FOREX PRO Weekly March 05 - 09, 2012

what can u say about this long position please gbpusd daily.gif

I see a strong area, as pointed on the chart. The price is now stuck between MP and WP. Below are WS 1 and 2 (bright green lines) and MS 1 and 2 (pale green lines). I saw a B&B on H4 but it is not working too well at this moment.

The problem that makes me worry is that market didnt reach any target to the Upside on Daily chart. Maybe the price will form higher highs. What do you say about a possible Bearish Wedge?

Thank you Mr. Morten!

Hi Georgeta,
Hm, I hardly see the wedge here. Probably it could turn to some kind of broadenin' top, but it also will be not very pretty. May be its better to wait for some more clarification. What could be done here?
You have bearish pattern and bearish trend from the one side. From the other side, you have solid support below the market.

One thing that you can do is to trade trend on intraday charts with entering at retracements and exit around support or even at previous lows. But this is just a theoretical assumption...

what can u say about this long position pleaseView attachment 4969

Well, to discuss your long position, I need to know your analysis first. Share with your analysis, and we will discuss it here.

Hi Sive
I just wanted to thank you very much for all your technical analysis on the EUR, and could I ask you of a favor ? is there a way to set-up my chart of the EUR on MT4 the way you do with the stop grabber and your other indicators, or are they Proprietary ? and if so is there another way of setting it up to come close.
Thank you very much for your time and talent & God bless to you and your family.

Kenneth Arnold

sive, if it's ok with you, i'll field that question.

kenneth, to get the dinapoli indicators you need the following files:

1- MACD(DEMA)DiNapoli.mq4
2- MACDPredictor.mq4

you need file (1) in order for file (2) to work. but you don't need to display file (1) on your chart, only file (2).

the links are, respectively:

1- MACD(DEMA)DiNapoli.mq4 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
2- MACDPredictor.mq4 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

the DMAs (displaced moving averages) are simply a SMA displaced by 3 or 5 periods. so DMA 3x3 is a SMA of period 3 displaced to the right by 3 periods. likewise, DMA 7x5 is a SMA of period 7 displaced by 5 periods, and similarly with DMA 25x5.

as to the MACD, just use the classic MACD and change the periods to 8, 17, 9. i don't have the preferred Stochastic, so you'll have to source that somewhere else. and finally, the DPO (Detrended Price Oscillator) mentioned in the book is available through a download from the MT4 online library, which you can access from within MT4 (press CTRL-N and scroll all the way down and double-click on the entry that features a globe, which will bring up MetaEditor with the Online Library tab in focus at the bottom of the screen. Just enter the indicator name in the search field, click the binoculars icon, and you'll get a list of matches. Just select what you want and click download, et voila! you're all set.

it's that simple. any questions, just ask.

Hi Sive,
Pls I am often a bit confuse with stop SG and dynamic pressure.Though I understand that dynamic pressure occur when Market(Price) is flat or in up/down direction while MACD is in opposite of market but for SG U said it is a shift in market momentum.Pls am confused can U define it condition of Occurrence in the market possibly with example.
thanks.

Pls Sive sorry for bothering.
I search Ur archive for SG but Ur explanation looks as if stop grabber is the same as W&R. PLS if am wrong do right my wrong
thanks for Ur Time.

Hi Sive,
Pls I am often a bit confuse with stop SG and dynamic pressure.Though I understand that dynamic pressure occur when Market(Price) is flat or in up/down direction while MACD is in opposite of market but for SG U said it is a shift in market momentum.Pls am confused can U define it condition of Occurrence in the market possibly with example.
thanks.

Hi ochills!
If you care for my opinion, here it is:

SG is when the price tries to shift trend and then returns right back. It doesnt W&R any level. It works best when price does this in retracement mode.

Dynamic pressure is when the price action doesnt confirm the trend. I mean it doesnt confirm it right after the shift in trend. If it goes some time with the trend and then returns, you dont have a signal.

In both cases, the minimum target is previous extremes, but you have to be very careful with this because this could refer to a small reaction extremes and not the whole move.

It takes some time to recognize them. Good luck!

Attachments

• gbpd.gif
    gbpd.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 21
Back