FOREX PRO Weekly January 28- February 01, 2013

Unrelated but I think we have confirmed B&B "Sell" on the Daily TF for GBP/USD. Correct me if I am wrong but we have now 3 periods on the daily TF for retracement and market has hit minor 3/8 resistance + WPR1. Yesterday's daily candle has pushed us above the 3x3 which is needed in order for B&B to be confirmed.

bb.png

yes and if u reduce the time frame to 30 min there's a butterfly sell, i guess... but i'm affraid to jump in before the uk news tomorrow.b30m.gif

yes and if u reduce the time frame to 30 min there's a butterfly sell, i guess... but i'm affraid to jump in before the uk news tomorrow.View attachment 8220

Well, you gotta take risk to make that money. Besides, if you play this B&B, you will have very tight stop. Right now market @ 1.5860.

WPR1 @ 1.5876 & Minor 3/8 is at 1.5865.

If you play this B&B, probably best to put SL above WPR1, about 20 pip SL with a potential of 100 pip profit @ 1.5750.

Hi Sive,
I have a question in regards of S&P. On daily chart I see a RRT formed. Also 2 butterflies 127.2 ext. from the lower one (X=1465.38) already hit. In combination with RRT this could be very powerful down move! My question is-is it permissible to use lower X point for btfly, as oppose to "orthodox " X point(1474.36) in which case 127.2 sell point would be slightly higher?! Please see the screenshot attached!
Thank you for your time!

Hi Venelin,
yes, you can use this higher point as Butterfly major X-A swing, but be careful, since we have greater AB=CD in progress, and X-A is BC leg.
In general, I agree with you, that some big fall could happen in nearest time - take a look at NASDAQ - it is forming H&S and this is clear divergence between indexes. It never leads to something good. So, US stock market now stands at crucial point - we either will see failure H&S on NASDAQ and challenge of all times highs, or this will be really big fall. I think that former is more probable.

Hi Sive, Since July when EURUSD hit 1.20411, I have been trading a 3-Drive-Buy on the Weekly time frame, which had a target of 1.3486. which has now been met. Now, I will be watching for signs of a B&B Sell on Monthly. Please see attached files. I hope you will comment on this plan in case I have it wrong.

Hi buddy,
excellent trade, although I do not treat this as 3-Drive, but market is so complex and variable that it could appar to be as you've said.
It is very difficult to call monthly price action as B&B. Mostly due poor thrust down and market has passed K-resistance area already. This is not very favorable for B&B's. Besides, it has too many closes above 3x3. Only if it will fail right here, around 50%, we'll see...

Unrelated but I think we have confirmed B&B "Sell" on the Daily TF for GBP/USD. Correct me if I am wrong but we have now 3 periods on the daily TF for retracement and market has hit minor 3/8 resistance + WPR1. Yesterday's daily candle has pushed us above the 3x3 which is needed in order for B&B to be confirmed.

View attachment 8219

yes and if u reduce the time frame to 30 min there's a butterfly sell, i guess... but i'm affraid to jump in before the uk news tomorrow.View attachment 8220

Excellent discussion , guys. That are my thoughts either, you can take a look at today's update. But probably we will proceed to 1.5880-1.5890 before retracement will start.

Thanks alot I already saw the opportunity before infact i entered and came out but as i saw your post i re-entered with confidence and boom market plummeted i made a lot of money from this opportunity alone. I so glad ending the week and starting a new month with profits sign of better things to come. Thanks a million u're the best I love you hahahaha so glad.
(note: time of writing gu@1.5819 hint if wave 4 has just ended as i suppose then 1.5674 would be hit next week now GMT+1 11:35AM)

Beautiful... market completed B&B before market closed for the weekend.

It's really cool how technical coincides with fundamental. There was a bearish pattern on the daily which was confirmed by yesterday's daily candle. That gave us context for a short.

This morning NFP comes out and is lower than forecasted. Really cool stuff.

nfp.png

Beautiful... market completed B&B before market closed for the weekend.

It's really cool how technical coincides with fundamental. There was a bearish pattern on the daily which was confirmed by yesterday's daily candle. That gave us context for a short.

This morning NFP comes out and is lower than forecasted. Really cool stuff.

View attachment 8231

Thanks Sive,
Great call on the Cable. Perfect.

Congrats, guys. We did it.
Brandon, Alex - very good analysis. DiNapoli rules:p

thanks! i am happy mainly because of beeing able to do it all by myself! it's good to see i am starting to learn something :p
this is gonna be a crazy month for gbp, i guess!

Thanks, Sive. I am very grateful for the effort you put into your analysis every night. It has helped me learn a lot.

Back