Yesterday was an Japan Imperior burthday, today is Christmas eve, so this is a most quiet time in the year and I do not expect any solid moves on the market.

Yesterday, we've talked about upside butterfly on hourly chart - it has failed, then appears another one, but to the downside, that has also failed.
It leads to developing of downward trading range. As you can see on the chart, market has not quite reached 100% expansion at 1.3040 area. I prefer to talk about any meaningful retarcement up only after it will reach it.
At the same time, we see MACDP failure pattern, so possibly market will reach 1.3150-1.3160 area today. But if you would like to trade today, don't marry to any possition - only scalptrade at 30-min chart I suppose.

Attachments

• EUR_4H_24_12_10.PNG
    EUR_4H_24_12_10.PNG
    50.1 KB · Views: 90
Thanks Sive

Thanks Sive
U have answer my qestion in today analysis.
thanks.
happy xmas and new year in advance

Good morning, everybody
Today is a Christmas' eve, so we will take a fast look on the market
On daily time frame there is nothing really new. Yesterday was an Japan Imperior burthday, today is Christmas eve, so this is a most quiet time in the year and I do not expect any solid moves on the market.

Yesterday, we've talked about upside butterfly on hourly chart - it has failed, then appears another one, but to the downside, that has also failed.
It leads to developing of downward trading range. As you can see on the chart, market has not quite reached 100% expansion at 1.3040 area. I prefer to talk about any meaningful retarcement up only after it will reach it.
At the same time, we see MACDP failure pattern, so possibly market will reach 1.3150-1.3160 area today. But if you would like to trade today, don't marry to any possition - only scalptrade at 30-min chart I suppose.

Sive:

Good analysis for today.
Thaks and Enjoy!
:)

Compliment of the season Mr sive! Please what do you use as settings for MACD and its brief esplanation? Thanking you in advance for your usual kind response to our trading success. Toby

Back