FOREX PRO Weekly July 09-13, 2012

Maybe we will see some dollar weakness ahead of tomorrows FOMC statement. I'm long from 1.2245 with 1/3 position.

guys, today is a clusterf%ck! forget the e/u and trade the e/j. even though no trending moves, still made more than would have been possible with e/u. but way too dangerous today.

what the hell is taking so long for the retrace to kick in? maybe later in NY it'll start moving up. anyway, i had it for one day. off to watch star wars episode 2 and then sleep.

good luck!

do you mean the empire strikes back?
i made loads short of eur today.

must start looking at e/j - whats context triango?

no, episode 2.

context? i scan all TFs until i find one that has a potential trade in line with the patterns on a longer TF. and if not, sell/buy against the 100 or 200 MA, and if there is a range between both these MAs that's wide enough, then play that range only if market is not trending, that is.

do you mean the empire strikes back?
i made loads short of eur today.

must start looking at e/j - whats context triango?

damn it! i forgot one more thing. important article in the Financial Times:

now, if my understanding is correct, the SNB is accumulating billons of euros that it sells on a regular basis (the article confirms this)... now i am just wondering, if the selling should intensify for whatever reason, then obviously that's another important clue that any upside in e/u should be severely limited.

as to the e/chf peg, i was hoping it might break, but according to that UBS guy, it looks like the SNB is quite capable of keeping it going for months if not years. am just mentioning this because it could be a strategy to go limit short e/chf. if there is a speculative attack against the peg, then > 50 billions in sell stops could be triggered. you can imagine the size of such a move if it ever happens: huge! unfortunately it's a one-off and it could be a long time in coming. nonetheless...

Why the SNB will keep its grip on the franc

quote: '
Moreover, while the SNB is accumulating billions of euros it is also acting to limit its exposure to the eurozone crisis. The central bank actively diversifies its euro reserves into other foreign currencies including the dollar and the pound. '

Source:
Why the SNB will keep its grip on the franc - FT.com

P.S.: crap!! i just tested the link above and now the page is not public anymore. to read it, you'll have to register. think it's free though.

guys pls is this a gartley on 1hr gold if it is what is the likely target. thanks

Attachments

• gartly.gif
    gartly.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 11
Back