FOREX PRO Weekly June 25-29, 2012

I'm long from 1.2445, took profit on 1/3 of the position at 1.248. Hopefully we are forming a SG on the daily TF. The R/R from this area is great, few pips SL with a potential 350pips reward.

I strongly agree. I'm now long from 1.246 if this stopgrabber works the bulls have one last big treat coming!

One broker(alpari) time is set +3h ahead of the other, so I guess we may say that is not using Sundays. The feed is the same-only time shift is different.The macd forecaster has the same settings for both brokers.So on TF bigger than 4h visual difference is big and that is a problem! Also pivot points indicators also would be different!

Venelin,

as I saw, one of brokers has very small, I assume Sunday candles and I also think Sunday candles are calculated in the average, Just check if you find Sunday candles. I think Alpari starts trading on Sunday 23.00 CET and FXCM also but time shift should not affect, at least not so much as seen in your pictures.

buy.pngsive sir said abt possible bullish stop-grabber..
so i was also long from ABCD 168% :)
this is why i follow him blindly.. with a very good risk.. :p

Last edited:
Hi to all

entered long at 1,24433, stop BE, and expecting to hold for a longer period, at least this week.

Here is how I see the picture now, everything is written in the picture because this is my instructions for daily trading plans.

Good trades to all!

EURUSD_062612_6H.jpg

Well, the fact that Alpari time is shifted, avoids showing sunday bar on platform and changes the whole picture!
Venelin,

as I saw, one of brokers has very small, I assume Sunday candles and I also think Sunday candles are calculated in the average, Just check if you find Sunday candles. I think Alpari starts trading on Sunday 23.00 CET and FXCM also but time shift should not affect, at least not so much as seen in your pictures.

could not agree more. in fact, and of course, this is pure speculation on my part, but given the peculiar dance performed lately by EZ politicos, and what with soros's scare tactics, it seems clear that they will not--cannot--screw this one up and have every intention to send a message to the markets, loud and clear, and therefore i say: expect some news out of this THU/FRI meeting that will surprise everyone to the upside.

the fall to 1.18 or even 1.1 will come later this year as a slowing chinese economy, if significant enough, 'can send the dollar soaring' according to analysts. it's all gonna be about the dollar pretty soon, and then, next year, when everyone will trip over each other to rid themselves of that junk the greenback will have become as the USA falls off the fiscal cliff, it's gonna be every man and woman and his/her goat into commodity currencies.

anyhow, that's my prediction. ;-)

Hello Sive and all traders!

Was not exactly what I had expected but close. I am long now and if low is in place then I expect 1,2700 - WR1 area. Best buy for me is at 1,2450 and if it comes I will add bigger position, stop at 1,2430 .

Have chaged time frame on 6H because it is less noise. I like what I see, sitting on WR1, 88,6 and so on. On lower time frames I almost lost counts - it was like a worm.

Good trades to all!

View attachment 5809

if everyone is short, then go long. isn't that what jim rogers loves to say when he's on bloomberg? ;-)
i'm being facetious, but think about it: if the market were saturated with shorts, there wouldn't be many more additional shorts left to enter the market and thus wouldn't push the market down much further than it already is. ergo: the next stage would be some sort of short squeeze, hence the long trade.

but since it's next to impossible to know exactly the total number of shorts worldwide at any given point in time...

louis
i also could not see any rationale why anyone will choose to go long now as a matter of fact its even better to be neutral now than going long but i think everyone has is own way of analysin market. market is unpredictable hence we could see upward movement but instead of going long i'll rather stay neutral

venelin, why even trade with FXCM? please please please don't give money to those crooks. unless... did they clean up their act now? because if memory serves, there got fined by the CFTC for stiffing their customers. it's under the broker reviews section on this site if you want to check it out. (not to mention the ridiculous feed manipulation they used to engage in... i was one dupe once).

View attachment 5828View attachment 5829Hi Sive and all,
Firstly thank you for your as always great analysis! I have a problem with relying on Daily SG. The reason behind is that on a Daily charts from different broker(FXCM Mt4) trend is already bearish and daily on Alpari UK bullish still and SG looks very probable! What a difference a time setting on MT4 brings-(one is set @GMT and other+3hours time shift)!Any way-thanks again for your time! Here is charts :

Back