FOREX PRO Weekly January 30-February 03, 2012

thanks Shango
Pls have test this MACDPredictor both on demo and live?
If yes what do u think.
Though I will still try it out .
thanks once again.

Hi Sive,
I'd appreciate your thoughts here.

When I look at the daily chart of the E/U, it looks, to me, that it is entirely possible that price could re-trace back to the 1.36 level. This is roughly in the area of a 61.8% fib retrace from the last swing high.

Also, the current price action seems like it could be viewed as a bull flag pattern too.

I find this bullish euro action amazing but, one must trade what one sees.

I am sure that NFP data may impact on these technical observations though.

EUdaily.jpg

Mary

Dear Sive

In today's analysis you mentioned that we could not treat the thrust for DiNapoli directional patterns as there has been no close under 3x3. But if we look on MT4 charts, the close is almost there. (I have circled it in red for clarity). Can we not treat this as LAL pattern? If not, why?

Thanks
Mili

Hi Mili. The one among other advantages of DiNapli technique is in precision. So, we either have close below 3x3 or not. There could not be any compromise. But this is not mean that you can't enter by supposing that it will work, a bit forcing this pattern and treating it as a LAL. You just have to understand the risk, because you have no confidence in this case that odds related to pure DRPO are on your side. Personally, I will not do this, but this is just my HO.

m0z1

my chart looks different from yours and also use MT4. (chart attached)

also, are you sure your fib retrace structure is drawn properly? shouldn't the first fib node/line be 38.2 and not 78.6?

Hi Triantus, that's why I prefer futures. :) Only exchanged traded markets could tell you with 100% precise have we signal or not by some indicator...

then why are our chart different? weird. what's your chart timezone?

just watching CNN... -31C tonight in russia!! don't go outside sive ;-)

Guys, There is just -20C where I am :). And those pictures have no relation to reallity. This temerature holds usually no more than 1-2 weeks. In general here is just slightly colder than in Germany, for instance. I remember once there was a winter with -2 / +2 C temperature through whole winter....
So, the imagination of Russia as permafrost country absolutely baseless...

Hi Sive,
I'd appreciate your thoughts here.

When I look at the daily chart of the E/U, it looks, to me, that it is entirely possible that price could re-trace back to the 1.36 level. This is roughly in the area of a 61.8% fib retrace from the last swing high.

Also, the current price action seems like it could be viewed as a bull flag pattern too.

I find this bullish euro action amazing but, one must trade what one sees.

I am sure that NFP data may impact on these technical observations though.

View attachment 4747

Mary

Hi Mary. This could be (I mean move to 1.35), but in the nearest term all will depend on how market will response to 1.33. My thoughts about in in 5th post on first page.

sive,

what is the significance of the fact that on H4 the market tried to retest the lower border of the ascending channel we just broke out off for the second time, and failed again?

how much significance should we as traders attribute to such an event?

sive,

what is the significance of the fact that on H4 the market tried to retest the lower border of the ascending channel we just broke out off for the second time, and failed again?

how much significance should we as traders attribute to such an event?

Well, this is significant, but it's better to watch on intraday charts from perspectives on higher one, particularly daily. Daily has a bullish context and bullish classical pattern. So we need some reasons to start speak about bearish bias on daily, but we do not have them yet, at my mind. THis is not quite correct, probably, to start from intraday charts. But again, this depends on trading style and method. For me, intraday charts are the consequence but not the reason.
From perspectives of daily chart we are interesting with two points - lower border of flag and potential upward failure breakout, that could lead us to DRPO "Sell".

Hi guys...and gals!

Triantus, I see you are on a roll trading the forex ;)

Ok, just checking yah coz I am not much of a technical guy:p

Is that a very bearish butterfly on the H1 chart or is that just the top of an owl's head????

Back