FOREX PRO Weekly, January 31-February 04, 2011

GBP/USD Daily Update, Fri 04, February 2011

Good morning,
DRPO has been confirmed, now, as I understand from your recent posts, the question is about the targets.

but in the beginning I want to warn about today's NFP release. Rumors tell that it should be somewhere around 140K.

If you're intraday trader and trade particularly DRPO, then the nearest target is 1.6050-1.6070 area - this is 4-hour Confluence support and previous consolidation - market will protect it. Also, daily trend will be bullish today till 1.6017.

If you're trade butterfly "Sell", then your nearest target is 1.27 expansion from the whole Butterfly move - it's about 1.5630 area.

And now take a look at daily time frame - here is clearly see the W&R of previous highs. I think, that the nearest solid support area is confluence support at 1.5940.

The choice is up to you. Just decide for yourself what do you trade particularly. And be wise - if you'll see strong move down and market falls like a stone - may be it makes sense to hold position for more time. If you will see some nervous and choppy on the market- may be better to take profit (today is Fri, BTW), or at least tight stops.

Attachments

• GBP_4H1_04_02_11.PNG
    GBP_4H1_04_02_11.PNG
    38.3 KB · Views: 162
  • GBP_4H_04_02_11.PNG
    GBP_4H_04_02_11.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 164
  • GBP_D_04_02_11.PNG
    GBP_D_04_02_11.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 162
Sorry

Hi,
guys, I've explained that milions of times, why are you so lazy to surf the forum archive?
THe point is that Forex is over-the-counter market, i.e. decentralized, so there are no "real" quotes and charts. You can find as much quotes and charts as much fx brokers.
here is my chart in MT4 from Alpari UK. It's absolutely normal.

That's why I use and trade futures - all quotes are come from exchange and fixed in database, all participants see the same quotes.

Hi Sive,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for bothering you.
I have been surfing your archive but was not able to find it.
I'm new to forex and looking for good info.
Thanks again for your effort.
BackSpace

Hi Sive,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for bothering you.
I have been surfing your archive but was not able to find it.
I'm new to forex and looking for good info.
Thanks again for your effort.
BackSpace

That's Ok, sorry for my grumbling,
I should control my temper more.

Last edited:
Stoch and MACD settings

Dear Sive

In your charts yesterday I noticed that you use Exponential MACD. Is that a part of MT4 as I am using simple MACD. I tried finding exponential but could not find it. Also if I find it what are the best parameters to use to set it up?

Also if you could tell me the setting for your STOCH that would be great...

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Mili

Dear Sive

In your charts yesterday I noticed that you use Exponential MACD. Is that a part of MT4 as I am using simple MACD. I tried finding exponential but could not find it. Also if I find it what are the best parameters to use to set it up?

Also if you could tell me the setting for your STOCH that would be great...

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Mili

I asked that question too. Search for Joe Dinapoli book "Trading D levels", read it. It will help you follow Sive's analysis.

Back