FOREX PRO Weekly July 18-22, 2011

Hi Papao,
I use Joe's parameters for MACD.
There is no difference between MACD lines and histogram, since they are the same, if you use the same parameteres. I do not use histogram, because do not see any significant advantage over simple MACD.

Can anyone tell me how to load a simple MACD indicator? All I can find on MT4 is the histogram.

Can anyone tell me how to load a simple MACD indicator? All I can find on MT4 is the histogram.

Hm,
In my build-in MT 4 MACD simple type exists also. Search among parameters of indicator something like Type or Style - and change histogram into lines. Something like that.

Also in Military Shcool was a link to simple MACD. But may be it was in sneak preview...
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/chapter-12/15768-sneak-preview-chapter-12-part-ii-moving-average-convergence-divergence-macd.html

Hm,
In my build-in MT 4 MACD simple type exists also. Search among parameters of indicator something like Type or Style - and change histogram into lines. Something like that.

Also in Military Shcool was a link to simple MACD. But may be it was in sneak preview...
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/chapter-12/15768-sneak-preview-chapter-12-part-ii-moving-average-convergence-divergence-macd.html

Hi Sive, I was not able to change the histogram to 2 lines, but did see that the moderator provided one in the Military School link you provided. Thank you! I am happy to have this now.

Last edited:
hey

hey sive, how are you doing?

Im sorry i think i confused u more, no i dont have a strangle but a LONG straddle from 14200, and the premium is 250 pips. the expiration is 29th of july, as im prediciting the market to react soon and a increase in volatility, im waiting on some news to push my straddle into profit.

Yousuf..

EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 21, July 2011

Good morning,
market has hit our targets - as 1.618 on 4-hour chart, as 0.618 on daily time frame that we've appointed yesterday. Daily trend has shifted to bullish, but today probably we could count on some pullback, since, as I've said market has hit targets and shown W&R.

If market still has bullish bias it has two targets for potential retracement - 1.4164 - nearest Fib support and 1.41- Confluence support.

If you will take a look at 4-hour chart you'll see that CD leg is much flatter than AB. This is a sign of weakness, and tells that market hardly will exceed 1.0 target on daily 1.4433.

So, today, I think market will be under sign of retracement down. Currently I do not see any clear Sell patterns, except, may be Shooting star on hourly chart and W&R. Drop your time frame to 15-min and search for "Sell" signals.
Stop could be placed right above the highs or above weekly pivot resistance 1. 1.4306.

Attachments

• EUR_D_21_07_11.PNG
    EUR_D_21_07_11.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 157
  • EUR_4H_21_07_11.PNG
    EUR_4H_21_07_11.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 156
  • EUR_1H_21_07_11.PNG
    EUR_1H_21_07_11.PNG
    51.4 KB · Views: 157
Hi Sive,
Thanks for your analysis.
Could you please advise, on drawing the fib retracement, how do you decide on which reaction points to pick and which reaction points to ignore?
On the 1H chart of today's analysis, there are some valid reaction points that you chose to ignore. Any guideline?

Hi Sive

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and analysis, I'm only a couple weeks watch your analysis even it always in mail box. And I found out your analysis is very helpful and really give me new thing to learn.
Allow me to learn more from you.
And I found out forex military school is very valuable, and I wonder if there is pdf version where I can download.

Denny

here is the email address of the MADC designer that was posted on the forum davidwt@usa.net

I guess you can get in touch directly and download it from him.

Also here is a step by step way to install your indicator once downloaded (not mine but it works)

Step By Step

1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder
2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)
3) Launch your MetaTrader application
4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window
5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory
6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1
7) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart
8) Voila... done

Also to get rid of the histogram display. Edited the MACD from your indicator's list, click on colors, click on the color labelled 2 and choose "None". that will get rid of the histogram.

hope it helps

Hi, Sive,

It shows Gartaly Sell now on 4h chart

Attachments

• 2011-07-21_20-59-18.jpg
    2011-07-21_20-59-18.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 104
here is the email address of the MADC designer that was posted on the forum davidwt@usa.net

I guess you can get in touch directly and download it from him.

Also here is a step by step way to install your indicator once downloaded (not mine but it works)

Step By Step

1) Download/Copy/Save the MQ4/EX4 file into your C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators folder
2) Close your MetaTrader application (assuming it's currently open ... Ignore this if the application hasn't been launched)
3) Launch your MetaTrader application
4) On the left hand side, look for the "Navigator" window
5) Under the "Common" tab, look into the "Custom Indicators" directory
6) Locate the indicator which you have just downloaded into the folder stated in Step 1
7) Drag (Click and drag) the indicator onto the chart
8) Voila... done

Also to get rid of the histogram display. Edited the MACD from your indicator's list, click on colors, click on the color labelled 2 and choose "None". that will get rid of the histogram.

hope it helps

Thank you. This does also help.

Back