FOREX PRO Weekly January 28- February 01, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Trend holds bullish, next major resistance level is 1.3834 and monthly overbought. At the same time, as it was noted on previous week, we have to pay attention to 1.3486 level. This level is significant by two reasons. It coincides with 50% resistance and second - this level is a kind of quality test for current upward move, since this is a high of most recent swing down. We know that when market forms swing up that is greater than previous swing down – this might be an indication of reversal. Particularly by that mean – 1.3486 is significant, and market will open right around it on next week.
Taking a look at very big picture, current upward move could become just another bounce from all time 50% support at 1.21 area. The first test and bounce from this area has taken place in summer of 2010, as you can see on the chart. In very long-term perspective it could mean that market is challenging 1.21 area. So it could bounce ones, twice, but bounces should start to fade and sooner or later this level could be broken.
So, major idea of monthly chart – we have bullish sentiment. If market will pass through 1.35 area – next resistance and target is 1.3830.

eur_m_28_01_13.gif

Weekly
Trend holds bullish here, as well as price action. Market stands above MPR1, so I do not have pivots on this chart. Price has accomplished our first condition that we’ve announced on previous research – “since market has hit 0.618 extension – any retracement will be OK, if it will be tight”. That has happened – market has flirted a bit with this level by tight rectangle consolidation and yesterday, finally, we’ve got upward continuation. Still, here we stand in a bit tricky situation. Since market already has passed above 0.618, then it’s logical next destination is 1.0 extension at 1.3780 area – in Agreement with major 5/8 resistance at 1.3830. There is no overbought and Fib levels ahead. From another point of view – we stand at natural 1.3486 resistance, that is also 50% level, as we’ve noted above, and, take a look – 1.618 extension of BC leg. Rather solid barrier, isn’t it? Usually you never know how market will deal with it, because from the Fib work standpoint – they are minor levels. Market very rare retraces from 1.618 extension of BC leg of AB=CD patterns. So, market could pass them as they not exist or some retracement could happen. That’s why it is always better to have some patterns on lower time frames that could give you more accurate information on how to deal with it, where to place stop and where to enter.
Another unpleasant moment with this AB=CD is slow CD leg.
eur_w_28_01_13.gif

Daily
Daily time frame does not give us more clarification, it just confirms that we at resistance. Trend is bullish here, market is not at overbought. Current level is recent AB=CD target and 1.27 extension of previous AB=CD as well. So, probably it will better to take a look at lower time frames…
eur_d_28_01_13.gif

4-hour
I think that 4-hour chart is our major picture for beginning of the week. First, is because we have a pattern here. That is bearish butterfly. Price has passed above its 1.27 extension, so it’s very probable that resistance should appear around 1.618 – 1.3495 area. Butterfly will be treated as worked pattern, if market will show even 3/8 retracement from its completion point. We, in turn, also do not want to get deep retracement, and weekly pivots will become our major assitance. Take a look that nearest 3/8 support coincides with WPP, while WPS1 stands between 1.3310-1.3346 area. We know that when market stands in a bull trend – WPS1 should hold possible retracement. Hence, even move to WPS1 will not mean that bullish trend is over (if it will not lead to H&S pattern, for example). Still, I prefer tight retracement to get confidence with bullish strength, I mean pullback only to WPP, because deeper move, for example to WPS1 will keep door open for appearing of bearish patterns and make right decision will be more difficult.
Anyway, major conclusion here is to not enter long right now, wait a pullback. Perfectly, if it will happen only to WPP. To take short position at butterfly sell or not – that choice is up to you.

eur_4h_28_01_13.gif

1-hour
This chart could be useful mostly for those of you who intends take short position on butterfly pattern. Here context is forming for possible DRPO “Sell” pattern. Market could form higher second top of DRPO and complete butterfly 1.618 target and turn to retracement. Minimum target of DRPO is 50% support of its thrust – stands near WPP.

eur_1h_28_01_13.gif

Conclusion:
In a big picture bias holds bullish. Price now stands near the level that probably not as important from technical point of view as from sentiment analysis. Next major long-term target is 1.3830 area.
In a shorter term perspective, price stands at resistance and could show downward retracement. Preferably is, if it will stop at WPP. Those of you, who intends to take scalp short position on 4-hour Butterfly Sell, probably should keep an eye on hourly DRPO pattern that could trigger the retracement down.

P.S. Personally, I like more GBP daily chart for trading in the beginning of the week...

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 29, January 2013

Good morning,
just few comments could be made on daily. We have inside trading session yesterday, market stands at significant resistance at 1.35 area. But situation on intraday charts are really exciting.

On 4-hour chart we see two significant moments. First is, market has not shown any retracement after hitting of 1.27 butterfly projection. Second - see long upward candle right to 1.27 target? Usually when market shows such sort of action - it could lead to further appreciation to 1.618.
Another moment - market is forming bullish pennant here.

On hourly chart price is forming another buttefly that has 1.27 target right at 1.618 of greater one on 4-hour chart. But from the other side, actually it does not matter how market will start pullback. The most important where this retracement will stop.
As we've noted in weekly research, logical and perfect destination will be 1.34 area. It also contains a support cluster - WPP, K-support and 1.27+1.618 targets of small hourly butterfly envelope this area as well.
The point is that deeper retracement will be unnatural and not friendly for bullish development. I tell you more - if we will get W&R on weekly chart of 1.35 area and deep retracement below 1.34, we could get drastical change on long-term charts. It will mean that current move up is not a reversal, but just a retracement. In this case we will have to forget about 1.38 and recall again 1.20 and possibly even 1.16 targets. (I suspect that there is very high probability of this).
So, here is our plan:
If you want you can bet on short from 1.35 area based on butterflies with target around 1.34
Positional traders should wait for 1.34 support area and catch possible reversal patterns around it.

Attachments

• eur_d_29_01_13.gif
    eur_d_29_01_13.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 112
  • eur_4h_29_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_29_01_13.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 121
  • eur_1h_29_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_29_01_13.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 30, January 2013

Good morning,
So, finally we at 1.35 resistance, precisely speakin' - 1.3486. Market has tested it and now is coiling around. All of us know the strength and significance of this level. Probably it will be some time of expectation, since now we do not have any information about how market will response it, what patterns will be formed and so on. Without it we will not be able to undertsand what to expect and what will follow next. On daily now we can just wait...
One thing still remains - if bulls are still dominating - market should not return right back inside of previous consolidation below 1.34.

Hence, our major attention will be on intraday charts. First is 4 hour. Here I see only two important things - as we've expected market at 1.618 Butterfly porjection and is forming bearish stop grabber, although I do not like this kind of them. Anyway, that's a possibility try to take a scalp short trade. Whether you will take position on stop grabber or butterfly - stop about 40 pips should be enough. We can't exclude that market just will pass through this area. This is also possible.

Also I have 2 hourly chart. On the first one we see divergence, reaching of 0.618 extension of minor AB-CD pattern and broadening top pattern, but I like mostly the second picture - bearish wedge, that could turn to 3-Drive Sell, as well...
No matter what pattern will be form - any of them are exhausting patterns that could trigger retracement down. So, keep an eye on them, if you will take any short position - protect them ASAP by B/E stop loss order.
That's being said - for positional traders its time to wait, for daily traders - watch for scalp trade patterns. Market could form a lot of them at significant levels ...

Attachments

• eur_d_30_01_13.gif
    eur_d_30_01_13.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 110
  • eur_4h_30_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_30_01_13.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 120
  • eur_1h_30_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_30_01_13.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 124
  • eur_1h1_30_01_13.gif
    eur_1h1_30_01_13.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 31, January 2013

Good morning,
looks like market has chosen reserve way - "no retracement at all". But I suspect that it is too early to take this statement. Monthly levels are significant and rather wide, so here we could get a surprises.
Still, I do not see any interesting on daily right now. Trend is bullish, no overbought. Probably market gravitates to 1.618 extension of initial AB-CD pattern at 1.3620 area. I suppose that we could need one week more to understand - whether it was real breakout or not. Or, conversly upward move above 1.3600 - 1.3650, something of this sort.

On 4-hour chart trend is bullish as well. There are two moments that I would like to discuss. First of all, we have classical flag and AB-CD pattern, that have destination points somewher around daily 1.618. But most significant here is butterfly failure. Just think - butterfly has failed right at significant resistance area. Does not this add points to bulls?

Despite the possible bore price actoin - we probalby will have to take passive view on current market. At my point of view, we still have a lack of clarity around this resistance, some more transparency is needed to say - yes this is real break and focus on 1.3830 target or to say - no, that is failure and W&R on weekly chart...

Until that will happen - better play with GBP: nice thrust, could be B&B "Sell" on daily.

Attachments

• eur_d_31_01_13.gif
    eur_d_31_01_13.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 103
  • eur_4h_31_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_31_01_13.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
GBP/USD Daily Update, Fri 01, February, 2013

Good morning,
well, I see real interest from you to GBP so I've decided to dedicate current update to it. Besides, situation in EUR currency has no interesting moment right now - price just has hit 1.618 extension of daily AB-CD pattern, so we need time to undertsand will it be here some reaction or not. Cable now gives us exciting setup for B&B "Sell" and hope we will be able to close it till the end of the day. I hope that NFP will help us :p

As I've said withing previous three trading sessions - GBP is buiding perfect setup for B&B "Sell". Market has formed perfect engulfing right at 1.27 extension of AB-CD pattern. Now it has reached major 3/8 resistance at 1.5866, that is also a WPR1 and natural resistance of previous swing low - see blue circle.

But, based on analysis of hourly chart I suppose that we should see short upward continuation to 1.5880-1.5890 area - that is an area between 1.618 extension of intial AB-CD and most recent AB=CD, as well as 1.27 - 1.618 area of current butterfly "Sell" on hourly chart. Probably we could use this pattern as triggering one for short entry.
Mininum target is 1.5760 Fib support. Still, since we are at the eve of macro data releases - be careful, protect your position before data release.

Attachments

• gbp_d_01_02_13.gif
    gbp_d_01_02_13.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 125
  • gbp_4h_01_02_13.gif
    gbp_4h_01_02_13.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 128
  • gbp_1h_01_02_13.gif
    gbp_1h_01_02_13.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Thanks Sive. Have you seen the 25x5 on the Monthly? Price is sitting right under it.
Could make significant resistance?

Sir thanks for clarify about Eur/Usd sir 1.5754 area looks still holding GBP/USD daily chrt fall's whats your view on it .. do you think will get a Retracement atleast too 6010 area before fall more ? indecision.gif

Hee Sive.

Not that bad that the charts are not in the text section.

Gives me some editing to do today.......GRACIAS, good job as always !!!

Last edited:
Thanks Sive. Have you seen the 25x5 on the Monthly? Price is sitting right under it.
Could make significant resistance?

Hi Squidge,
No, didn't take a look at it there... Yes, 25x5 is rather significant level on monthly..

Sir thanks for clarify about Eur/Usd sir 1.5754 area looks still holding GBP/USD daily chrt fall's whats your view on it .. do you think will get a Retracement atleast too 6010 area before fall more ? View attachment 8113

Actually I mean daily time frame... I do not know yet how far it could lead us, may be there will not be any retracement, but we at AB=CD target and we have excellent thrust down. This is perfect situation for DiNapoli directionals...

on gbpusd daily considering the fundamentals, i am counting on a BB pattern, after a retracement to 1,59 area (38.2% level of thrust down and sma200). agree sive?

Back