FOREX PRO Weekly July 18-22, 2011

Dear Mr. Yousuf,

At the out set I express my inability to remain silent and say sorry to Mr. Sive as I am replying some questions posted for him. My reply here is as a showcase to all forum users and also all budding learners.

now, Mr. Yousuf ,

Question 1 Yes its ok
Question 2 Though the question is out of pure concern that you may have for Mr. Sive but is not correct ask as we are here as a student and not ask something personal. Its Mr. Sive's credentials that he is working for an EU bank ! Did we went to our bank and asked how much exposure our banks have in EU banks ? - No . Sorry Mr.Yousuf I dont want to hurt you for asking this question but i feel sad & Its incorrect that when something is free we take things for granted and ask beyond our cup of tea !

I am not on advise mode to Mr. Yousuf but I am being a student who is respecting his Teacher - Mentor - Guru. So, Mr. Yousuf, please take it in right spirits. Salam Allekum.

Right on point!!!

Mr. DaveDubai,
you are a recruit. Do not act as a General.
If Yousuf's question warranted an answer, it would come from either Sive or the admin.
Besides, the emoticon at the end of the sentence shows that Yousuf was kidding.

Bernard

Dear Mr. Yousuf,
. . . . . . .
At the out set I express my inability to remain silent and say sorry to Mr. Sive as I am replying some quest. . . . . . . . .

Hello Mr. Sive!
I understand that your time is very limited, so I'll just post an analysis and hope you'll take a look. If not, take care of yourself and don't overwork!

Monthly: Trend is bearish, price is forming ABCD retracement after strong move up, straight to 0.5 resistance from all time high. Target of ABC coincides with 1 retracement of the move up and stands inside this move.

Weekly: Retracement after reaching of small abc 100% target and Agreement with 0.88 fib support. Problem is that trend turned bulish but the price action stands in the range of initial bulish engulfing. We have 0.382 resistance of CD leg. So, up or down?
Preferably market will move up to weekly Confluence resistance and form Butterfly sell. Monthly trend will stay bearish precisely at that area.

Daily: trend bulish. Price could form ABCD retracement after strong move up.

H4: several Stop grabbers. I think price will retrace to WS1. This is 0.618 daily retracement and agreement. Also, this is the low of strong daily bar up.

Action: I will SELL right at the opening of the market. ST just above 0.382 Weekly resistance. If price goes down I will move stops to BE an wait to see if I get any bullish pattern around 5.448 agreement area. If yes, close short positions and open longs, if not hold short.

Georgeta, you've made nice analysis. But the major question is what is your time frame? What time frame do you trade? Depending on that will be easier to discuss possible action

Hey sive,

thanks again for your analysis. Hope your in good health.

Quick 2 questions:

1. Do you think it is wise to buy a straddle from current market price of 14150?

2. You work for an european bank, did your bank pass the stress test ? =P

Hi Yousuf,
Options trading is a bit, say, different substance. You 've said only about strike price. What about the time and premium that you will get. In general straddle is a short position on volatility. You have to be sure, that market will not leave some range, i.e. volatility will decrease. To answer on your question, we need to look at some additional indicators, such as True Range, Historical Volatility, and calculate implied volatility that m-makers build in their quotes. We have to know time till expiration and premium. So, it's not a piece a cake.

Greetings Sive, Once again thanks for ur straight to the point analysis. pls would need help as to how to use trailing stop, what it is all about, and if it a better option than stop loss. please pardon me if i am drawing you backwards please, i just want to learn from you. Thanks in anticipation of ur usual support. :)

Hi akalou, If my mind does not trick me, in FPA military school there are couple of chaters how better to apply trailing stop. The major idea is not move it just for fix number of pips, but follow some strong support levels that appeared when market countinue move up or resistances - if down.
Concerning option, the short answer will be - use it, when logical stop is too far for you. For instance, if you decide to make deal on weekly chart or even monthly but stop will kill you if it will be triggered - you may try apply options or some strategies - spreads, straddles, strangles, ratio spreads and other.

Mr. DaveDubai,
you are a recruit. Do not act as a General.
If Yousuf's question warranted an answer, it would come from either Sive or the admin.
Besides, the emoticon at the end of the sentence shows that Yousuf was kidding.

Bernard

BenOm, Yousuf, Dave. We are equal here, surely we have to follow some rules of decorum, but this kind of piking not very pleased to anybody.
First, don't treat me as Guru, master etc. I'm the same as you and just share with my view on market, since probably I know something, that could be useful to forumers. Those people who find that useful - read my posts, others - not, that's normal. So as you do - you also know something, that may be could be useful to others. We are here for study.
Be patient to each other respect yourself and others.
I understand that Dave has thought that Yousuf a bit cut it too fat and want to reestablish the status quo, and he is partially right. And I'm thankful to Dave for his attitude.
From the other view this was, really, as BenOm said a joke.
The one thing that I will not be tolerate to is critics and forecasts without any foundation.

I don't care

I don't care where Mr. Morten works, only care what he knows and what he thinks.

He helps me buy me Ferrari :)

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 19, July 2011

Good morning,
On daily time frame there are no much changes.
We've said, that market could reach one of the Fib extensions around 1.4004 on 4-hour chart and that has happened.
If you've entered long already right from agreement around 1.3980-1.4004, now you should have profitable position already, you've not - then it's better to wait a bit, since I do not see currently any clear patterns yet.
Our bullish wedge has transformed into parallel channel. Here we could see different possibilities - upper breakout and retest of upper border, of the channel, butterfly buy, it could be stop grabber on hourly chart or something.
Other words - if you still flat - wait for clear bullish patterns before pull the trigger.
Our bullish context is still valid.

Attachments

• EUR_D_19_07_11.PNG
    EUR_D_19_07_11.PNG
    58.1 KB · Views: 138
  • EUR_4H_19_07_11.png
    EUR_4H_19_07_11.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 140
  • EUR_1H_19_07_11.png
    EUR_1H_19_07_11.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 140
Hi Sive, I think your trend line drawing made us miss the buy opportunity confirmation, I saw a flag up pattern with target should be around 1.45xx . We could easily enter LONG at recently low - below 1.41 if observe 15M chart. Yours is similar but the channel is unnecessary broader

Attachments

• bullish signal 2.gif
    bullish signal 2.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 131
Hi Sive, I think your trend line drawing made us miss the buy opportunity confirmation, I saw a flag up pattern with target should be around 1.45xx . We could easily enter LONG at recently low - below 1.41 if observe 15M chart. Yours is similar but the channel is unnecessary broader

Sorry Nicole, that my channel has confused you a bit, probably you're right.

hello Mr.Sive
I'm Indra. I interested in forex, and still learning of it.
I feel very lucky I joined the FPA. I learned many things in Forex Military School.
I have a problem because I can't find the study about butterfly shape that you used in your analysis.
can you tell me where I can find lesson about butterfly pattern you used?
thank for your help
and
sorry for my bad English :p

Back