FOREX PRO Weekly, January 24-28, 2011

a frank Question.

greeting to everyone, Mr. Sive thanks for the great Tech. Analysis your offer thats very educational to everyone, i'm wondering if you consider news as an impact? and does news shift the analysis in another direction for you?
kind regards

Hello Sive,
The 3x3 moving average that you refer to a lot. Is that a simple or exponential moving average?
Thanks

3 period Simple MA, shifted fwrd for 3 periods.

greeting to everyone, Mr. Sive thanks for the great Tech. Analysis your offer thats very educational to everyone, i'm wondering if you consider news as an impact? and does news shift the analysis in another direction for you?
kind regards

Absolutely. It will be foolish from my side do not take into consideration news, especially like today's GDP release...
I try do not have any short-term positions during imortant data release. For instance if I have some open positions due hourly context or even lower time frames, I try to close them prior release, or at least tight stops.

If I have long-term positions, that based on daily or even weekly time frame, I can hold them through data release. But I rare hold positions longer than 3-4days, because I also do not like to hold them through weekend.
I find that for me optimal trade holding time is intraday till 2 days.
I try to use 3-period rule: If market does not follow your expectation in three
periods - better get out. Although this rule can lead you to missing some nice moves, that could start on 4-5 period ;), also it definitely will save a lot of money.

Mister Modesty

Concerning the targets - now we have only 0.9750 possible target - this is 1.27 one from hourly butterfly. But, possibly we will see shallow targets, when market will show some ABC's...

Hi Sive, thanks for your work...
You again our Mister Modesty - if 0.94 level will stand now than 0.92 level with high probability will be lowest level for next 10-15-20 years! :)
So what must be our true target?

Double Repo Signal GBP JPY

Hello Sive Morten. I being following GBP JPY and its giving DR Sell Signal. I'm wating for the breaking of the 129.90 support area (K) area. To go short to 125.15 Target. Why don't you post your answer to this analysis to see if I'm Correct.

Regards,

FXDominicano

Last edited:
Back