FOREX PRO Weekly July 23-27, 2012

just to add something to the bollinger band part of T,s post,
Indiators favoured by J.Boll to confirm band signals:
Momentum : RoC, Stoch
Ob/Os : CCindex, RSI
Sentiment : Survey /put call ratio
( i dont even understand the sentiment part)
i left out volume

Thank you againt Triantus. I always read you with interest. BTW, why don't make your system more mechanic? (don't misunderstand me; if you make consistent money with this there is no need to change!). I feel unconfortable with discretionary systems (because they are hard to test and it's also difficult to understand if they are working or not; a mechanical system makes all clear. You know all you need, and you just follow the plan. After that you review your results and you evaluate what might have been wrong).

:)

Triantus.

Don't you just love it when the players are glaringly obvious in their intent ?

I like how the players keep using the same tired old tricks .....& yet they still trap traders

I trust you worked out what I was pointing you to?

cheers :D

Triantus.

I like how the players keep using the same tired old tricks .....& yet they still trap traders

Craig,
Just like Elliot wave count, what you write here (this is by no means a critique or irony) could be interpreted in many, many ways. I think everybody (i.e. less experienced traders) would greatly benefit by more specific and concrete statements on your part.
Thank you and looking forward to eye-openers that hopefully will make things as obvious as they are to you.

well, you tell me, craig. is what i posted right on or completely off?

Triantus.

i hear you, papao. but that's not my style. i'm averse to mechanical systems. for me, the gut has to be involved as well.

Thank you againt Triantus. I always read you with interest. BTW, why don't make your system more mechanic? (don't misunderstand me; if you make consistent money with this there is no need to change!). I feel unconfortable with discretionary systems (because they are hard to test and it's also difficult to understand if they are working or not; a mechanical system makes all clear. You know all you need, and you just follow the plan. After that you review your results and you evaluate what might have been wrong).

well, you tell me, craig. is what i posted right on or completely off?

V Close but no cigar......... :) .........remember to simplify........avoid over-thinking the indicators
too many can make you hesitate to place a position ;)
I've pulled back to a stage where I have my Ma's my own indicator & DeNapoli fibs
that's all that's required to scalp 200+ a day

(must admit to checking Sive's blog to see whether it lines up with my daily analysis)

always expect the players to be running a trap.........paranoia, doesn't mean they're not out to get you :D

ok, tantalizing morsels... only MAs and fib levels!?? unbelievable! impossible! ;-)

now, if i may, your MAs.... how many do you use? are you talking about SMA, EMA, DMA, WMA? what about the periods?

V Close but no cigar......... :) .........remember to simplify........avoid over-thinking the indicators
too many can make you hesitate to place a position ;)
I've pulled back to a stage where I have my Ma's my own indicator & DeNapoli fibs
that's all that's required to scalp 200+ a day

(must admit to checking Sive's blog to see whether it lines up with my daily analysis)

always expect the players to be running a trap.........paranoia, doesn't mean they're not out to get you :D

Back